ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 8
< 123 4567 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Brady Quinn-The AFC Championship Was the Most Poorly Officiated Game EVER
Hammock Parties 01:46 PM 01-30-2023
:-):-)

[Reply]
Rain Man 02:05 PM 01-30-2023
Originally Posted by morphius:
What is fun is watching all the bitching about a play that literally ended up having zero effect on the outcome. We got the penalty, and didn't move the ball again and punted. Yes I would have been frustrated about it if it had gone the other way, but as soon as we make them punt, I'm good.
Yeah, it's almost like they think they had a touchdown called back, when actually it was the Chiefs who had a touchdown called back.

And I still think Toney had control when he crossed the plane on that early pass, but whatever. We won and I wouldn't change a thing.
[Reply]
xztop123 02:06 PM 01-30-2023
If we had got a touchdown on the play that we had to replay they would have still made us replay it.
[Reply]
xztop123 02:07 PM 01-30-2023
And the hit on mahomes was late.

There was one very mild pass interference call on Cincinnati. That one they can complain about.
[Reply]
morphius 02:10 PM 01-30-2023
Originally Posted by xztop123:
And the hit on mahomes was late.

There was one very mild pass interference call on Cincinnati. That one they can complain about.
And that one we didn't do anything with either, still punted the ball and didn't gain another yard. So again, didn't hurt cinci at all. Still can't believe the announcer ref thought that MVS's hips facing the wrong direction from where the ball was coming from was too subtle to call, but whatever.
[Reply]
DaFace 02:11 PM 01-30-2023
Originally Posted by wazu:
He's not even saying it was in favor of the Chiefs. Just said it was bad officiating yesterday all day. Complained about the Eagles game officiating as well. Not sure what we're supposed to be mad about here.
Aside from the clock issues, though, I don't really even think our game was badly officiated. :-)
[Reply]
htismaqe 02:11 PM 01-30-2023
Originally Posted by morphius:
And that one we didn't do anything with either, still punted the ball and didn't gain another yard. So again, didn't hurt cinci at all. Still can't believe the announcer ref thought that MVS's hips facing the wrong direction from where the ball was coming from was too subtle to call, but whatever.
His hips were completely turned. It was obvious DPI.
[Reply]
carcosa 02:12 PM 01-30-2023
Originally Posted by DaFace:
Aside from the clock issues, though, I don't really even think our game was badly officiated. :-)
It was absolutely fucking fine, by NFL ref standards (which admittedly aren't high). Bengals just talked shit they couldn't back up so naturally they had to find something else to blame. Pathetic
[Reply]
Spott 02:12 PM 01-30-2023
This game seemed like the refs were more disorganized than anything else. It’s not that they called a bunch of unjust penalties or missed a bunch of calls either way, but it felt like this was a crew that hadn’t worked together much. Besides the whole replay 3rd down thing, that decision by them to rule Mahomes down after Cincy threw the challenge flag, but not charge them with a challenge was pretty screwy.
[Reply]
DaFace 02:13 PM 01-30-2023
Originally Posted by Spott:
This game seemed like the refs were more disorganized than anything else. It’s not that they called a bunch of unjust penalties or missed a bunch of calls either way, but it felt like this was a crew that hadn’t worked together much. Besides the whole replay 3rd down thing, that decision by them to rule Mahomes down after Cincy threw the challenge flag, but not charge them with a challenge was pretty screwy.
It's the downside of shuffling crews in the playoffs. I think they probably get more right than wrong when they do it, but it makes the whole process seem a bit more clunky.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 02:13 PM 01-30-2023
Originally Posted by Spott:
That's literally the problem. It's a bunch of refs off different crews thrown together.
[Reply]
htismaqe 02:13 PM 01-30-2023
Even that wasn't "badly" officiated. It was circumstance. That was one of the loudest Arrowhead broadcasts I've ever heard.

Nobody could hear. Burrow was screaming in the huddle. The refs couldn't hear each other. Nobody heard the whistle, not on TV or in the stadium.

It wasn't a mistake, it was just a byproduct of the crowd noise.

What do you want to do? Start penalizing fans for being too loud?
[Reply]
The Franchise 02:14 PM 01-30-2023
If the shoe was on the other foot and the Bengals would have won the game with calls like these involved....every single one of these fucks would be quiet. Crickets.
[Reply]
suzzer99 02:14 PM 01-30-2023
Yeah I'm going to take someone seriously whose show is named after 2 girls 1 cup.
[Reply]
DaFace 02:15 PM 01-30-2023
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Even that wasn't "badly" officiated. It was circumstance. That was one of the loudest Arrowhead broadcasts I've ever heard.

Nobody could hear. Burrow was screaming in the huddle. The refs couldn't hear each other. Nobody heard the whistle, not on TV or in the stadium.

It wasn't a mistake, it was just a byproduct of the crowd noise.

What do you want to do? Start penalizing fans for being too loud?
While true, the one that everyone's cranky about was when the Chiefs were on offense. I honestly don't know why no one could hear the whistle. Maybe he just didn't blow it?
[Reply]
ModSocks 02:15 PM 01-30-2023
It wasn't. Even the DPI was fair based on what we've seen in the past.

These little bitches can go cry to their mommas.
[Reply]
Page 3 of 8
< 123 4567 > Last »
Up