ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1 of 3
1 23 >
Nzoner's Game Room>PFF is at it again
staylor26 12:24 PM 01-30-2023

Mahomes vs Burrow (not excited about dropping this grenade)

Mahomes had three big time throws (likely the Toney drop, MVS touchdown, MVS deep crosser) and one TWP (fumble).

Burrow had the same. Slightly surprised the first INT wasn't one pic.twitter.com/ugMNBctONg

— Shaun Newkirk (@Shauncore) January 30, 2023

[Reply]
comochiefsfan 12:27 PM 01-30-2023
Hey PFF:

Know your role and SHUT YOUR MOUTH. You Jabronis.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 12:27 PM 01-30-2023

Fair night for the offensive line pic.twitter.com/NHTsphv9DD

— Shaun Newkirk (@Shauncore) January 30, 2023

Wut?
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 12:28 PM 01-30-2023
absolute nonsense.
[Reply]
DRM08 12:30 PM 01-30-2023
Makes it impossible to take them seriously. When you are consistently underrating the MVP of the league, something ain’t right in your grading system.
[Reply]
jd1020 12:30 PM 01-30-2023
I cant tell you how pissed off it makes me to know my team is going to the SB and the other team isn't.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 12:31 PM 01-30-2023
The OL chart is either just flat out wrong or they're complete retards.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 12:33 PM 01-30-2023
I can’t say I’ve ever looked at their stuff but how does their business even make money putting out nonsense like this? Who is paying for this?
[Reply]
smithandrew051 12:33 PM 01-30-2023
This is what happens when fucking nerds try to be like everyone else. They can’t help themselves but to nerd up everything that people enjoy. They think this will lead to their acceptance and an end to the constant wedgies and swirlies, but they end up being hated more than before. Smart enough to crave attention, but lack the emotional intelligence to understand that same craving drives people away. They can’t help themselves.

These fucking PFF people probably still don’t understand why no one wanted them in their group projects, “even though I’m the smartest person in class!”
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 12:36 PM 01-30-2023
Direction works for pff?
[Reply]
Chief Roundup 12:36 PM 01-30-2023
PFF must be ran and operated by Skip Bayless.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 12:40 PM 01-30-2023
Originally Posted by KC_Connection:
I can’t say I’ve ever looked at their stuff but how does their business even make money putting out nonsense like this? Who is paying for this?
I understand the original intention was to tell more of the story than the stat sheet shows. That makes sense, but they’ve really taken it too far.

Trying to be so smart that they end up stupid.

I believe the traditional stats are still the best for evaluating a season/career. If a guy is productive over a long period of time, do we really care if he made easy throws? The luck tends to even out over time.

If a guy finds a way to take the easy route to put up big numbers, then that’s a skill in itself. Teams try to adjust, so production is all that really matters anyway.
[Reply]
ChiTown 12:41 PM 01-30-2023
Originally Posted by smithandrew051:
I understand the original intention was to tell more of the story than the stat sheet shows. That makes sense, but they’ve really taken it too far.

I believe the traditional stats are still the best for evaluating a season/career. If a guy is productive over a long period of time, do we really care if he made easy throws? The luck tends to even out over time.

If a guy finds a way to take the easy route to put up big numbers, then that’s a skill in itself. Teams try to adjust, so production is all that really matters anyway.
PFF has geeked themselves into irrelevancy. They've attempted to introduce sabermetrics into a football format, and it just doesn't work.
[Reply]
SupDock 12:43 PM 01-30-2023
Originally Posted by smithandrew051:

The try too hard to be different, and too often the stats don’t pass the eye test, or they are trying to eliminate so many factors that the rating ultimately has no meaning

If they are not looking at the fact that he was hobbled, had limited offensive weapons, and gutted out a hell of a win, then they are missing what everyone else can clearly see
[Reply]
Fish 12:44 PM 01-30-2023
PFFffffft.....
[Reply]
Page 1 of 3
1 23 >
Up