ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 6 of 14
« First < 23456 78910 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Here comes the winds of change Bengals
RunKC 09:35 AM 01-30-2023
The price of being a good team. We saw how Allen regressed after Dabboll left. Losing either of these 2 would be a huge blow to that team.

This just in....

The Cardinals have requested to interview Bengals DC Lou Anarumo for their vacant HC job, per league source.@gmfb @nflnetwork

— Peter Schrager (@PSchrags) January 30, 2023

The #Cardinals also requested an interview with #Bengals OC Brian Callahan for their head coaching job, per source. Callahan also is a candidate for the #Colts job.

— Tom Pelissero (@TomPelissero) January 30, 2023

[Reply]
DRM08 06:36 PM 01-30-2023
Originally Posted by mr. tegu:
If I am a Bengals fan I want them to keep Higgins for an all in push, but there is a very strong argument the best thing for them is to trade him.
They could franchise tag Higgins, which give them 2 more years with him. It's going to take several years before the really big money hits for Burrow & Chase.
[Reply]
kccrow 06:37 PM 01-30-2023
Originally Posted by O.city:
I’d say a 2nd and change would get Higgins no?
No way. They drafted him 33rd and of his 3 seasons the only one less than 1000 yards was his rookie year when he had 900.

It's a 1st + 3rd IMO, same as AJ Brown.
[Reply]
Bowser 06:39 PM 01-30-2023
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
Marquise Brown got a first and Higgins has a much better resume comparatively.
But he's fast and goes by "Hollywood".
[Reply]
Bowser 06:40 PM 01-30-2023
Originally Posted by kccrow:
No way. They drafted him 33rd and of his 3 seasons the only one less than 1000 yards was his rookie year when he had 900.

This is likely true.
[Reply]
BryanBusby 06:46 PM 01-30-2023
And his losing his shit was legit IMO. "Why the fuck would this motherf'er touch their QB!" I think every player on that football team was wondering the same thing. I think people have a problem more with the environment/situation in which he was open about it than him saying what he said. You know that's getting aired in a meeting if a team is serious about players being accountable and fixing what went wrong.

Let's face it, that defense played outstanding football too. You can't single out one play that loses a football game because that's unfair to any single player. That said, that play certainly was a very boneheaded move by a young player.

Pratt openly apologized and said he wasn't being a good teammate today.

Pratt is a guy I really like. He's an ascending pass-coverage linebacker. If they don't re-sign that kid, it's a big mistake IMO.
Agreed. He is the best linebacker on that team.

Knowing the Bengals they try and plug and play his spot with a cheap rookie.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 06:53 PM 01-30-2023
Originally Posted by DRM08:
They could franchise tag Higgins, which give them 2 more years with him. It's going to take several years before the really big money hits for Burrow & Chase.
That seems even worse to frontload someone’s contract like that.

Burrow will get a contract this offseason which means tee becomes a free agent in year 2 of the burrow deal. Then that year they gotta make decisions on Hendrickson, reader, Boyd etc… I don’t think they have the luxury of 1 year deals with gigantic base salaries.

They may just do it in desperation for a Super Bowl before they have to rebuild around chase and burrows contracts. But that will just make the rebuild harder. If anything you want to pay off as much of burrow and chases deals in the front years so the future parts of the deal become just a little less expensive.
[Reply]
DRM08 06:55 PM 01-30-2023
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
That seems even worse to frontload someone’s contract like that.

Burrow will get a contract this offseason which means tee becomes a free agent in year 2 of the burrow deal. Then that year they gotta make decisions on Hendrickson, reader, Boyd etc… I don’t think they have the luxury of 1 year deals with gigantic base salaries.
They can backload the contract for Burrow in a pretty big way, similar to the KC deal with Mahomes. They also don't have to worry about Chase's big money for quite a few years since he was drafted later than Burrow.
[Reply]
Bump 06:59 PM 01-30-2023
their DC has to be someones first choice as HC
[Reply]
O.city 07:05 PM 01-30-2023

If that’s the case, they should probably trade him
[Reply]
notorious 07:47 PM 01-30-2023
Cincy will be fine.

They need to draft great (at the end of the round), sign quality free agents (with less cap available), and replace quality coaches thanks to turnover.

Piece of cake.
[Reply]
notorious 07:48 PM 01-30-2023
The smart play is for Cincy to trade their soon to be expensive talent, draft well, and have Burrow produce with new guys every 2-3 years.
[Reply]
kccrow 07:50 PM 01-30-2023
Originally Posted by notorious:
The smart play is for Cincy to trade their soon to be expensive talent, draft well, and have Burrow produce with new guys every 2-3 years.
Exactly the same as what KC should be doing.
[Reply]
notorious 07:52 PM 01-30-2023
Exactly the same as what KC should be doing.
And we are. A few very expensive vets mixed in.

Thank goodness those vets produce when it really matters.
[Reply]
RunKC 08:59 PM 02-04-2023
C’mon Arizona. Hire this fucker and fuck the Bengals!

The Cardinals will conduct a second interview with Bengals DC Lou Anarumo on Friday, with Giants OC Mike Kafka also set to get a second interview (timing TBD on that one), per sources. The interviews, as of now, are set to be done over Zoom.

Those are the only 2 known finalists.

— Albert Breer (@AlbertBreer) February 4, 2023

[Reply]
Mr_Tomahawk 09:32 PM 02-04-2023
Let’s go Lou!
[Reply]
Page 6 of 14
« First < 23456 78910 > Last »
Up