ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 5 of 14
< 12345 6789 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Here comes the winds of change Bengals
RunKC 09:35 AM 01-30-2023
The price of being a good team. We saw how Allen regressed after Dabboll left. Losing either of these 2 would be a huge blow to that team.

This just in....

The Cardinals have requested to interview Bengals DC Lou Anarumo for their vacant HC job, per league source.@gmfb @nflnetwork

— Peter Schrager (@PSchrags) January 30, 2023

The #Cardinals also requested an interview with #Bengals OC Brian Callahan for their head coaching job, per source. Callahan also is a candidate for the #Colts job.

— Tom Pelissero (@TomPelissero) January 30, 2023

[Reply]
Chiefshrink 05:40 PM 01-30-2023
Originally Posted by Mecca:
That doesn't even account for that basically everyone thinks they'll cut Mixon, it saves them 10 mill and explore trading Tee Higgins.

Trading Higgins is all over social media today.
I would take Tee Higgins EVERYDAY !!!:-)
[Reply]
Coochie liquor 05:47 PM 01-30-2023
Originally Posted by Chiefshrink:
I would take Tee Higgins EVERYDAY !!!:-)
Exactly. Our WR room is gonna look different next year. Be nice to have him in it!
[Reply]
DRM08 05:50 PM 01-30-2023
Originally Posted by Chiefshrink:
Anuramo reminds me of Dick LeBeau. There isn't any type of offense he can't scheme for. He is a no-nonsense type guy who won't put up with a "crybaby blamer" QB like Murray. IF he gets the job, will be interesting to see how that relationship pans out.
That type of tough coaching is exactly what Kyler Murray needs. Kingsbury did him no favors with the soft treatment.
[Reply]
raybec 4 06:00 PM 01-30-2023
That doesn't even account for that basically everyone thinks they'll cut Mixon, it saves them 10 mill and explore trading Tee Higgins.

Trading Higgins is all over social media today.
That obviously makes it true.
[Reply]
DRM08 06:02 PM 01-30-2023
Originally Posted by B_Ambuehl:

Mahomes currently has advantages no other QB in NFL history has had. An original offense that creates a lot of space, a top 5 Oline, a defense that can pressure the QB & get off the field, AND he's mobile & can extend plays. As he gets older you'll probably see him forced to play more from the pocket.

The rivalry between these 2 teams and these 2 QBs will likely only get better, unless one of the front offices royally fucks things up.
Are you seriously trying to argue that Mahomes has the advantage on the defensive side of the ball? Burrow's defense has never given up more than 23 points in a playoff game. Mahomes' defense has given up an average of 32 points per game in 3 playoff losses. Let me know when Burrow's defense gives up more than 30 points in a playoff game. Hell, let me know when they give up more than 25 points in a playoff game. So far, the Cincy defense has been phenomenal in Joe's playoff career.

And don't even get me started on the defense that was backing Tom Brady for many years. He recently won a Super Bowl with a defense that gave up 3 points against a Rams offense that scored 30 per game throughout the season. He won another Super Bowl against a Rams team that was perhaps the greatest offense ever, until Belichick shut them down and held them to 17 points. A pretty loaded Tampa defense (from drafting Top 10 every year) held Mahomes below 10 points in a Super Bowl as well. I can go on and on with the help that Brady has gotten, not only from his defense but the Special Teams & Kicker as well. Some extreme luck as well, such as the fumble in the snow against the Raiders or the Dee Ford offsides play.

The defense for KC played great last night, while still giving up too many 3rd and Forever conversions along with a 40 yard bomb on 4th down when they needed to get off the field. The KC defense has hurt their chances of winning in the past, but last night they found a way to make some massive plays when the team needed it. They had a very successful Draft in 2022 and I'm hoping they can continue to build the defense. It needs to be better than it has been for a huge chunk of Mahomes' career.
[Reply]
Mecca 06:07 PM 01-30-2023
Originally Posted by raybec 4:
That obviously makes it true.
No but it makes a ton sense when they won't be able to afford him and a team like the Giants might be willing to toss them a 1.
[Reply]
raybec 4 06:09 PM 01-30-2023
No but it makes a ton sense when they won't be able to afford him and a team like the Giants might be willing to toss them a 1.
Man, anyone who gives up a 1 for Tee Higgins probably shouldn't be making draft decisions anyway.
[Reply]
kccrow 06:12 PM 01-30-2023
Originally Posted by BryanBusby:
Pratt is a FA and knew he won't be back. That's why he lost his shit.
And his losing his shit was legit IMO. "Why the fuck would this motherf'er touch their QB!" I think every player on that football team was wondering the same thing. I think people have a problem more with the environment/situation in which he was open about it than him saying what he said. You know that's getting aired in a meeting if a team is serious about players being accountable and fixing what went wrong.

Let's face it, that defense played outstanding football too. You can't single out one play that loses a football game because that's unfair to any single player. That said, that play certainly was a very boneheaded move by a young player.

Pratt openly apologized and said he wasn't being a good teammate today.

Pratt is a guy I really like. He's an ascending pass-coverage linebacker. If they don't re-sign that kid, it's a big mistake IMO.
[Reply]
ModSocks 06:12 PM 01-30-2023
Originally Posted by B_Ambuehl:
I'll take the other side of that argument:

1. Burrow has only had one six or 7 game stretch in his entire 3 year career where he played behind an even average offensive line. During that stretch this season he was unstoppable. The wheels fell off in the baltimore playoff game. He played yesterday behind an Oline with 2 backup tackles and without his pro-bowl guard. It's basically the same situation Mahomes was thrust into in the superbowl.

2. Mahomes plays behind one of the best Olines in the NFL as far as pressure rate and I saw a stat last week that the offense he plays in inherently creates more open space for receivers than any in the NFL. Add to that he's very mobile.

https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-final-2...-line-rankings

The chiefs offense is about the ONLY NFL offense football nerds at the college & high school level try to copy. The NFL is a copycat league with the exception of the chiefs.

The Bengals offense doesn't do much at all. They just allow guys to win 1 on 1. It's a very, very high degree of difficulty offense. You're not gonna have a Chad Henne come into the Bengals offense and lead 98 yard scoring drives or any backups having winning records over a stretch of games.

I think you'll find as Burrow gets older his protection is gonna get better, his offense is gonna get better as far as structure, and aging isn't gonna affect him much because he's primarily a pocket QB. He may lose some weapons but his production isn't going anywhere.

Mahomes currently has advantages no other QB in NFL history has had. An original offense that creates a lot of space, a top 5 Oline, a defense that can pressure the QB & get off the field, AND he's mobile & can extend plays. As he gets older you'll probably see him forced to play more from the pocket.

The rivalry between these 2 teams and these 2 QBs will likely only get better, unless one of the front offices royally fucks things up.
You a Bengals fan, brah?
[Reply]
Mecca 06:15 PM 01-30-2023
Man, anyone who gives up a 1 for Tee Higgins probably shouldn't be making draft decisions anyway.
He's getting WR 1 money and a team and the back of the round that really needs a receiver could easily consider it.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 06:21 PM 01-30-2023
Marquise Brown got a first and Higgins has a much better resume comparatively.
[Reply]
mr. tegu 06:23 PM 01-30-2023
If I am a Bengals fan I want them to keep Higgins for an all in push, but there is a very strong argument the best thing for them is to trade him.
[Reply]
raybec 4 06:26 PM 01-30-2023
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
Marquise Brown got a first and Higgins has a much better resume comparatively.
Marquise Brown going for a 1st is the exact reason why teams should avoid giving up a 1st for Higgins. (plus IIRC it was Marquise Brown and a 3rd round pick)
[Reply]
kccrow 06:33 PM 01-30-2023
Marquise Brown going for a 1st is the exact reason why teams should avoid giving up a 1st for Higgins. (plus IIRC it was Marquise Brown and a 3rd round pick)
Higgins is a much better WR than Marqise Brown.

Plus the size to be a matchup problem anywhere. 6'4" 215 to 5'9" 170.

Higgins would be the absolute #1 on most teams in the NFL. Chase dilutes how good Higgins is in his own right.
[Reply]
O.city 06:34 PM 01-30-2023
I’d say a 2nd and change would get Higgins no?
[Reply]
Page 5 of 14
< 12345 6789 > Last »
Up