ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 14
< 123 456713 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Here comes the winds of change Bengals
RunKC 09:35 AM 01-30-2023
The price of being a good team. We saw how Allen regressed after Dabboll left. Losing either of these 2 would be a huge blow to that team.

This just in....

The Cardinals have requested to interview Bengals DC Lou Anarumo for their vacant HC job, per league source.@gmfb @nflnetwork

— Peter Schrager (@PSchrags) January 30, 2023

The #Cardinals also requested an interview with #Bengals OC Brian Callahan for their head coaching job, per source. Callahan also is a candidate for the #Colts job.

— Tom Pelissero (@TomPelissero) January 30, 2023

[Reply]
notorious 11:12 AM 01-30-2023
The hangover begins next year for them.

They had so many bounces to their way the last 2 years. They did have a legitimate setback with their line being decimated with injuries. We can relate.
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:12 AM 01-30-2023
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Burrow played like absolute shit last night. McDuffie dropped a pick ont he first drivw that hit both his hands.

He’s been propped up by elite talent for so long. His only production last night were YOLO balls to Chase and Higgins.

And his OL sucks. Yeah he’s in trouble
Exactly.

Every one of Burrow's big completions were 50/50 balls that his WR's did all the work.

Without them, he's Kirk Cousins before JJ.
[Reply]
lcarus 11:13 AM 01-30-2023
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
Plus, I think the majority of the NFL thinks their fans are total douchebags.

So much for being lovable losers
I didn't use to think so but losing and winning reveals character. A lot of them were total gloating, trash talking twat lips after one stinkin AFC Championship victory and now that they've lost, they're crying about refs and rigging and anything other excuse they can think of. Not all of them. Just a lot. Including their mayor. I'd have been embarrassed to be a Bengals fan through all of that honestly.

And yes I know the Chiefs have their fair share of smelly butthole whiskers too. As do all teams.
[Reply]
Bowser 11:15 AM 01-30-2023
Originally Posted by Direckshun:
Unless Lou gets promoted to a HC job, the Bengals will challenge us in the AFCCG one more year.

After that: Burrow's cap comes due, Chase's cap comes due, and the talent on that offense gets squeezed out unless they draft really, really well.

And if they lose Anarumo this year? Yikes.
Completely agree. Don't forget Tee Higgins is going into the final year of his rookie contract in '23, as well.

Cinci is going to go full Buffalo in '23 and attempt to stock the roster in the last year they have cost controlled superstars.
[Reply]
Red Dawg 11:19 AM 01-30-2023
It's not by chance that the last 2 teams standing have QB's that can move and make something out of nothing. Joe can run but he's not a playmaker. He's a pocket passer statue with a big ego and last night he got humbled. The Bengals look stupid as hell running their mouths and could not back it up. If Mahomes gets another ring in two weeks then all the talk will die down for a long time. There will be no debate. 2 rings, 2 MVP's ends the conversation between him and any other QB currently playing.
[Reply]
lcarus 11:21 AM 01-30-2023
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Exactly.

Every one of Burrow's big completions were 50/50 balls that his WR's did all the work.

Without them, he's Kirk Cousins before JJ.
Exactly what I was thinking. He made like 5 big plays in that game. Two of them were jump balls to a covered Chase and Higgins who just outplayed rookie DBs. Two of them were broken coverages that left guys as wide open as they could be. One of them was a designed QB keeper up the middle when they caught the Chiefs defense sleeping. Great play call actually. To be fair, he is an accurate passer and is pretty slippery in the pocket. Good poise. He can run and scramble a bit. But he doesn't have the god-like arm talent and playmaking ability Mahomes has. It's insane to compare the two and not even really fair to Burrow if you ask me. You can't really knock Dame Lillard because he's not Lebron ya know?
[Reply]
RealSNR 11:29 AM 01-30-2023
Originally Posted by Bowser:
Completely agree. Don't forget Tee Higgins is going into the final year of his rookie contract in '23, as well.

Cinci is going to go full Buffalo in '23 and attempt to stock the roster in the last year they have cost controlled superstars.
What they really need are OTs.

Guess what's really hard to come by in FA and the draft this year.

I can see them paying a few guys some extensions and trying to go after one of the big DL guys (they'd prefer DT) but there's not much to be had out there.

They're gonna have to draft well at the back ends of all the rounds just like everybody else who makes it this far in the playoffs. Their rookie class from this past year was pretty disappointing.
[Reply]
Oxford 11:33 AM 01-30-2023
Originally Posted by ntexascardfan:
I think moreso than losing coaches, I'm curious to see how that locker room responds this off-season. They all talked a big game this week and were collectively kicked in the dick.

It takes a lot of resolve and grit to push through that stuff. It's easy to be cocky and confident when the world is going your way.

I think they are going to struggle a bit next season. They'll still be good, but I don't think elite is in their cards.

They also have a ton of contracts they are going to need to start figuring out. Jonah Williams and Tee Higgins will be in final years of their contract in 2023. Joseph Ossai and Ja'Mar Chase after 2024, and then it'll be up to Burrow to determine if he wants to reset the QB market or win Super Bowls.

We're really lucky to have a guy like Patrick who created a team friendly deal. It'll be interesting to see if Burrow is more of a Tom Brady or an Aaron Rodgers when it comes to contracts.
Seems there are a lot of vocal folks in that locker room, it's going to a test of leadership to pull that all back together, more so than Buffalo right now.
[Reply]
RealSNR 11:34 AM 01-30-2023
Originally Posted by lcarus:
I didn't use to think so but losing and winning reveals character. A lot of them were total gloating, trash talking twat lips after one stinkin AFC Championship victory and now that they've lost, they're crying about refs and rigging and anything other excuse they can think of. Not all of them. Just a lot. Including their mayor. I'd have been embarrassed to be a Bengals fan through all of that honestly.

And yes I know the Chiefs have their fair share of smelly butthole whiskers too. As do all teams.
There's a difference between trash talking and what the Bengals did. If some Bengals player had said, "We think we're the better team because x, y, z" in his own personal expressive style, it's just trash talking. You're keeping it to football. That's what Frank Clark did to Tennessee in the AFCC.

The players, the mayor, the Burrowhead shit... that's not keeping it to football. That's just garbage. It's gloating. It's not confidence-- it's arrogance. And that's what fucks you over in the end.
[Reply]
DRM08 11:37 AM 01-30-2023
Come on Arizona, please take Lou! He is a massive part of Cincy’s success.
[Reply]
Valiant 11:39 AM 01-30-2023
I assume they spend money this off-season on oline.
Then pay the piper in 24.

They have to decide who they are keeping with burrow.
A lot of guys will be getting contracts.
[Reply]
The Franchise 11:40 AM 01-30-2023
Originally Posted by Valiant:
I assume they spend money this off-season on oline.
Then pay the piper in 24.

They have to decide who they are keeping with burrow.
A lot of guys will be getting contracts.
They don't need to spend money on the offensive line. They already did that. They just need to stay healthy.
[Reply]
cdcox 11:40 AM 01-30-2023
Originally Posted by lcarus:
Exactly what I was thinking. He made like 5 big plays in that game. Two of them were jump balls to a covered Chase and Higgins who just outplayed rookie DBs. Two of them were broken coverages that left guys as wide open as they could be. One of them was a designed QB keeper up the middle when they caught the Chiefs defense sleeping. Great play call actually. To be fair, he is an accurate passer and is pretty slippery in the pocket. Good poise. He can run and scramble a bit. But he doesn't have the god-like arm talent and playmaking ability Mahomes has. It's insane to compare the two and not even really fair to Burrow if you ask me. You can't really knock Dame Lillard because he's not Lebron ya know?
I think the scramble was just Burrow taking what was there. I don’t know if he audibled or just took off. When watching live I noticed both DTs shifted toward the outside presnap leaving a huge whole in the middle. It was so there for the taking.
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 11:45 AM 01-30-2023
Jacksonville is next up on the Chiefs AFC championship tour
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 11:48 AM 01-30-2023
Originally Posted by Oxford:
Seems there are a lot of vocal folks in that locker room, it's going to a test of leadership to pull that all back together, more so than Buffalo right now.
Probably not too different from us. Honey badger was a terrific leader until he wasn’t. Veach did a masterful job of resetting our team culture. Our offense started to get arrogant and much as I love tyreek he was a huge part of that. Our defense was starting to get too confrontational from honey badger to hitchens.

Which makes me think Eli apple won’t be back next year. And I wonder how they’ll deal with Pratt chewing out Ossai. I get the frustration but he seemed to step way over the line. Either way credit veach for making those kinds of bold moves. Let’s see if the bengals have that in them.
[Reply]
Page 3 of 14
< 123 456713 > Last »
Up