ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 4 of 5
< 1234 5 >
Nzoner's Game Room>A Level Headed Review Wk 21
DenverChief 09:27 PM 01-29-2023
1. Defense. Collectively as a team played very well, sacks, picks and keeping us in the game until the end. Williams (1 Int), Watson (1 Int), Jones (2 sacks), Clark(1.5 sacks), Karlaftis (1 sack), Gay (.5 sack), Cook (1 deflection).

2. Patrick Mahomes. Gutting out the ankle pain and making it happen with a depleted offense. Then with it all on the line sprints for the first down and draws the roughing penalty to give Butker his shot. 5 AFC Championships in 5 years as a starter and 3 Super Bowl Appearances. We are truly blessed and living in the golden era of Chiefs football.

3. Skyy Moore on the punt return at the end of the game. What a way to set us up for the winning field goal. Without that good run back we don't have a chance. Kudos to him and Toub working on his punt duties and getting him solid.

4. Butker. Clutch kicking the whole game and nails when we needed it the most. We are lucky to have such a good kicker.

5. Offensive line. Collectively helped keep Mahomes on his feet only gave up 2 sacks (realistically 1 sack, one was on a failed Mahomes run).

6. Stupid penalties. Wylie (taunting) and Cook (Defensive holding/PI) had a couple of stupid penalties. Glad it didn't cost us in the end.

7. MVS. Once again makes clutch TD catches to keep us in front of the Bengals. He lead all receivers with 116 yds and a TD. Next man up in the WR room. Honorable mention to Marcus Kemp for a critical 13 yard catch to keep the drive alive late.

8. Kelce. While he wasn't lights out he was our #2 in yards and scoring. He just keeps this team going, I fear the day he decides to hang it up.

9. Injuries. We had a lot in this game and I hope they can all come back for the SB. Sneed (Concussion), JJSS (Knee), Hardman (groin aggravation) and Toney (Ankle). We will need them to keep pace with an explosive Eagles offense.

10. Pacheco. While he wasn't super flashy this game he did manage to roll up 85 total yards of offense for us Rushing and Receiving. With as close as this game was all those yards counted.

ON TO THE SUPERBOWL!!
[Reply]
O.city 01:49 PM 01-30-2023
When it was 6-0, as excited as I was to have the lead, I kinda had that feeling in the back of my head like "fuck, we are blowing a chance to really have this thing by the balls".
[Reply]
Rain Man 02:04 PM 01-30-2023
Originally Posted by Wallcrawler:
Also gotta say, rarely been more infuriated with bad player than I was with Andrew Wiley.

I mean okay, the guy is pretty trash. We get it. He's limited physically in what his ceiling is.

The guy holds to erase a Pacheco TD. We settle for 3 as he costs us 4 points.

But then, after Mahomes hooks up with MVS again for 25 yards, this trash ass, 4 point owing sweathog just decides that SOMEHOW he should have something to say to a defender after, prancing around with whatever the **** kind of lace panty wearing bundle of sticksry that was, DIRECTLY IN FRONT OF THE OFFICIAL, screwing us for 15 yards and costing us at minimum 3 more points.

Like honestly, I wanted him out of the ****ing stadium after that display. Physically and mentally devoid of anything productive to offer this football team on the biggest stage thus far.

What a ****ing IDIOT.

Wiley, and the other dumbest player in the stadium, Ossai, need to be hung upside down and their vaginas filled with concrete so they don't spread their unfathomable stupidity through procreation.

That was the weirdest call. We see trash talk 800 times a game, and Chris Jones is the only person who ever gets called for it. No one else ever gets called, except now maybe Chris Jones and Andrew Wylie.

Whatever. We won. And Wylie will be up on the podium in a couple of weeks waving the Lombardi around as our starting right tackle, and I'll cheer him for it.
[Reply]
DenverChief 04:07 PM 01-30-2023
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
That was the weirdest call. We see trash talk 800 times a game, and Chris Jones is the only person who ever gets called for it. No one else ever gets called, except now maybe Chris Jones and Andrew Wylie.

Whatever. We won. And Wylie will be up on the podium in a couple of weeks waving the Lombardi around as our starting right tackle, and I'll cheer him for it.
Agreed - was it against Ossai?
[Reply]
scho63 04:12 PM 01-30-2023
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
The holding on Creed was weak. They missed several holds on Jones that would have changed the game. Moreover they royally fucked up that clock thing. If I were a bengals fan, I'd be furious. Made no impact, but son of a bitch that's inexcusable. Obviously they're going to throw a fit about the PF call, but fuck that bitch. That's a dirty fucking play.
When there is a big hole for a RB, the first thing the refs look for is a hold. It's just the way it is. Wasn't the worst hold in the game but it created a TD that probably wouldn't have happened.
[Reply]
JPH83 04:21 PM 01-30-2023
One guy I haven't seen getting much love is Thornhill. Feel like it's been a real roller coaster with him and Reid this year. For the first half I thought he was terrible, but the last 4 or 5 games he's been fantastic. In fact both safeties have. I dunno what's changed but i might even be sad to see him go now.
[Reply]
Coochie liquor 04:36 PM 01-30-2023
Originally Posted by Fish:
The older I've gotten, the more I've managed to keep my emotions out of the Chiefs games that I'm watching. But I have to admit, I really really wanted the Chiefs to lay down the beating in this game. I really respected how the Chiefs were professional this week in light of the "Burrowhead" trash talk all week. But the way the entire media hitched on to that, I desperately wanted to see Peg Leg Mahomes come out and prison rape the Bengals. Felt great after that first quarter beatdown. Non stop stress till the clock ran out.

This is the best of the Chiefs in my lifetime. So glad to just be here after the last 30 years of painful Chiefs fandom...
This! All week I wanted to blow them out. But I think the close loss they could have possibly won probably hurts them more. Especially knowing one of their own bone headed players basically cost them the game!
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 04:41 PM 01-30-2023
Originally Posted by JPH83:
One guy I haven't seen getting much love is Thornhill. Feel like it's been a real roller coaster with him and Reid this year. For the first half I thought he was terrible, but the last 4 or 5 games he's been fantastic. In fact both safeties have. I dunno what's changed but i might even be sad to see him go now.
I’ve said before I think spags is fearless about putting his players in a lot of different spots. If you’re bad at that spot stick with it and learn from it. It isn’t until the end of the seasons that he starts to stick with what works. It’s why you hear lots of complaints about Sorensen and niemann early in the season and then they become invisible (In a good way) later on. It’s why we rely heavily on Joshua Williams but dial him back later in the season. Thornhills another good example of that. Past few seasons he’s been spotty early but generally has been pretty decent in the playoffs. I agree that this year in the recent stretch he’s easily playing his best football.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 04:42 PM 01-30-2023
Originally Posted by Rain Man:

Chris jones gets targeted with a lot of bad calls. Wylie definitely deserved that taunting call. It was idiotic. Coming from the person that might be the biggest critic of the taunting penalty.
[Reply]
JPH83 04:56 PM 01-30-2023
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
I’ve said before I think spags is fearless about putting his players in a lot of different spots. If you’re bad at that spot stick with it and learn from it. It isn’t until the end of the seasons that he starts to stick with what works. It’s why you hear lots of complaints about Sorensen and niemann early in the season and then they become invisible (In a good way) later on. It’s why we rely heavily on Joshua Williams but dial him back later in the season. Thornhills another good example of that. Past few seasons he’s been spotty early but generally has been pretty decent in the playoffs. I agree that this year in the recent stretch he’s easily playing his best football.
Largely agree but Thornhill imo had been wildly up and down game to game outside of his rookie year. It also might be as simple as "contract year remains undefeated". The guy SHOULD be desperate to back up his preseason claim for All-Pro. Just odd to see both safeties play so much better including a guy whose strengths and weaknesses really should be known now. I mean who cares why I guess.
[Reply]
stevieray 05:09 PM 01-30-2023
Watched no pregame. Watched the Star Spangled Banner (killer!) then hit the porch to listen to game with Mitch, Danan and Josh. I find it easier to keep emotions on an even keel when I listen to Mitch's call. Not only do you not get the usual fluff from the commentators, you get injury, etc reports from the sideline. Josh does a great job of conveying what's going on during the game. I still haven't seen the sack or punt return.

I think the defense set the tone early on. The sacks and the pressure pretty much told them they weren't just going to run roughshod over the Chiefs. I think this was huge and instrumental. The tackling was on spot. Reid said afterwards all he heard from the defense was they loved the game plan and were chomping at the bit. So refreshing, especially when Mahomes and the O are always expected to carry the team, Jones finally gets the sack mokey off his back, Major hat tip. To top it off, most all this without Sneed and Gay.

I was surprised that both teams had so little rushing yards. My biggest concern was Perine, but alas. I think the cold played into that a little.

Toney down,
Juju down.
Hardman down.
Mahomes hobbled.
Kelce hobbled.

MVS steps up.
Kemp steps up

This team will fall off with the loss of Tyreek?

:-)....wonder how he felt watching that win unfold?

Even with stalled drives that had everyone freaking out, they just kept slugging away.

The rookies? Not rooks anymore.

Just. WOW.

Jones? Disappears in playoffs
Moore? Rough go this season.
Butker? Rough go this season.
Mahomes? Babied that ankle all game, and then ran through the pain at full speed. I think if he hadn't done that, the first down run just might not happen. "I'm not as good as I once was, but I'm good ONCE as I ever was" comes to mind. Just incredible.

It's not just that they WON, it's HOW they won. So many players having an integral part, where without each one making a play, we lose.

I though the last SB run couldn't be outdone, but this gritty, determined win in frigid temps is giving it a run for it's money.
[Reply]
suzzer99 05:31 PM 01-30-2023

This might seem rather trivial out of an entire game of plays but Trent McDuffie shedding this block to tackle Chase on the first play of the game was awesome. Did not see this in the first game against them. pic.twitter.com/uqEMrY3Ms5

— Geoff Schwartz (@geoffschwartz) January 30, 2023

[Reply]
Hammock Parties 05:36 PM 01-30-2023
Originally Posted by stevieray:
Mahomes?

Babied that ankle all game, and then ran through the pain at full speed. I think if he hadn't done that, the first down run just might not happen.

"I'm not as good as I once was, but I'm good ONCE as I ever was" comes to mind. Just incredible.
Great take. I think he was pretty concerned about re-injury, as it's still in the healing process and likely very tender.

You can see him grimacing in all the photos and he's not even taking contact.

The great racehorse knew it was time at the end though. And off he went.

RUN, SEABISCUIT!
[Reply]
stevieray 06:10 PM 01-30-2023
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
Great take. I think he was pretty concerned about re-injury, as it's still in the healing process and likely very tender.

You can see him grimacing in all the photos and he's not even taking contact.

The great racehorse knew it was time at the end though. And off he went.

RUN, SEABISCUIT!
Secretariat

Had a huge heart.
[Reply]
Easy 6 06:13 PM 01-30-2023
You've reeeally been doing a great job with these, DC... thanks for the effort
[Reply]
raybec 4 06:22 PM 01-30-2023
Mike Danna was totally in Burrow's face all night. He made at least 2 of those sacks happen although he didn't get the stats. He seemed to be the guy who flushed Burrow from the pocket when George got his.
[Reply]
Page 4 of 5
< 1234 5 >
Up