ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 5
< 123 45 >
Nzoner's Game Room>A Level Headed Review Wk 21
DenverChief 09:27 PM 01-29-2023
1. Defense. Collectively as a team played very well, sacks, picks and keeping us in the game until the end. Williams (1 Int), Watson (1 Int), Jones (2 sacks), Clark(1.5 sacks), Karlaftis (1 sack), Gay (.5 sack), Cook (1 deflection).

2. Patrick Mahomes. Gutting out the ankle pain and making it happen with a depleted offense. Then with it all on the line sprints for the first down and draws the roughing penalty to give Butker his shot. 5 AFC Championships in 5 years as a starter and 3 Super Bowl Appearances. We are truly blessed and living in the golden era of Chiefs football.

3. Skyy Moore on the punt return at the end of the game. What a way to set us up for the winning field goal. Without that good run back we don't have a chance. Kudos to him and Toub working on his punt duties and getting him solid.

4. Butker. Clutch kicking the whole game and nails when we needed it the most. We are lucky to have such a good kicker.

5. Offensive line. Collectively helped keep Mahomes on his feet only gave up 2 sacks (realistically 1 sack, one was on a failed Mahomes run).

6. Stupid penalties. Wylie (taunting) and Cook (Defensive holding/PI) had a couple of stupid penalties. Glad it didn't cost us in the end.

7. MVS. Once again makes clutch TD catches to keep us in front of the Bengals. He lead all receivers with 116 yds and a TD. Next man up in the WR room. Honorable mention to Marcus Kemp for a critical 13 yard catch to keep the drive alive late.

8. Kelce. While he wasn't lights out he was our #2 in yards and scoring. He just keeps this team going, I fear the day he decides to hang it up.

9. Injuries. We had a lot in this game and I hope they can all come back for the SB. Sneed (Concussion), JJSS (Knee), Hardman (groin aggravation) and Toney (Ankle). We will need them to keep pace with an explosive Eagles offense.

10. Pacheco. While he wasn't super flashy this game he did manage to roll up 85 total yards of offense for us Rushing and Receiving. With as close as this game was all those yards counted.

ON TO THE SUPERBOWL!!
[Reply]
Fish 11:59 PM 01-29-2023
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
Good post. Here's what I have.

1. Mahomes is the best there has ever been. He had no business playing that game and he won it. He won it with the worst defense in the playoffs that is ull of rookies I have to keep hearing about. He won it throwing the fucking ball to Marcus Fucking Kemp. He did it with a busted wheel that he couldn't drive off of and took away half the field. He won against The infallable Burrow that I kept hearing about, who was healthy, and had 3 fucking guys (2 after Boyd went out) that are better weapons than anyone we have on our team. Patrick Mahomes is the best there has ever been. Patrick fucking Mahomes is the best there has ever been.

2. It's obvious we needed to get younger and faster in the secondary. Credit to Veach for finding dudes that can play and Spags for coaching them up. As frustrating as Chase's double move was God it was better than watching those dudes run right by our secondary.

3. These guys wanted this one. Chris Jones, Travis Kelce, obviously Mahomes (who is the best there has ever been), they wanted this one bad. And frankly, so did I. I didn't realize how sick of those twats I am. And frankly, I'm glad they lost on finally getting called for the dirty shit.

4. The officiating was bad both ways, but I think we finally came out in front on one. Weird feeling.

5. Fuck I love this team.
The older I've gotten, the more I've managed to keep my emotions out of the Chiefs games that I'm watching. But I have to admit, I really really wanted the Chiefs to lay down the beating in this game. I really respected how the Chiefs were professional this week in light of the "Burrowhead" trash talk all week. But the way the entire media hitched on to that, I desperately wanted to see Peg Leg Mahomes come out and prison rape the Bengals. Felt great after that first quarter beatdown. Non stop stress till the clock ran out.

This is the best of the Chiefs in my lifetime. So glad to just be here after the last 30 years of painful Chiefs fandom...
[Reply]
oldman 12:19 AM 01-30-2023
Mahomes -- That's why we pay him the big bucks.
Kelce -- That's why we pay him the big bucks.
Jones -- That's why we pay him the big bucks.

To the guys we aren't paying the big bucks to, a chance to hold the Lombardi is just another super effort away.
[Reply]
Wallcrawler 12:53 AM 01-30-2023
Also gotta say, rarely been more infuriated with bad player than I was with Andrew Wiley.

I mean okay, the guy is pretty trash. We get it. He's limited physically in what his ceiling is.

The guy holds to erase a Pacheco TD. We settle for 3 as he costs us 4 points.

But then, after Mahomes hooks up with MVS again for 25 yards, this trash ass, 4 point owing sweathog just decides that SOMEHOW he should have something to say to a defender after, prancing around with whatever the fuck kind of lace panty wearing faggotry that was, DIRECTLY IN FRONT OF THE OFFICIAL, screwing us for 15 yards and costing us at minimum 3 more points.

Like honestly, I wanted him out of the fucking stadium after that display. Physically and mentally devoid of anything productive to offer this football team on the biggest stage thus far.

What a fucking IDIOT.

Wiley, and the other dumbest player in the stadium, Ossai, need to be hung upside down and their vaginas filled with concrete so they don't spread their unfathomable stupidity through procreation.
[Reply]
ChiefsFanatic 12:57 AM 01-30-2023
The holding on Creed was weak. They missed several holds on Jones that would have changed the game. Moreover they royally fucked up that clock thing. If I were a bengals fan, I'd be furious. Made no impact, but son of a bitch that's inexcusable. Obviously they're going to throw a fit about the PF call, but fuck that bitch. That's a dirty fucking play.
The timekeeper messed up the clock thing, and the play had to be stopped. It's literally the rule. The play clock had stopped, and can't start running until the snap of the ball.

Sent from my moto g stylus 5G using Tapatalk
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 03:42 AM 01-30-2023
I’ve been tough on Mvs. This was exactly the game we needed. Did it all. Incredible adjustment to the catch, YAC. This one game alone paid off his contract. Absolutely nails in the biggest game of the year
[Reply]
notorious 03:48 AM 01-30-2023
The holding on Creed was weak. They missed several holds on Jones that would have changed the game. Moreover they royally ****ed up that clock thing. If I were a bengals fan, I'd be furious. Made no impact, but son of a bitch that's inexcusable. Obviously they're going to throw a fit about the PF call, but **** that bitch. That's a dirty ****ing play.
Laying down truth my friend.
[Reply]
scho63 05:06 AM 01-30-2023
Originally Posted by DRM08:
Special Teams were clutch as hell. Obviously great FG kicking from Butker. Great punt return from Skyy Moore at the end. But also some pretty damn clutch punting by Tommy Townsend to put Cincy in tough field position. No silly mistakes tonight on Special Teams and they made game-changing plays to help win the game.
I posted this earlier. He did great and we let up just one large KO return early. Still an issue we need to fix but overall a great ST game. :-)
[Reply]
scho63 05:21 AM 01-30-2023
Originally Posted by Wallcrawler:
Also gotta say, rarely been more infuriated with bad player than I was with Andrew Wiley.

I mean okay, the guy is pretty trash. We get it. He's limited physically in what his ceiling is.

But then, after Mahomes hooks up with MVS again for 25 yards, this trash ass, 4 point owing sweathog just decides that SOMEHOW he should have something to say to a defender after, prancing around with whatever the fuck kind of lace panty wearing bundle of sticksry that was, DIRECTLY IN FRONT OF THE OFFICIAL, screwing us for 15 yards and costing us at minimum 3 more points.

Like honestly, I wanted him out of the fucking stadium after that display. Physically and mentally devoid of anything productive to offer this football team on the biggest stage thus far.

What a fucking IDIOT.

Wiley, and the other dumbest player in the stadium, Ossai, need to be hung upside down and their vaginas filled with concrete so they don't spread their unfathomable stupidity through procreation.
You're 50% correct. Wiley was a complete ass with his "Bird" taunting play right in front of the Ref all alone on the field.

Ossai played nearly as well for Cincy as Jones did for us but with 8 seconds left and sneaky Mahomes trying to get a first down, the guy was like 1 step too late and caused his team 15 yards. In a perfect World it wouldn't have happened for them but in the heat of the moment at the end of the game for the Super Bowl, it was the WORST timing for a mistake. Very similar to Bryan Cook hitting Hurst in the back for the INT about 1/2 second too early. Hard to be perfect at today's speed.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 06:51 AM 01-30-2023
One word: redemption

One fumble aside mahomes played a hell of an efficient game. And took the checkdowns he should have taken last year.

Butker… this cannot be said enough. Fans wanted to cut him just a few weeks ago which is still mind boggling given all he’s done for this team. Everyone know mahomes and kelce are warriors, but butker had maybe the game of his career while also not 100%. Props to Townsend also who of course punted well but held cleanly

Mvs… my eat crow guy. The guy was flat out outstanding.

Skyy… average day but in the end came up gigantic on the last PR.

Chris jones… was arguably player of the game. Just a week ago he was being trolled for having 0 playoff sacks

Frank clark… everyone’s given him a hard time but for whatever reason the dude is just a playoff gamer. I think he’s earned his next year

Josh Williams… comes in huge a few weeks after getting thrown down the depth chart because of his bengals performance
[Reply]
Chris Meck 06:59 AM 01-30-2023

But then, after Mahomes hooks up with MVS again for 25 yards, this trash ass, 4 point owing sweathog just decides that SOMEHOW he should have something to say to a defender after, prancing around with whatever the **** kind of lace panty wearing bundle of sticksry that was, DIRECTLY IN FRONT OF THE OFFICIAL, screwing us for 15 yards and costing us at minimum 3 more points.

Like honestly, I wanted him out of the ****ing stadium after that display. Physically and mentally devoid of anything productive to offer this football team on the biggest stage thus far.

What a ****ing IDIOT.

I know I've been kind of low key on Wylie, but I'd just like to say...

That Wylie blows goats.

Just in case you weren't clear where I stood on him.
[Reply]
HemiEd 07:17 AM 01-30-2023

But then, after Mahomes hooks up with MVS again for 25 yards, this trash ass, 4 point owing sweathog just decides that SOMEHOW he should have something to say to a defender after, prancing around with whatever the **** kind of lace panty wearing bundle of sticksry that was, DIRECTLY IN FRONT OF THE OFFICIAL, screwing us for 15 yards and costing us at minimum 3 more points.

Like honestly, I wanted him out of the ****ing stadium after that display. Physically and mentally devoid of anything productive to offer this football team on the biggest stage thus far.

What a ****ing IDIOT.

This is exactly the post I was going to add. Wiley needs to hit the road regardless of what Chris Collinsworth thinks about him.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 07:23 AM 01-30-2023
Small things….
Cooks awareness to I think intentionally tip the ball to Joshua Williams. Sensational.

Noah gray with the lead block on mahomes final run

Pacheco outstanding in pass pro all night

Who woulda thought… lammons getting picked up by the bengals was a blessing in disguise. Our special teams played well enough. But we ended up needing kemp as a wr.
[Reply]
suzzer99 12:33 PM 01-30-2023
The Cook to Williams play was great, but not that impactful. It was 3rd down, so basically a good arm punt.

Now if Williams could have stayed on his feet and ran to midfield, then it's a huge play.

Well I take that back, breaking up the pass was still a huge play.
[Reply]
Buehler445 01:40 PM 01-30-2023
Originally Posted by Fish:
The older I've gotten, the more I've managed to keep my emotions out of the Chiefs games that I'm watching. But I have to admit, I really really wanted the Chiefs to lay down the beating in this game. I really respected how the Chiefs were professional this week in light of the "Burrowhead" trash talk all week. But the way the entire media hitched on to that, I desperately wanted to see Peg Leg Mahomes come out and prison rape the Bengals. Felt great after that first quarter beatdown. Non stop stress till the clock ran out.

This is the best of the Chiefs in my lifetime. So glad to just be here after the last 30 years of painful Chiefs fandom...
Same.

I was pretty resigned that we were going to lose it, because frankly we had no business being competitive in that game. And we won the fucking thing.

The Bengals had a right to be confident going into the game. But they just would not shut the fuck up. I'm not sure I've ever seen anything like that in football. And this is why.
[Reply]
htismaqe 01:49 PM 01-30-2023
Originally Posted by ChiefsFanatic:
The timekeeper messed up the clock thing, and the play had to be stopped. It's literally the rule. The play clock had stopped, and can't start running until the snap of the ball.

Sent from my moto g stylus 5G using Tapatalk
Yep. It was 100% by the book. Anybody that has a huge problem with it is just looking for a reason to bitch.
[Reply]
Page 3 of 5
< 123 45 >
Up