ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1 of 5
1 2345 >
Nzoner's Game Room>A Level Headed Review Wk 21
DenverChief 09:27 PM 01-29-2023
1. Defense. Collectively as a team played very well, sacks, picks and keeping us in the game until the end. Williams (1 Int), Watson (1 Int), Jones (2 sacks), Clark(1.5 sacks), Karlaftis (1 sack), Gay (.5 sack), Cook (1 deflection).

2. Patrick Mahomes. Gutting out the ankle pain and making it happen with a depleted offense. Then with it all on the line sprints for the first down and draws the roughing penalty to give Butker his shot. 5 AFC Championships in 5 years as a starter and 3 Super Bowl Appearances. We are truly blessed and living in the golden era of Chiefs football.

3. Skyy Moore on the punt return at the end of the game. What a way to set us up for the winning field goal. Without that good run back we don't have a chance. Kudos to him and Toub working on his punt duties and getting him solid.

4. Butker. Clutch kicking the whole game and nails when we needed it the most. We are lucky to have such a good kicker.

5. Offensive line. Collectively helped keep Mahomes on his feet only gave up 2 sacks (realistically 1 sack, one was on a failed Mahomes run).

6. Stupid penalties. Wylie (taunting) and Cook (Defensive holding/PI) had a couple of stupid penalties. Glad it didn't cost us in the end.

7. MVS. Once again makes clutch TD catches to keep us in front of the Bengals. He lead all receivers with 116 yds and a TD. Next man up in the WR room. Honorable mention to Marcus Kemp for a critical 13 yard catch to keep the drive alive late.

8. Kelce. While he wasn't lights out he was our #2 in yards and scoring. He just keeps this team going, I fear the day he decides to hang it up.

9. Injuries. We had a lot in this game and I hope they can all come back for the SB. Sneed (Concussion), JJSS (Knee), Hardman (groin aggravation) and Toney (Ankle). We will need them to keep pace with an explosive Eagles offense.

10. Pacheco. While he wasn't super flashy this game he did manage to roll up 85 total yards of offense for us Rushing and Receiving. With as close as this game was all those yards counted.

ON TO THE SUPERBOWL!!
[Reply]
cdcox 09:28 PM 01-29-2023
We're going to the Super Bowl!!!!!
[Reply]
Chris Meck 09:30 PM 01-29-2023
100%

Gutsiest win I've ever seen.

The Legend grows.
[Reply]
2bikemike 09:34 PM 01-29-2023
Last year it took 13 Seconds to rip the hearts out of the Bills, Tonight it took 27 Seconds to rip the hearts out of the Bengals! It took a little longer tonight because our QB had a bum leg!
[Reply]
FringeNC 09:36 PM 01-29-2023
I think the D played fantastic. You can't really defense some of the plays they hit. They didn't really consistently move the ball.
[Reply]
PHOG 09:47 PM 01-29-2023
SUPER BOWL HERE WE COME!!!!!!!
[Reply]
KC_Lee 09:50 PM 01-29-2023
Mahomes' new theme song.

[Reply]
smithandrew051 09:51 PM 01-29-2023
12 hits on Burrow and 5 sacks.

Damn that felt good.
[Reply]
KC_Lee 09:52 PM 01-29-2023
Originally Posted by smithandrew051:
12 hits on Burrow and 5 sacks.

Damn that felt good.
He does have one of, if not the most, punchable faces in all of sports.
[Reply]
HC_Chief 09:54 PM 01-29-2023
Best defensive performance this season. Talk about peaking at the right time...
[Reply]
smithandrew051 09:55 PM 01-29-2023
Originally Posted by HC_Chief:
Best defensive performance this season. Talk about peaking at the right time...
300 yards, 12 QB Hits, 5 sacks, 2 turnovers, 20 points.

That’s big time against a team like the Bengals.
[Reply]
Megatron96 09:56 PM 01-29-2023
Today the defense allowed just 4 scoring drives, only 50% TDs, on a total of 11 CIN drives, or just 36%. Well below CIN's normal scoring average.

6/14 on 3 dn, 43%

309 yds total offense, (season avg. 360)

2 INTs

and 5 glorious sacks, losing a total of 32 yards

Well done, defense, well fucking done.

And STs!!!!! WAY TO FREAKING GO SPECIAL TEAMS!!!!!!!!!!!!
[Reply]
scho63 10:13 PM 01-29-2023
Townsend did a great job punting today too !
[Reply]
Molitoth 10:14 PM 01-29-2023
The refs had one of the cleanest games I've seen.

There was perhaps a holding call on the Bengals which was ticky-tack, but I can't remember if it mattered.

Every other call was legit.

When the losing fanbase can only point to "that should have been holding on the offensive line" comments, you know they don't have shit.
[Reply]
Buehler445 10:16 PM 01-29-2023
Good post. Here's what I have.

1. Mahomes is the best there has ever been. He had no business playing that game and he won it. He won it with the worst defense in the playoffs that is ull of rookies I have to keep hearing about. He won it throwing the fucking ball to Marcus Fucking Kemp. He did it with a busted wheel that he couldn't drive off of and took away half the field. He won against The infallable Burrow that I kept hearing about, who was healthy, and had 3 fucking guys (2 after Boyd went out) that are better weapons than anyone we have on our team. Patrick Mahomes is the best there has ever been. Patrick fucking Mahomes is the best there has ever been.

2. It's obvious we needed to get younger and faster in the secondary. Credit to Veach for finding dudes that can play and Spags for coaching them up. As frustrating as Chase's double move was God it was better than watching those dudes run right by our secondary.

3. These guys wanted this one. Chris Jones, Travis Kelce, obviously Mahomes (who is the best there has ever been), they wanted this one bad. And frankly, so did I. I didn't realize how sick of those twats I am. And frankly, I'm glad they lost on finally getting called for the dirty shit.

4. The officiating was bad both ways, but I think we finally came out in front on one. Weird feeling.

5. Fuck I love this team.
[Reply]
Page 1 of 5
1 2345 >
Up