ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 4
< 123 4 >
Nzoner's Game Room>SB Tickets...
Mephistopheles Janx 05:03 PM 01-29-2023
I have no clue how this works. Do STHs get first dibs on tickets? If so... what is the cost of the tickets that STHs can get hold of? Lastly, depending on what the pricing structure is, are there any STHs here that would want to ensure that two seats in AZ are filled with red jerseys?

Due to the events in my life over the past 9 months I've come to realize that I need to take opportunities when they present themselves but I also don't want to stuff the coffers of some shitbag reseller or spend that money completely irresponsibly.

Cheapest seats I can find have been in the $4-5k range.
[Reply]
Mephistopheles Janx 02:51 PM 01-30-2023
Originally Posted by sd4chiefs:
I was able to book a hotel room a year ago for two nights and could cancel the room a week in advance.
Allow me to rephrase.

I was specifically walking around this because I don't want to create a woe is me scenario around this post nor play on people's emotions for my gain nor use my wife in that manner to begin with. A year ago I wasn't aware that my wife would be dead and leave me with some funds that I am considering spending on an experience as my own mortality has been made irrevocably clear. There isn't a scenario that exists where I would have been thinking I could attend a Super Bowl in person this season thus I was not in a position to have booked the hotel room a year in advance.

Just because the money for this experience is there doesn't mean I'm looking to just throw money away or spend it at all if I can't find something I deem to be a good enough value.

---

I will, though, take this information into consideration for next season if I'm not able to work something out for this one.
[Reply]
Mephistopheles Janx 02:52 PM 01-30-2023
Originally Posted by Garcia Bronco:
If you are willing to do all that, then I'd get tickets if you really want to go. You can get a ticket for 2k probably if you fight. The only real risk is the Chiefs losing and then that drive home is the worst. The clock started ticking over 12 hours ago. If you aren't already looking...it's late.
I made the drive home from the playoff loss in Indi... through a snow storm. I understand the risks involved. :-)

If you get a line on some $2k tickets... fucking holler at me please.
[Reply]
Garcia Bronco 02:56 PM 01-30-2023
Originally Posted by Mephistopheles Janx:
I made the drive home from the playoff loss in Indi... through a snow storm. I understand the risks involved. :-)

If you get a line on some $2k tickets... ****ing holler at me please.
bring 6k for those tickets...holyshit and I meant to type 4.
[Reply]
SupDock 02:57 PM 01-30-2023
Originally Posted by Garcia Bronco:
bring 6k for those tickets...holyshit and I meant to type 4.
I was about to say.
[Reply]
Why Not? 03:00 PM 01-30-2023
Originally Posted by SupDock:
You really think a ticket goes for 2k?
Almost no chance. The cheapest last year on the resale market went for about $4K. Throw in a much juicier matchup with well know fan bases and the sport's most exciting player? I'd be shocked if anyone can get in for under $5K without a serious hookup.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 03:03 PM 01-30-2023
Hope everyone can go. This fanbase deserves it.
[Reply]
Rain Man 03:07 PM 01-30-2023
Originally Posted by DaFace:
It would be huge fun to go to a Super Bowl, but man, I'm not paying $5,500 plus airfare and hotel. I can go to Europe for a month for that kind of money.

It's everyone's individual decision, so I'm glad for others if they make the decision to go, but I just have no interest in paying that much.
[Reply]
scho63 04:53 PM 01-30-2023
The Super Bowl has turned into the MOST elitist sporting event in the World.

Nothing compares to the money spent on tickets for one day and how much money changes hands. It's fucking obscene.

If any of you are coming to town and stuck for a place to stay, I can drop the seats down in my Caddy SRX and let you stay for only $500 a night.
NO FARTING ALLOWED!

Sex permitted pending a black light check and a $1,000 deposit.

For your money you also get a tasty Egg McMuffin and a QT coffee.
[Reply]
Joe Seahawk 05:05 PM 01-30-2023
I don't know if they do this everywhere, but the Seahawks allocate a certain number of tix to STH via a lottery, that is how I scored tix to SB 40 where the Steelers got us in another poorly officiated game.

I got tix to the NY SB48 because a snow storm was coming and some tix came up for $1500.00 very reasonable. that was the Superbowl where we hosed the Broncos for the first time.

I went to Zona the next year ( the goal line interception bowl vs Brady) and could not get tix, they started at 7K. It was still fun to go down to phoenix though. The Seahawks rented the diamond backs stadium for a huge rally with beer vendors and guest speakers. Chuck Knox even spoke there. good times. Dont be afraid to go down, who knows you might be able to score some tix.

Congrats BTW!
[Reply]
Strongside 05:12 PM 01-30-2023
I'm in the market. Willing to go up to $4k a ticket, and I need 2.

I booked flights and hotel a few months ago, so good to go there. I'm not paying the current $5k asking price. Will be in AZ either way. If someone hears something please lmk!
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 05:43 PM 01-30-2023
Originally Posted by Mephistopheles Janx:

If you get a line on some $2k tickets... ****ing holler at me please.
$2k...There won't be anything for much under $4k, upper upper deck endzone maybe. They will be cheaper than Miami as that stadium holds only 54,000 and I believe Glendale is close to 80,000. I went to Miami and it was the best weekend of my life, hands down. I may go to Phoenix and do a party and the fan experience and a watch party somewhere. That was super fun in Miami, and may go to the game. I definitely would if there were $2k tix, but I think face value for the cheapest is close to that amount...
[Reply]
BWillie 05:43 PM 01-30-2023
Originally Posted by scho63:

Nothing compares to the money spent on tickets for one day and how much money changes hands. It's ****ing obscene.

If any of you are coming to town and stuck for a place to stay, I can drop the seats down in my Caddy SRX and let you stay for only $500 a night.
NO FARTING ALLOWED!

Counting on it. Hope tons of money filters in to some high stakes poker games at Talking Stick.
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 05:44 PM 01-30-2023
Originally Posted by scho63:

Nothing compares to the money spent on tickets for one day and how much money changes hands. It's ****ing obscene.

NO FARTING ALLOWED!

Can I sleep on the couch if I buy you a couple of hookers?
[Reply]
DanT 05:49 PM 01-30-2023
Originally Posted by Joe Seahawk:
I don't know if they do this everywhere, but the Seahawks allocate a certain number of tix to STH via a lottery, that is how I scored tix to SB 40 where the Steelers got us in another poorly officiated game.

I got tix to the NY SB48 because a snow storm was coming and some tix came up for $1500.00 very reasonable. that was the Superbowl where we hosed the Broncos for the first time.

I went to Zona the next year ( the goal line interception bowl vs Brady) and could not get tix, they started at 7K. It was still fun to go down to phoenix though. The Seahawks rented the diamond backs stadium for a huge rally with beer vendors and guest speakers. Chuck Knox even spoke there. good times. Dont be afraid to go down, who knows you might be able to score some tix.

Congrats BTW!
A lot of fans got burned at that 2015 Super Bowl in Phoenix, having bought tickets from brokers who sold the tickets "short". That is, the brokers didn't have the tickets in hand but expected to pick them up cheap in the week before gameday and then deliver them to the buyers, pocketing the difference in cost between what the buyer agreed to pay and what the broker had to pay. This strategy apparently was effective for several Super Bowls before 2015, but it completely failed in 2015 and lots of fans got screwed by the short squeeze. That's when the NFL stepped in and getting more involved in the process through the On Location entity. Today's Athletic has an article on it entitled "Want Super Bowl tickets? Why $5,000 is likely the floor to get them" (https://theathletic.com/4130065/2023...eagles-chiefs/)
Here's a free commentary from 2021 on the same subject, as well: https://www.yahoo.com/now/short-sell...225116743.html
You can find several articles on line about the 2015 fiasco, which I think still has the record for highest per-ticket average price.
[Reply]
lewdog 06:13 PM 01-30-2023
$1k a night to sleep in my guest room.

Holla if you want!
[Reply]
Page 3 of 4
< 123 4 >
Up