ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 8 of 9
« First < 45678 9 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Referee Ron Torbert's crew assigned to work Chiefs-Bengals game
Realbaddog 08:41 AM 01-27-2023
Oh great, almost as bad as Cheffers.

Ninth-year NFL referee Ron Torbert and his crew have been assigned as the officials for the AFC Championship Game between the Kansas City Chiefs and Cincinnati Bengals.

Torbert hasn’t officiated a Chiefs game this season, but fans will remember him from 2021, and not in a good way. He was an unscheduled white-hat substitution for John Hussey against the Bengals during their Week 17 regular-season loss. During that game, Torbert’s crew called 10 penalties for 83 yards against Kansas City. It was the second-most penalties the Chiefs had called against them in a single game that season.

If we’re only considering the 2022 NFL season as evidence, Torbert and his crew have been among the best in the league in terms of penalty volume. In 16 games officiated, their 172 penalties called are good for the fourth-fewest in the NFL. That said, once a penalty is called by Torbert’s crew, expect it to stand. Their 20 dismissed penalties are the second-fewest in the NFL this season. They’ve officiated fairly even on the home (89) and away (83) fronts so far this season.

As far as how this crew officiates, they’re definitely not a “let them play” crew and they almost always side with the offense. Torbert’s 17 defensive pass interference penalties tie for the second-most in the league this season. For comparison’s sake, they’ve only called four offensive pass interference penalties all year. The Chiefs lead the NFL in defensive pass interference penalties this season (14) while the Bengals are right around the league average (6). Basically, expect Ja’Marr Chase to continue to get away with pushing off and Chiefs defenders to be penalized for any contact downfield.

https://chiefswire.usatoday.com/2023...nnati-bengals/
[Reply]
Eleazar 09:58 AM 01-28-2023
Originally Posted by NJChiefsFan:
For some it's also about having someone to blame. They want to be angry at the refs after a game instead of depressed about a loss. It's less painful. Same thing with conspiracy. Easier to say you got screwed than to feel upset about a loss.
Yeah. We see this in... other areas of life in living color.

People would much rather choose to believe they were cheated than deal with the emotions associated with a loss.

Honesty brings with it responsibility, truth. Truth is seldom sweet; almost invariably bitter. Anger is much easier. Anger only ever confirms what we already believe about ourselves. Comfortable, lets us play the victim, makes us feel important.
[Reply]
WilliamTheIrish 10:26 AM 01-28-2023
Originally Posted by Razaele:
Yeah. We see this in... other areas of life in living color.

People would much rather choose to believe they were cheated than deal with the emotions associated with a loss.

Honesty brings with it responsibility, truth. Truth is seldom sweet; almost invariably bitter. Anger is much easier. Anger only ever confirms what we already believe about ourselves. Comfortable, lets us play the victim, makes us feel important.
But my IQ!!
[Reply]
WilliamTheIrish 10:30 AM 01-28-2023
Originally Posted by Wisconsin_Chief:
I have never once said the entire league is rigged or that most Chiefs' games involve officials who are actively trying to sabotage the team.

I just know a screw job when I see it, and I have seen it before from Torborg, so it's concerning he's reffing this game. I get concerned when I see Cheffers or Blakeman reffing as well. That's all.

I'm not expecting any issues based on what I've seen so far in the playoffs.
Originally Posted by Wisconsin_Chief:

This game is 100% rigged
https://www.work.chiefsplanet.com/BB...d#post16047218
[Reply]
straycash 11:04 AM 01-28-2023
Bwahahaha the sheep talking about others deflecting the truth, much ironic, hypocrisy at its finest. If it helps soothe the deep wounds, you aren't stupid just deeply indoctrinated.
[Reply]
Spott 10:18 PM 01-29-2023
Torbert’s crew is still a dumpster fire, but we survived.
[Reply]
Molitoth 10:26 PM 01-29-2023
hmmm I thought they did fine... I mean we didn't see Chris Jones strip sack, recover, and brace himself on the way down being called a Roughing the passer.
[Reply]
frozenchief 10:49 PM 01-29-2023
I still don’t get the “no play” on 3rd down and if I were Cincy, I’d be frosty. And I think the holding on Humphrey that nullified the 2nd TD that became a FG was bogus. But it was not nearly as bad as a Cheffers game.
[Reply]
Nightfyre 10:50 PM 01-29-2023
I believe that the Bengals fans have a legit gripe on the five down situation, other than that, the game was called pretty evenly
[Reply]
rfaulk34 10:53 PM 01-29-2023
Originally Posted by Nightfyre:
I believe that the Bengals fans have a legit gripe on the five down situation, other than that, the game was called pretty evenly
That drive didn't end up going anywhere but i'd prefer, in every game, that the refs had less of a presence so that no fans have reason to bitch about them.

I've always been a proponent of video refs but that's a discussion for another thread...
[Reply]
Chiefspants 10:56 PM 01-29-2023
Yep. Funnily enough, they were the benefactors of a similar play last year in the playoffs.

The refs blew a whistle in the endzone, the Raiders defense heard it -- and some quit playing when they did. The Bengals threw a touchdown, and the refs.... let it stand?

They really need to figure out what to do in this scenario -- it's been an issue in the playoffs two years in a row.
[Reply]
Bearcat 10:57 PM 01-29-2023
Yeah, and while the defensive hold right after was legit, that series of events was completely a moment of... holy shit, the Bengals are getting fucked.

Of course, the Chiefs didn't take advantage, so who cares.
[Reply]
Chiefspants 10:59 PM 01-29-2023
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
Yeah, and while the defensive hold right after was legit, that series of events was completely a moment of... holy shit, the Bengals are getting ****ed.

Of course, the Chiefs didn't take advantage, so who cares.
Yeah that's the main issue I have with the RIGGGED narrative I'm seeing all over Reddit and Twitter. Why call the holding that knocked us out of field goal range late in the fourth if the goal was to ensure Patrick get the win?

Feels like every dynasty contending team is just gonna have to deal with the RIGGGED narrative. Hell, we did it to Peyton's Broncos for years.
[Reply]
Eleazar 11:00 PM 01-29-2023
Can’t believe the NFL rigged the game against us! Eat **** pie Torbert!
[Reply]
notorious 11:01 PM 01-29-2023
They didn't have a good game today.

What was the 3rd down redo all about? We didn't benefit with points, but my lord.
[Reply]
Bearcat 11:02 PM 01-29-2023
Originally Posted by Chiefspants:
Yeah that's the main issue I have with the RIGGGED narrative I'm seeing all over Reddit and Twitter. Why call the holding that knocked us out of field goal range late in the fourth if the goal was to ensure Patrick get the win?

Feels like every dynasty contending team is just gonna have to deal with the RIGGGED narrative. Hell, we did it to Peyton's Broncos for years.
Yeah, I've tried to shove logic down that hole for too long.... it's just hilarious that so many here think it's all rigged against the Chiefs while fans of 31 other teams think it's all rigged for the Chiefs. :-)
[Reply]
Page 8 of 9
« First < 45678 9 >
Up