ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum>Any scenario where CHI keeps #1 pick?
GloucesterChief 03:53 PM 01-09-2023
I just don't see any. Bears need a lot of help on D and O line. Weapons are okay but Fields can't keep running it the way he does and expect to have a long career.

Who do you think trades up and grabs the pick?
[Reply]
kccrow 12:18 PM 01-10-2023
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
Yeah, definitely.

I'm interested to see which QB goes first. There are some rumblings starting from evaluators that Stroud is elevating...
More than likely. I think he's got a chance to be the top guy but he's going to take a couple of seasons to fully mature as a passer. I thought he should stay in school for another year.

I haven't watched the QBs a ton at the top to nitpick every variable but I think Levis would be my guy. He's got an NFL build, can make the throws, and if you clean up his reads I think he can be pretty good. He reminds me a bit of Josh Allen coming out.

Young would scare me a bit. I think he could be most pro-ready but he's easily the type of player you wonder about being the next Tua or RGIII. He's just built so small.

I'd easily take Hendon Hooker as well. He's more of the guy I think is much like Levis. He's got an NFL body and can make all of the throws. For him, I think he takes a bit longer getting the ball out at times.
[Reply]
Hoover 12:22 PM 01-10-2023
I'd fire Ballard if I was the Colts.

That franchise is a mess.
[Reply]
kccrow 12:39 PM 01-10-2023
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
They'd still be wise to leverage that pick.

Try to coax a 2 out of the Texans to move down a spot. Work the phones to convince them that Seattle is looking to get ahead of them to grab Stroud.

But yes, Will Anderson should be their guy.
Yeah, I think they could try but it's not something that usually happens. The price isn't historically steep for the team moving up, especially if you're going for a QB, but it's only happened 4 times in the NFL and not in the past 20 years.

In the end, you need to be in the top 5 and it's going to cost a 2nd or the equivalent thereof. That can also be the reason teams tend to stay at #1 and just get their guy. You're not going to get a king's ransom to move off of it.

2001: ATL to SD for 2001 1st #5, 2001 3rd #67, 2002 2nd, WR Tim Dwight
1997: LAR to NYJ for 1997 1st #6, 1997 3rd #67, 1997 4th #102, 1997 7th #201
1995: CIN to CAR for 1995 1st #5, 1995 2nd #38
1990: IND to ATL for 1990 5th #121, 1991 1st, OT Chris Hinton, WR Andre Rison and receive back 1990 4th #83 and conditional pick not exercised.
[Reply]
Buehler445 02:09 PM 01-10-2023
Originally Posted by Direckshun:
It's not about 2023.

It's not about 2024.

It's about the next 10 years. And you probably need a better QB for the job.

Fields has gotten the short end of the stick in Chicago, but teams know that. You can probably trade him for a couple nice picks and build around the QB you know gives you the best chance.

I'd trade him, and use to pick to take a QB.
It should be, but it is most certainly not. Ever.

Even here, where we have Mahomes, Reid doesn't have 10 years left, that puts him at 74, I don't think he lasts that long.

Veach? Hell there was an argument or two made that Veach should be fired last offseason. No chance he should be looking past more than 3 or 4 years. Dorsey got shitcanned after turning us around after the Scott Franchise Killer Pioli Days.

Who else?

A decade ago you could say Belicheat, but he's over 70 now and won't be around a decade. He sure as shit isn't going to do anything that will set him up for more than 2 years at most.

Newsome in Balt? Maybe.

The crew in Pitt? They're probably the closest.

Nobody else has any slack more than 1-3 years. Especially if shit gets heavy.

We all like to think that we should have a 10 year horizon, but everybody is looking out for #1. And why shouldn't they? Every single franchise has shown that nobody is working out their contract. You either get extended or fired.

The smart money is try to find something that you can do to win with Fields, or convince ownership they need someone new BEFORE you lose them and they want to shitcan your ass.

That's not what we'd like to think but that's the reality of the situation.
[Reply]
dlphg9 02:23 PM 01-10-2023
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Fields is a Lamar Jackson type QB that need a Lamar Jackson style of offense. If they keep him they’ve got to invest in a pass rusher.

They also need a LT badly bc as much as Braxton Jones has done, he isn’t a good LT. Probably need to move him to RT

And good ****ing God Ryan Poles has not started off well. Trading a 1st rd pick for Chase Claypool? With that QB? ****ing yikes
There are some advanced stats, as well as the eye test, that say the o line isn't close to as bad as Fields has made them look. Bears fans want to blame the offensive line, because they like Fields. Also no wants to blame there young QB that they spent a lot of resources on to get.
[Reply]
dlphg9 02:35 PM 01-10-2023
Fields is a Lamar Jackson type QB that need a Lamar Jackson style of offense. If they keep him they’ve got to invest in a pass rusher.

They also need a LT badly bc as much as Braxton Jones has done, he isn’t a good LT. Probably need to move him to RT

And good ****ing God Ryan Poles has not started off well. Trading a 1st rd pick for Chase Claypool? With that QB? ****ing yikes
Chase Claypool is a good WR. Can't blame the guy for wanting to try and surround his young QB with talent. Can't just not get your guy weapons cuz he runs. Turn it into a Baltimore situation.
[Reply]
kccrow 02:53 PM 01-10-2023

And good fucking God Ryan Poles has not started off well. Trading a 1st rd pick for Chase Claypool? With that QB? Fucking yikes
He traded a 2nd, not a 1st. Claypool is probably worth a 2nd round pick. To top it off, the Bears were 3-5 at the time of the trade and in dire need of a weapon.

The fact that it ended up being the top pick of the 2nd round and a de facto 1st because of the forfeited pick by Miami in round 1 and the fact that the Bears couldn't win another game the remainder of the season doesn't make Poles a complete idiot.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Up