ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum>Any scenario where CHI keeps #1 pick?
GloucesterChief 03:53 PM 01-09-2023
I just don't see any. Bears need a lot of help on D and O line. Weapons are okay but Fields can't keep running it the way he does and expect to have a long career.

Who do you think trades up and grabs the pick?
[Reply]
Direckshun 04:12 PM 01-09-2023
It's not about 2023.

It's not about 2024.

It's about the next 10 years. And you probably need a better QB for the job.

Fields has gotten the short end of the stick in Chicago, but teams know that. You can probably trade him for a couple nice picks and build around the QB you know gives you the best chance.

I'd trade him, and use to pick to take a QB.
[Reply]
GloucesterChief 04:57 PM 01-09-2023
Are you thinking Fields to say Baltimore then?
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 05:01 PM 01-09-2023
Originally Posted by Direckshun:
It's not about 2023.

It's not about 2024.

It's about the next 10 years. And you probably need a better QB for the job.

Fields has gotten the short end of the stick in Chicago, but teams know that. You can probably trade him for a couple nice picks and build around the QB you know gives you the best chance.

I'd trade him, and use to pick to take a QB.
I don't think Stroud is an obviously safer/better bet than Fields.

Different, more conventional, yes. But any more likely to be a championship caliber passer? Eh...probably not. And you'd take a solid beating on a Fields deal; I think you'd be lucky to get a 2 this year and a 3 next for him given that 2 years of his rookie contract are already used up.

You'd get more than that by simply moving from the 1 spot to the 2 (presuming you can convince the Texans that you have a deal to move someone PAST them for Stroud).

I don't see an obvious 1.1 quarterback in this draft.
[Reply]
Shoes 06:14 PM 01-09-2023
I think Indy/Seattle (#4 & #5) is an interesting dynamic in regards to two teams who are likely in the market for a quarterback, that could potentially trade up. Would still give Chicago the ability to draft an elite player. It would go against what Seattle has done historically in regards to how they approach the draft, but since they drafted so well last season and have the extra picks, maybe they’d splurge this year and take their #1 QB on their draft board.. With Chicago wasting a high 2nd on the Claypool trade, I think they’ll be motivated to trade down.

As DJ said though, which QB you are drafting is a big question. Gotta really fall in love with one of these QB’s to justify the cost.
[Reply]
chiefforlife 07:32 PM 01-09-2023
1. Chicago Bears (3-14)

2. Houston Texans (3-13-1)

3. Arizona Cardinals (4-13)

4. Indianapolis Colts (4-12-1)

5. Seattle Seahawks, via the Denver Broncos (5-12)

6. Detroit Lions, via the Los Angeles Rams (5-12)

7. Las Vegas Raiders (6-11)

8. Atlanta Falcons (7-10)

9. Carolina Panthers (7-10)

10. Philadelphia Eagles, via the New Orleans Saints (7-10)

11. Tennessee Titans (7-10)

12. Houston Texas, via the Cleveland Browns (7-10)

13. New York Jets (7-10)

14. New England Patriots (8-9)

15. Green Bay Packers (8-9)

16. Washington Commanders (8-8-1)

17. Pittsburgh Steelers (9-8)

18. Detroit Lions (9-8)

For sure no QB Eagles, Steelers

Probably no QB Bears, Cardinals, Patriots, Lions

Everyone else on that list needs a QB. Only two for sure do not.

Hopefully that pushes a lot of quality down to us.
[Reply]
kccrow 10:08 PM 01-09-2023
If they think Fields is their guy then they still have every reason in the world to stay at #1 and grab Will Anderson. It's literally a no-brainer.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 10:24 PM 01-09-2023
Originally Posted by kccrow:
If they think Fields is their guy then they still have every reason in the world to stay at #1 and grab Will Anderson. It's literally a no-brainer.
Yeah, definitely.

I'm interested to see which QB goes first. There are some rumblings starting from evaluators that Stroud is elevating...
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:32 PM 01-09-2023
They'd still be wise to leverage that pick.

Try to coax a 2 out of the Texans to move down a spot. Work the phones to convince them that Seattle is looking to get ahead of them to grab Stroud.

But yes, Will Anderson should be their guy.
[Reply]
Dull Tools 04:41 AM 01-10-2023
I would say definitely Will Anderson but they have basically a blank roster and need everything. They need to bolster out the roster.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 06:44 AM 01-10-2023
Why is taking the best non-QB not an option?

Of course they should see what's offered but they don't have to trade down unless the offer is huge.
[Reply]
O.city 09:13 AM 01-10-2023
I'd trade Fields and draft a QB that can throw the football
[Reply]
Shoes 09:56 AM 01-10-2023
I think Jalen Carter vs Will Anderson is a tough decision. Jalen Carter is one helluva athlete.
[Reply]
RunKC 09:57 AM 01-10-2023
Fields is a Lamar Jackson type QB that need a Lamar Jackson style of offense. If they keep him they’ve got to invest in a pass rusher.

They also need a LT badly bc as much as Braxton Jones has done, he isn’t a good LT. Probably need to move him to RT

And good fucking God Ryan Poles has not started off well. Trading a 1st rd pick for Chase Claypool? With that QB? Fucking yikes
[Reply]
The Franchise 11:59 AM 01-10-2023

Asked if there is a QB at the top of the draft they want, would he give up heaven and earth to trade up and get him?

Ballard: "Yes. I’d do whatever it takes."

— Zak Keefer (@zkeefer) January 10, 2023

[Reply]
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Up