ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 4 of 11
< 1234 5678 > Last »
Media Center>Movies or TV Shows you've NEVER watched but everyone else has
scho63 02:37 PM 01-06-2023
A short time ago someone was asking about watching shows and when I told them, "no I've never watched that", they were apoplectic as if I had just killed their kid. It stunned them.

The movie was "It's a Wonderful Life." I have nothing against it and I watch plenty of black and white movies but I have never had a desire.

It made me think of others and what blockbusters people have assumed you watched. ( I can say 99% of the people who never saw the Godfather are women)

It's probably grown a lot since of all the streaming shows now for people who don't have certain subscriptions.

Some others that quickly come to mind:
1. Game of Thrones
2. The Walking Dead
3. All the Harry Potter franchise
4. Citizen Kane except small parts-didn't interest me
5. Gone with the Wind
6. Breaking Bad or Better Call Saul (However I plan to eventually binge both)
7. Vampire related movies after "The Lost Boys"
8. Schindler's List
9. Saving Private Ryan
[Reply]
TinyEvel 02:21 PM 01-09-2023
Lord of the Rings series.
All Marvel movies except for Iron man.
Top Gun.
Meatballs.
Stripes.
Cheers.
Miami Vice.
Law and Order.
Any "Chicago" TV drama crap (Chicago hope, Chicago PD, Chicago fire. Probably the most popular and most garbage/cheesy fifteen minutes of TV I tried to watch in a long time. After a few minutes I thought it was a parody show like Reno 911.)

Pretty sure there's plenty more. I think for me, if something is mainstream and popular, I just have an aversion to it. Like, I'll never be able to match the fanboyism already out there so I for too reject it.

Same with bands. I dated a Girl into the Grateful Dead who wanted me to go to a dead show with her and I was like "nope."

Thankfully, I came around on Breaking Bad and Game of Thrones. Love both.
[Reply]
blake5676 02:36 PM 01-09-2023
Originally Posted by BigBeauford:
Ooofff, you picked the wrong one. Star Trek Strange New Worlds is terrific.

I am on the struggle bus trying to get through the 2nd season. It's a total slog for me so far.
Pretty common response for most people. At least on first viewing. It's an abrupt shift of focus with all new characters and the people/story from Season 1 going to the backburner, temporarily. If you can't tell by my profile pic, it's my favorite season :-)
[Reply]
DJJasonp 02:45 PM 01-09-2023
I've never seen Shawshank Redemption.

(backs out of the room quietly.........)
[Reply]
BigBeauford 02:52 PM 01-09-2023
Fuck it I'll say it:

Harry Potter Movies > Star Wars Movies
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 03:25 PM 01-09-2023
The Sopranos
The Wire
The Shield
Sons of Anarchy

I really think I'd like The Sopranos and probably The Wire. But man, it's just awfully tough to get yourself into an hour long show.
[Reply]
BigBeauford 03:33 PM 01-09-2023
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
The Sopranos
The Wire
The Shield
Sons of Anarchy

I really think I'd like The Sopranos and probably The Wire. But man, it's just awfully tough to get yourself into an hour long show.
The Shield is so much more fun to watch than the rest of those shows.
[Reply]
Easy 6 04:49 PM 01-09-2023
Originally Posted by blake5676:
Highly entertaining show. I certainly understand it's appeal and ranking in modern television lore but I've never considered it one of my favorite shows ever. Maybe sneaking into my top 10.
My son keeps pushing me to watch it On Demand, but its so old I highly doubt AMC even carries it anymore... heard a lot of great things about it from him and numerous other people
[Reply]
ThaVirus 05:13 PM 01-09-2023
The Sopranos
The Wire
The Shield
Sons of Anarchy

I understand what you’re saying but those hour-long episodes once you’re hooked are like crack.

The Wire and The Sopranos would both likely crack my top 5 favorite TV shows of all time.
[Reply]
Bowser 10:00 PM 01-09-2023
The Sopranos
The Wire
The Shield
Sons of Anarchy

I couldn't get into SoA either, even if Katey Sagal tripped my trigger in that show (as well as Maggie Siff).

Listen to me here - you need to give The Shield a go. It's been a few years since I've watched it, and I'd be willing to bet it's a touch dated now, but you have to do this. So, so worth it.
[Reply]
DJJasonp 10:12 AM 01-10-2023
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
I understand what you’re saying but those hour-long episodes once you’re hooked are like crack.

The Wire and The Sopranos would both likely crack my top 5 favorite TV shows of all time.
The Wire is my #1, with Sopranos a close 2nd.

As others have said, you gotta get through the first 4-5 episodes of The Wire to get a feel for who everyone is.....lots of characters followed throughout that series.
[Reply]
ModSocks 03:29 PM 01-10-2023
The Sopranos
The Wire
The Shield
Sons of Anarchy

That's funny. I went through this thread looking for people i could identify with and this is the only post.

I haven't seen a single one of these shows, yet ive seen nearly all of what everyone else has mentioned.
[Reply]
Buehler445 04:26 PM 01-10-2023
The Sopranos
The Wire
The Shield
Sons of Anarchy

I couldn't get into SOA, I should probably give it another try, but I struggled.

Didn't get into the shield.

But seriously, do the Wire. You'll laugh at some of the technology, but the interest isn't in the procedural, it is the story, and it might be one of the best TV shows ever.

Sopranos I only watched 2 years ago, and once I got engaged I was all in. But trying to see the thing objectively, if I didn't consume it, I would have lived a lesser life, but it didn't carry nearly the weight or power that The Wire did.

I'd recommend both, but if you only do 1, I'll die on the hill of the Wire.
[Reply]
Pablo 06:33 PM 01-10-2023
I've never watched a full Star Wars movie and I never will if I can help it. Don't care about space queer stuff and honestly the huge fans are such losers I've got no interest in being part of the club.

No to SOA or Yellowstone because I don't care about biker or yeehaw soap operas.

Those are the only big, big ones in this thread that I know of.
[Reply]
srvy 06:54 PM 01-10-2023
The Sopranos
The Wire
The Shield
Sons of Anarchy

Never saw The Wire or The Sheild probably never will not because they aren't good but because its old dated TV.

Seen some of the first seasons of Sopranos gave it up. Network 1 hour TV with too many commercials.

Tried to like Sons of Anarchy but the head of the Anarchy gang every time I saw him I saw the beast from that stupid show Beauty and the Beast. Couldn't take it seriously.
[Reply]
Buehler445 07:08 PM 01-10-2023
Originally Posted by srvy:
Never saw The Wire or The Sheild probably never will not because they aren't good but because its old dated TV.

Seen some of the first seasons of Sopranos gave it up. Network 1 hour TV with too many commercials.

Tried to like Sons of Anarchy but the head of the Anarchy gang every time I saw him I saw the beast from that stupid show Beauty and the Beast. Couldn't take it seriously.
:-) Sopranos was/is on HBO/HBO Max. No commercials.

Give the wire a look. It’s not about the procedure, it’s about the story. Sure some of the wiretap technology is out of date but who cares? That’s like saying the drapes in Citizen Kane are out of date. Not worth watching. Just watch it. Interestingly the same dudes made a limited series called We Own This City which has an incredibly similar feel about the corruption in policing in Baltimore. That is a true story the Wire is not, but it just as well be a sequel. The Wire is really good.
[Reply]
Page 4 of 11
< 1234 5678 > Last »
Up