ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 4 of 8
< 1234 5678 >
Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum>Potential free agent signings
O.city 02:48 PM 12-31-2022
I think we can narrow our potential free agent signings this off-season to guys coming off rookie deals in the 24,25,26 year old range, based on the past few years

That’s the sweet spot

So who’s in that area?
[Reply]
O.city 07:55 AM 01-18-2023
He's played the whole year shitty
[Reply]
kccrow 08:26 AM 01-18-2023
I've really narrowed my wishlist to 3 players.

1. DT Javon Hargrave. He's the difference-maker at NT this team lacks and would be an absolute terror next to Chris Jones in the same way he was next to Fletcher Cox.

2. DE Marcus Davenport. I think the best is yet to come and he's a late bloomer. Last year was a glimpse at what he can do. If you harness that, you have legit bookends for years.

3. WR Darius Slayton. All he does is produce when he's got the chance and he's a guy that can make big-time plays down the field for you with 4.39 speed. He's not a shrimp either at 6'1" 195. He's very Maclin-esque to me in terms of a Reid fit. Like Maclin, year 5 could be when he finally breaks the 1k mark and becomes a true #1.

Go get those fellas then focus your draft on beefing up the tackle spots.

I'm looking hard at Anton Harrison in Round 1. Maybe you can get a guy like Luke Haggard in 3. That lets you move in 2 for a speedy DE prospect or another DT.
[Reply]
O.city 09:10 AM 01-18-2023
I really like your 2 and 3 options.

Hargrave is a bit older than I'd like.
[Reply]
Direckshun 09:57 AM 01-18-2023
Originally Posted by O.city:
I really like your 2 and 3 options.

Hargrave is a bit older than I'd like.
Ideally, that would save you cap room.

Moneyball, baby.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 09:58 AM 01-18-2023
Originally Posted by kccrow:

1. DT Javon Hargrave. He's the difference-maker at NT this team lacks and would be an absolute terror next to Chris Jones in the same way he was next to Fletcher Cox.

2. DE Marcus Davenport. I think the best is yet to come and he's a late bloomer. Last year was a glimpse at what he can do. If you harness that, you have legit bookends for years.

3. WR Darius Slayton. All he does is produce when he's got the chance and he's a guy that can make big-time plays down the field for you with 4.39 speed. He's not a shrimp either at 6'1" 195. He's very Maclin-esque to me in terms of a Reid fit. Like Maclin, year 5 could be when he finally breaks the 1k mark and becomes a true #1.

I'm looking hard at Anton Harrison in Round 1. Maybe you can get a guy like Luke Haggard in 3. That lets you move in 2 for a speedy DE prospect or another DT.
Sign me up for that, I think.
[Reply]
O.city 10:25 AM 01-18-2023
Originally Posted by Direckshun:
Ideally, that would save you cap room.

Moneyball, baby.
I'm not into giving defensive lineman their 3rd contract. That seems to usually not go well.
[Reply]
JPH83 12:57 PM 01-18-2023
I'm all about Davenport. If we could afford Hargrave, awesome. Slayton I'm OK with but I guess I don't see as much potential upside. Bet someone pays silly money for him.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 01:29 PM 01-18-2023
He's played the whole year shitty
:-) I'll bet you've watched like 2 games all year
[Reply]
Titty Meat 01:32 PM 01-18-2023

Slayton is explosive but he also drops alot of balls. Given the market for what WRs make I'd rather draft one
[Reply]
O.city 02:09 PM 01-18-2023
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
:-) I'll bet you've watched like 2 games all year
Yeah, haven't watched the 9ers at all. Got me.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 02:27 PM 01-18-2023
Yeah, haven't watched the 9ers at all. Got me.
You probably want to trade for a RT. He's an elite run blocker average pass blocker that's not going to break the bank and is an upgrade over Wylie. He's viewed so negatively because of where he was drafted which is irrelevant.
[Reply]
poolboy 02:50 PM 01-18-2023
silly money for Slayton or JuJu?
I would love to see Ju in our offense with a year of continuity under his belt
[Reply]
RunKC 02:57 PM 01-18-2023

I think all those guys are gonna get overpaid big time
[Reply]
O.city 03:08 PM 01-18-2023
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
You probably want to trade for a RT. He's an elite run blocker average pass blocker that's not going to break the bank and is an upgrade over Wylie. He's viewed so negatively because of where he was drafted which is irrelevant.
Why would you want to pay a guy liek that when you could just draft one for alot cheaper?
[Reply]
Titty Meat 04:21 PM 01-18-2023
Why would you want to pay a guy liek that when you could just draft one for alot cheaper?
Aside from the year Fisher played RT & Niang for a few games have we done that during Reids tenure?
[Reply]
Page 4 of 8
< 1234 5678 >
Up