ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1 of 8
1 2345 > Last »
Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum>Potential free agent signings
O.city 02:48 PM 12-31-2022
I think we can narrow our potential free agent signings this off-season to guys coming off rookie deals in the 24,25,26 year old range, based on the past few years

That’s the sweet spot

So who’s in that area?
[Reply]
kccrow 05:04 PM 12-31-2022
Notables to me:

CB/NB Byron Murphy (ARZ)
FS Jessie Bates III (CIN)
FS Nasir Adderley (LAC)
FS Chauncey Gardner-Johnson (PHI)
SS Terrell Edmonds (PIT)
SS Taylor Rapp (LAR)
SS DeShon Elliott (DET)
DT Dre'Mont Jones (DEN)
DT Zach Allen (ARZ)
DE Rasheem Green (HOU)
DE Charles Omenihu (SF)
DE Clelin Ferrell (LV)
RG Conner McGovern (DAL)
RT Jawaan Taylor (JAX)
TE Foster Moreau (LV)
WR Darius Slayton (NYG)
WR Parris Campbell (IND)
RB Josh Jacobs (LV)
RB Saquon Barkley (NYG)
RB Miles Sanders (PHI)
RB David Montgomery (CHI)
RB Devin Singletary (BUF)
RB Darrell Henderson (JAX)
RB Damien Harris (NE)
RB Tony Pollard (DAL)
[Reply]
Chris Meck 05:28 PM 12-31-2022
I would totally give Ferrell and/or Omenihu a cheap deal.

Ferrell can't possibly be that bad.

Slayton or Campbell possibly for filling WR spots.

Is Jawaan Taylor any good?
[Reply]
Chris Meck 05:31 PM 12-31-2022
In fact, I'd just about bet anything that Veach signs Ferrell. I mean, that's a Veach reclamation special that's tailor made. If you go from his scouting reports, he's a prototype Spags DE. Seemed like a great kid coming out, too. I have no earthly idea why he flopped.
[Reply]
O.city 09:50 PM 12-31-2022
Jawan Taylor would be nice
[Reply]
OKchiefs 06:37 PM 01-01-2023
God this is a shit FA class. I’d sign some of our own, get a few budget FA, and blow our load in 2024 with a better FA class.
[Reply]
RunKC 09:15 AM 01-02-2023
I would be ecstatic if we got Chauncey Gardner-Johnson
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 09:50 AM 01-02-2023
I was a lot more excited about this class before Jenkins and Conklin extended with their current teams. Sigh.

Clelin Ferrell seems like an inevitable addition for the Chiefs, so go ahead and mark that up.

Adding some secondary depth is probably a good idea. Da'Ron Payne still interests me if he makes it out of Washington. Zach Allen is someone who has caught my eye, too.

Andre Dillard, too. Crow has me panting after the guy.
[Reply]
kccrow 12:31 PM 01-02-2023
Jawaan Taylor had a lot of growth this year and played quite well. I think he's a guy you could go after and feel good about continuing to improve. I probably would have said hard pass before this year.

Jacksonville isn't in a great spot with the cap this offseason so tagging him is pretty much out of the question. It's not "impossible," but after cutting Roy Robertson-Harris to get above the cap, they're probably looking at losing half their secondary if they want to make any serious room, including trading or cutting Shaq Griffen, Rayshawn Jenkins, and Darious Williams (Williams first, for sure). For an ascending RT, he might want to test the market knowing his team might not offer as big of a deal.

The other guy that really piques my interest is Darius Slayton. I've been yammering on about him for two seasons now hoping he'd be a trade candidate. If KC doesn't re-sign JuJu, this is the guy I want more than anyone else at the WR position in the offseason.

There are guys I'd love to have like Dre'Mont Jones, Tony Pollard, Da'Ron Payne, and Jessie Bates, but those are pipe dreams more than likely. Jones is a guy I see as a "bargain" replacement for Chris Jones in a trade scenario but probably isn't a realistic addition to Chris. Bates is a guy that could very well reset the market at safety, and he should. Pollard would be phenomenal with his ability to produce on a whim without having to get a huge feel for the game flow with touches but he's probably going to be in that top tier of pay at RB, at least 12m per, because someone is going to pay him well to be a feature back. Payne is going to cost quite a bit but would be pretty phenomenal next to Chris Jones. The idea there would likely end up that you're not extending Jones and letting him walk next year though if you go after Payne. Seems to me that trading Jones would still be a good idea now then.

Ferrell is a guy I'd like on a vet min prove-it deal and nothing more.

Aside from that, most of the guys I have my eyes on are 27 or 28.
[Reply]
Urc Burry 02:11 PM 01-02-2023
The most obvious to me is Javon Hargrave. The eagles seem to be pretty tight as a locker room, and usually keep their own. So there’s a solid chance he doesn’t hit the market. But THAT is the perfect Chris Jones compliment. 11 sacks on the season btw
[Reply]
mkp785 02:23 PM 01-02-2023
I wanna see us talk JJ Watt out of retirement. Him, Jones and 2nd year George would give us a fantastic pas rush.
[Reply]
O.city 09:38 AM 01-10-2023
Zach Allen seems like a real nice signing here.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:42 AM 01-10-2023
Originally Posted by O.city:
Zach Allen seems like a real nice signing here.
I like Allen but he's essentially another Karlaftis. I don't see him as that speed rush complement we really need.

Allen would be really more of a Dunlap replacement and frankly he may be better suited as a 3-tech in an odd front anyway. Good player but not the right player, IMO.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:43 AM 01-10-2023
Originally Posted by O.city:
Jawan Taylor would be nice
I've been after Taylor for about 6-8 weeks now.

Yeah, he'd be an awfully nice fit. I think he can make the move to LT if necessary as well.
[Reply]
O.city 10:45 AM 01-10-2023
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
I like Allen but he's essentially another Karlaftis. I don't see him as that speed rush complement we really need.

Allen would be really more of a Dunlap replacement and frankly he may be better suited as a 3-tech in an odd front anyway. Good player but not the right player, IMO.
We had this same talk about Reddick last year.

Sign him and figure it out. Good players are good players.
[Reply]
Page 1 of 8
1 2345 > Last »
Up