ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 4 of 9
< 1234 5678 > Last »
Media Center>Glass Onion: A Knives Out Mystery
RunKC 10:24 AM 12-24-2022
Just dropped on Netflix yesterday after being in theatres since last month.

Anyone else enjoy this movie? I thought Knives Out was a solid enjoyable film. This one was fun for me too.

Thoughts?
[Reply]
staylor26 07:32 PM 12-27-2022
Originally Posted by KC_Connection:
Making up rules to restrict speech and banning accounts on a whim when he got upset was a good start in that regard? :-)
Are you really going to be this disingenuous?

It was an emotional reaction to his family being harassed/attacked after he was doxxed.

I don't necessarily agree with it, but I'm also not going to pretend that he just "got upset" for no particularly good reason.

I also think doxxing is one of those borderline things that shouldn't just be tolerated all the time. It's a difficult issue that I'm sure Elon realized could be dangerous after experiencing it first hand.

That's a far cry from say banning the fucking President.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 07:32 PM 12-27-2022
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Which coincides with every single other leftist turning on him over that same time span.

Just a coincidence though, right?
I would think many more people than just "leftists" turned on him in the same timespan. I'd imagine anybody with half a brain did when they realized what he was.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 07:36 PM 12-27-2022
Are you really going to be this disingenuous?

It was an emotional reaction to his family being harassed/attacked after he was doxxed.

I don't necessarily agree with it, but I'm also not going to pretend that he just "got upset" for no particularly good reason.
Or the accounts that he banned for making fun/parodying him. I'm sure there was a good reason for that too. :-)

Turns out it isn't so easy to be a "free speech absolutist" when the speech is about you.
[Reply]
staylor26 07:38 PM 12-27-2022
I would think many more people than just "leftists" turned on him in the same timespan. I'd imagine anybody with half a brain did when they realized what he was.
:-)

No, not everybody is a fucking NPC like yourself.

And holy shit "realized what he was". What a fucking drama queen.

Meanwhile, you give zero fucks about your idol Lebron James literally trying to ruin a police officer's life after saving a 16 year old girl from being stabbed. Then refusing to take any sort of accountability for his knee jerk reaction.

But yea what Elon has done recently is just SO much worse.

Like I said, you're a waste of time and a blatant NPC. You should honestly never be taken seriously.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 07:39 PM 12-27-2022
:-)

No, not everybody is a fucking NPC like yourself.

And holy shit "realized what he was". What a fucking drama queen.

Meanwhile, you give zero fucks about your idol Lebron James literally trying to ruin a police officer's life after saving a 16 year old girl.

But yea what Elon did was just SO much worse.

Like I said, you're a waste of time and a blatant NPC.
The posts of a man allegedly "indifferent" about Elon Musk. :-)
[Reply]
staylor26 07:42 PM 12-27-2022
The posts of a man allegedly "indifferent" about Elon Musk. :-)
Yea nice way to deflect from your own blatant hypocrisy. I've clearly demonstrated that I have zero issue with criticism for Musk if it's actually genuine and morally consistent.

"Elon Musk bad"

"Lebron James good"

You clearly have no moral compass whatsoever if you can hold these two thoughts.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 07:45 PM 12-27-2022
Yea nice way to deflect from your own blatant hypocrisy.

"Elon Musk bad"

"Lebron James good"

You clearly have no moral compass whatsoever.
Never said Elon Musk was bad (except at running Twitter) or LeBron James was good (except at basketball). I called Elon Musk an idiot. You got triggered and spent hours raging about it.
[Reply]
staylor26 07:50 PM 12-27-2022
Never said Elon Musk was bad (except at running Twitter) or LeBron James was good (except at basketball). I called Elon Musk an idiot. You got triggered and spent hours raging about it.
You literally just said that you'd imagine anybody with half a brain turned on him when they realized what he was you fucking drama queen. Why would people turn on somebody for just being "bad at running Twitter"?

And I absolutely remember you defending Lebron's actions with that police officer and pretending that his fake ass apology (not to the officer) was sufficient.

You're a typical clown with no values or principles.

The worst of the worst.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 07:53 PM 12-27-2022
You literally just said that you'd imagine anybody with half a brain turned on him when they realized what he was you fucking drama queen. Why would people turn on somebody for just being "bad at running Twitter"?
Turn on him in the sense that they realized he was an idiot. Which he is no matter how much it hurts you to have people say it.
[Reply]
staylor26 07:57 PM 12-27-2022
Turn on him in the sense that they realized he was an idiot. Which he is no matter how much it hurts you to have people say it.
Realized he was an idiot = pissed off the media and those on my side of the aisle
[Reply]
KC_Connection 07:59 PM 12-27-2022
Realized he was an idiot = pissed off the media and those on my side of the aisle
If you choose to ignore all the objectively stupid things he's done and said, I can see why you might think that way.
[Reply]
staylor26 08:08 PM 12-27-2022
If you choose to ignore all the objectively stupid things he's done and said, I can see why you might think that way.
Funny how the guy has been everywhere from Twitter to talking to Joe Rogan for like 3 straight hours long before all of this, and he conveniently got exposed for being stupid "over the last year an in particular the last few months".

Awfully convenient, especially coming from a leftist.

You no longer like the guy, because you were told not to. Everything else is just BS.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 08:17 PM 12-27-2022
Funny how the guy has been everywhere from Twitter to talking to Joe Rogan for like 3 straight hours long before all of this, and he conveniently got exposed for being stupid "over the last year an in particular the last few months".

Awfully convenient, especially coming from a leftist.
Oh, I don't think it was convenient from Elon's perspective at all (especially as much as he seems to want to be liked by everyone). There were always signs this was what he was dating back to his trying to insert himself in that Thai rescue, but he's removed all doubt with his conduct in 2022.

Originally Posted by :
You no longer like the guy, because you were told not to. Everything else is just BS.
This assumes that I ever liked the guy or disliked the guy. I'm not sure I even dislike him now, but I do think he's an idiot.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 08:48 PM 12-27-2022
And I absolutely remember you defending Lebron's actions with that police officer and pretending that his fake ass apology (not to the officer) was sufficient.
I know this was misdirection on your part in service of defending Elon, but I did go back and look up that thread because my memory of it was foggy at best and your characterization of it did not seem accurate.

Wake me up when KD does anything remotely close to this:

That was the cop shooting from a while back where the guy shot the girl with the knife. As it does, social media ran wild for about an hour or two on that before the video came out and the facts of the situation were fully known. LeBron jumped on board that wave at the time without fully knowing the facts. An irresponsible tweet for sure, but nothing entirely unusual in the grand scheme of things.
I don't disagree, but I can also understand the initial reaction given the climate in the country.

He deleted it, though, once he had a fuller understanding of the facts (and likely saw the video). That was the responsible thing to do. Shit, that makes him better than most of the politicians in that country (who will keep pushing false narratives no matter how many facts get in their way).
Oh, I'd disagree. I saw plenty of people still railing on that cop even after the video was released. In this day and age, people will generally push whatever narrative they want to push for their agenda regardless of video evidence, especially on social media where there is such pressure to be "woke". It seems like LeBron hasn't quite reached that level of crazy yet.
See what I mean? LeBron is more reasonable than you give him credit for. He clearly realized the situation for what it was when he saw the video. He got caught up in the social media mob for a few minutes, but that doesn't make him an awful person.
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
He wasn't going to create a George Floyd situation with one tweet, dude. I didn't even hear about this shit until you posted it. I heard nothing about it in this thread nor on sports media.

He's a guy with a platform, but he's not a general with a goddamn army. I guess believe what you want to believe, but I think your Lebron hate is blinding you into thinking he's fucking Hitler capable of "ruining a guy's life" with a tweet.

And I don't want this to get political, because you and I may disagree with it, but black people are looking out for each other on these shootings these days, man. It's a really emotional issue. Getting emotional like that and sending out a tweet demanding justice when he hears about something doesn't make him a piece of shit. And yes, I would grant KD that same flexibility.

Are there any other things you hate about Lebron? Surely his level of douchebaggery doesn't surpass KD because you believe one incident sent him over the top. This is years and years of hatred for Lebron that you've built up, so let's put it all out on the table.

KD is still way more of a douche for his behavior. The burner account thing isn't "weird" like you're softening it up to be. It's fucking pathetic. He's a stupid child. The Golden State move tops Lebron moving to Miami by a good amount. This Jackie Macmullen thing? Yeah, you can call that weird if you want, I guess, but it's more behavior that illustrates what a childish asshole KD actually is.

https://chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthre...ebron&page=128

Sure enough, I was correct. I did not defend LeBron's initial tweet about the cop. In fact, I called it irresponsible. I just wasn't willing to call him an awful person because of it, which in your standard obsession with LeBron, you were doing.
[Reply]
staylor26 08:54 PM 12-27-2022
"An irresponsible tweet for sure, but nothing entirely unusual in the grand scheme of things"

Wow man, that's some serious condemnation there!

You forgot this one (in response to his non-apology):

Yeah I probably would have come up with a better excuse than that, but hey, he's LeBron James. He's not apologizing over a tweet.
It was just a tweet!

Where he literally posted a pic of the cop and said "you're next". Not to mention the irony "#ACCOUNTABILITY". When he showed none whatsoever with his follow up tweet.

You're such a disingenuous cocksucker.

You did your absolute best to make excuses and downplay what he did. You saying it was "irresponsible" was an understatement, and pretending that Lebron is just some regular person that "jumped aboard that wave" like he doesn't have a huge platform (which requires a certain amount of responsibility) is a fucking joke.
[Reply]
Page 4 of 9
< 1234 5678 > Last »
Up