ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1 of 9
1 2345 > Last »
Media Center>Glass Onion: A Knives Out Mystery
RunKC 10:24 AM 12-24-2022
Just dropped on Netflix yesterday after being in theatres since last month.

Anyone else enjoy this movie? I thought Knives Out was a solid enjoyable film. This one was fun for me too.

Thoughts?
[Reply]
ChiliConCarnage 11:53 AM 12-24-2022
I enjoyed it. I didn't think the ending was nearly as good
[Reply]
Urc Burry 02:03 PM 12-24-2022
Really liked it. Probably not quite as good as the original for me, but nothing wrong with that
[Reply]
SithCeNtZ 12:16 PM 12-25-2022
It had some funny lines and set pieces, but I thought the mystery of who did it was incredibly easy to solve. The ending was also over the top and didn't make much sense. I wouldn't watch it again but I don't regret having watched it either.
[Reply]
BigBeauford 11:45 PM 12-25-2022
It's a real shame this dude absolutely must shove in bits about culture war and politics into everything he does, because it mars what would be an otherwise great movie.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 11:47 PM 12-25-2022
Originally Posted by BigBeauford:
It's a real shame this dude absolutely must shove in bits about culture war and politics into everything he does, because it mars what would be an otherwise great movie.
I found it amusing it that he wrote it long before Elon Musk exposed himself to be a total idiot the past year (and particularly the past few months).
[Reply]
BigBeauford 09:13 AM 12-26-2022
Originally Posted by KC_Connection:
I found it amusing it that he wrote it long before Elon Musk exposed himself to be a total idiot the past year (and particularly the past few months).
It's all just too in the nose, and the post-modernism just oozes out of this film. Most of these tropes are going to be meaningless to audiences in 5+ years.
[Reply]
staylor26 10:17 AM 12-26-2022
Spoken like a true NPC.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 02:05 PM 12-26-2022
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Spoken like a true NPC.
I have no idea what this means, but he hasn't? He got stuck buying Twitter for a ridiculously overinflated price after getting sued to fulfill his contract and now embarrasses himself daily on the platform he owns, literally doing everything that he accused the previous administration of doing despite being a "free speech absolutist."

This movie may not have been written based on Elon Musk, but it certainly feels like it now.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 02:09 PM 12-26-2022
It's all just too in the nose, and the post-modernism just oozes out of this film. Most of these tropes are going to be meaningless to audiences in 5+ years.
Well that's fair if the question is whether this movie has any staying power in the public consciousness.

I'm still not actually sure it is a good movie myself, but it entertains very well until the conclusion where I think he just sort of couldn't quite out how to end it.
[Reply]
Chiefspants 02:46 PM 12-26-2022
I have no idea what this means, but he hasn't? He got stuck buying Twitter for a ridiculously overinflated price after getting sued to fulfill his contract and now embarrasses himself daily on the platform he owns, literally doing everything that he accused the previous administration of doing despite being a "free speech absolutist."

This movie may not have been written based on Elon Musk, but it certainly feels like it now.
The real damage Elon has done is to Tesla. That stock has fallen 70% in one year. Not due to anything the company is doing, but because Elon is selling his stocks there to prop up Twitter.
[Reply]
Vladimir_Kyrilytch 03:02 PM 12-26-2022
He doesnt merely "shove in bits" about that stuff. It's the whole purpose of the thing in general. He makes movies to reinforce that white straight men are the boogieman of life. I'm shocked you got anything out of it at all.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 03:05 PM 12-26-2022
Originally Posted by Chiefspants:
The real damage Elon has done is to Tesla. That stock has fallen 70% in one year. Not due to anything the company is doing, but because Elon is selling his stocks there to prop up Twitter.
Yes and a lot of that's a by-product of his getting involved with Twitter for no good reason.
[Reply]
KCUnited 03:48 PM 12-26-2022
Originally Posted by Chiefspants:
Stock was way overvalued (possibly due to Elon worship!) and has now corrected like a bunch of others. Hard to assign a singular cause.
[Reply]
Zebedee DuBois 04:03 PM 12-26-2022
Basically, Hercule Poirot revised for current times.

An entertaining watch.
[Reply]
Nickhead 12-26-2022, 04:05 PM
This message has been deleted by Nickhead.
Page 1 of 9
1 2345 > Last »
Up