ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 9 of 10
« First < 56789 10 >
Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum>Jones...keep or get a haul?
Chris Meck 07:38 AM 12-05-2022
I'm just going to put this here.

But I see a lot of parallels to the Hill situation. Unquestionably elite player surrounded by JAGs. Potential huge haul in draft capital as well as salary cap relief.

Jones plus whatever dudes isn't getting it done. We won't be drafting in position to properly re-stock LT or DE if we keep him, and we can't afford top of the market replacements.

Maybe we should move him. What kind of haul do you think we could get?
[Reply]
O.city 09:03 AM 01-25-2023
Would you give Davenport the same deal Hendrickson got?
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:54 AM 01-25-2023
Originally Posted by O.city:
You'll need DL help either way, so if he's cheap sure.

But they've just gotta get better up front. I know the sack numbers this year etc. But it's gotta get better.
It's crazy to me that in a season where Spags got insane production from a pile of rookie DBs, saw his LB corps develop into one of the better units in football and then took a fringe-average DL into a group that was among the league leaders in sacks, we STILL have a large contingent calling for his head.

WTF else could you have asked for from the guy? He did fantastic work this season.
[Reply]
O.city 09:56 AM 01-25-2023
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
It's crazy to me that in a season where Spags got insane production from a pile of rookie DBs, saw his LB corps develop into one of the better units in football and then took a fringe-average DL into a group that was among the league leaders in sacks, we STILL have a large contingent calling for his head.

WTF else could you have asked for from the guy? He did fantastic work this season.
Yeah, he had a great year. I am just meaning the talent on the DL just has to be increased.

You need a speed guy, get rid of Clark and a few fillers. Not too much to ask.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:57 AM 01-25-2023
Would you give Davenport the same deal Hendrickson got?
Yeah.

$15 million/season for him? Yup, I'd do that and would be happy to have done so. I think he's a really good player. Maybe not precisely the kind of guy I'd want opposite of Karlaftis because I think their skill sets overlap, but I also don't think Spags gives a shit about that.

I think Davenport is ultimately the kind of player SPAGS wants, even if I'd go a different direction. He's a high pedigree player who's had very productive years in the past. I also think he was a little better this year than the numbers would suggest.

He's a guy you buy 'on the come' and watch him outperform his contract, IMO. If he hits free agency unencumbered, I'd make that deal.

But I also think, given the scarcity at DE in this FA market, he'll get FAR more than that on the market.
[Reply]
The Franchise 10:00 AM 01-25-2023

Cullen turned out to be an A+ hire.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:04 AM 01-25-2023
Yeah, he had a great year. I am just meaning the talent on the DL just has to be increased.

You need a speed guy, get rid of Clark and a few fillers. Not too much to ask.
I want a speed guy.

But really, was that ever what Cullen did? Was it ever what Spags did? I mean I think that was how he did it one of those years, maybe when he had Tuck, but it's not typically been his MO.

We kinda expected him to adopt some of that LEO stuff and he just never has. I think the defense we envisioned, and really the defense I would probably pursue, just isn't how Spags is looking to do it.

And that's fine - Spags knows more than I do. If he has a plan and we can effectuate it, go right ahead. And I think there's some real value added in Davenport that could pay off in a similar manner to the way Hendrickson has in Cincy. It's a nice comparison with potentially similar outcomes.
[Reply]
O.city 10:35 AM 01-25-2023
Yeah.

$15 million/season for him? Yup, I'd do that and would be happy to have done so. I think he's a really good player. Maybe not precisely the kind of guy I'd want opposite of Karlaftis because I think their skill sets overlap, but I also don't think Spags gives a shit about that.

I think Davenport is ultimately the kind of player SPAGS wants, even if I'd go a different direction. He's a high pedigree player who's had very productive years in the past. I also think he was a little better this year than the numbers would suggest.

He's a guy you buy 'on the come' and watch him outperform his contract, IMO. If he hits free agency unencumbered, I'd make that deal.

But I also think, given the scarcity at DE in this FA market, he'll get FAR more than that on the market.
I want a speed guy.

But really, was that ever what Cullen did? Was it ever what Spags did? I mean I think that was how he did it one of those years, maybe when he had Tuck, but it's not typically been his MO.

We kinda expected him to adopt some of that LEO stuff and he just never has. I think the defense we envisioned, and really the defense I would probably pursue, just isn't how Spags is looking to do it.

And that's fine - Spags knows more than I do. If he has a plan and we can effectuate it, go right ahead. And I think there's some real value added in Davenport that could pay off in a similar manner to the way Hendrickson has in Cincy. It's a nice comparison with potentially similar outcomes.
I'd think you could bump it up %15 percent and call it good and be happy with it.

Hell, he could overperform that even. I like it alot plus he's really young.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:42 AM 01-25-2023
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
Cullen turned out to be an A+ hire.
At a point you just have to ask yourself if there is ANYTHING Patriot related that isn't fraudulent as hell.

Remember when we got Daly as the DL coach and it was universally praised? Afterall, Daly was the mastermind of their rush strategy that was able to get more from less!!

Turns out Daly was the same full of shit joke as a DL coach that every other coach/executive to come out of New England has been.

I mean when guys as far down as position coaches are being routinely exposed as frauds, the entire system is clearly a joke.

The improvements at DL since we made the switch from Daly to Cullen have been obvious. Because Cullen is a damn good coach and Daly is just another full of shit Patriot Way scam artist.
[Reply]
O.city 10:49 AM 01-25-2023
I want a speed guy.

Sign Davenport

Trade for Brian Burns.

Done.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 04:04 PM 01-25-2023
Keep
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 04:15 PM 01-25-2023
Sign Davenport

Trade for Brian Burns.

Done.
Just printing more money ain't how this works, Joe...
[Reply]
O.city 04:24 PM 01-25-2023
But in reality, yeah, sign Davenport. Doesn't cost you any picks.

He's young, would fit in really nice here.

Then you still have all your picks to go add to the offense and defensive fronts.
[Reply]
kccrow 06:02 PM 01-25-2023
He's playing mostly 3-tech, no?

I've always seen him more as an under-tackle; 1-shade sort of guy. And yeah, I think in an even front you could get a little more out of him than the Broncos are getting with him as a 3-tech.

But I dunno - I thought he looked better as a rookie than he looked this year. After his rookie year I really thought he was going to be a stud and it just didn't happen for him.
He's a guy I'd tab to replace Jones if we were moving him but not a guy I see as a best-case scenario for playing next to Jones. He's awful light in the britches to play the 1.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 06:05 PM 01-25-2023
I want a speed guy.

Well, Spags had Tuck and Ueumineuioyiioora. So it's not like he flat won't use guys like that.
[Reply]
kccrow 07:08 PM 01-25-2023
Guys, Tuck was like 6'5" 260. Chris got it right with Umenyiora who was more the 6'3" 250 type.
[Reply]
Page 9 of 10
« First < 56789 10 >
Up