ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 9 of 10
« First < 56789 10 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Macro view: Remember, this is technically a rebuild year...
Dante84 10:20 AM 09-26-2022
I know that's a dirty phrase to utter, but it's important to keep things in perspective here.

We *barely* lost the game, and unfortunately there were some critical rookie mistakes, horrendous misses from an off-the-street kicker. We also had Gay & McDuffie out. A very weak personal foul call was a fatal blow. It sucks, but sometimes it be that way.

Looking ahead
Taking a big-picture view, we have one of the strongest rosters in the league, one of the youngest rosters in the league, with the best QB in the league, and multiple key starters locked up for at least the next 2 years. We also have a top-2 coach in the league, with a top-5 GM in the league armed with a talent evaluation staff that is top-notch. Our medical and training staff is among the best in the league as well.

We will have more than par picks next year. We have no reason to believe that our young defensive players will not continue to ascend, similar to Gay/Bolton. We should have cash to spend next year as well, should we choose to.

While we should absolutely be competing for a Super Bowl every year that we have Mahomes, and we likely will this year, it's crazy to think that we are this good and well set up for the future on a year where we are overhauling our entire receiving corps and have a fresh-out-the-womb defense.

We are going to rip butts wide open for the next 3-5 years if we see this thing through, and likely get a few rings because of it. Games like yesterday are part of the growth, as grumpy as that makes us on a week-to-week level.

Update - 2/15/23

Brett Veach lifts up the Lombardi Trophy, as he says, "This is what a rebuilding year looks like in Kansas City."

— Pete Sweeney (@pgsween) February 15, 2023

[Reply]
htismaqe 10:38 AM 09-28-2022
Originally Posted by JPH83:
Definitely reasonable for us to check in in a few weeks. I don't particularly like MVS or JJSS, I did like Moore in the draft. Could absolutely be the case it comes good and the protection is the main issue. We'll see. I'm still definitely drafting a couple of WRs next year.
Yeah, I'm definitely wanting to draft a WR or two next year. We'll have to, we have nobody under contract really.
[Reply]
staylor26 09:41 AM 10-04-2022
These Chiefs are pretty fucking good for a rebuild/retool/transition year.

:-)
[Reply]
dtforever 10:37 AM 10-04-2022
Originally Posted by Dunerdr:
Sounds like a soft rebuild to me.
Every team, every year is doing a "soft rebuild". Some are successful, and some are not year over year. It is exactly as the NFL wants it.
[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 10:37 AM 10-04-2022
This rebuild's all right!

Almost as good as a Dayton Moore rebuild!
[Reply]
KChiefs1 10:48 AM 10-04-2022
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Fucked in the ass by Bermuda grass.

See, that one still works. :-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Reply]
Dunerdr 12:40 PM 10-04-2022
Originally Posted by dtforever:
Every team, every year is doing a "soft rebuild". Some are successful, and some are not year over year. It is exactly as the NFL wants it.
I agree, but imo this one is more than we've seen since the 18/19 defensive transition.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 01:21 PM 10-04-2022
it's a REBOOT.

Not a problem.
[Reply]
RealSNR 02:10 PM 10-04-2022
It's not a rebuild OR a reboot.

It's a goddamn sequel.

Chiefs Are Super Bowl Champs II: The Desolation of Brady Douchetards
[Reply]
TLO 06:50 PM 01-30-2023
I like this year!
[Reply]
BryanBusby 07:02 PM 01-30-2023
Isn't, wasn't and never will be a rebuild year.

Said it all along.
[Reply]
Bl00dyBizkitz 07:05 PM 01-30-2023
Never, in my wildest dreams, did I expect every rookie pick in the draft to contribute to beating the Bengals in the AFCCG. That's just some wizardry shit.
[Reply]
TLO 10:01 PM 02-12-2023
Pretty good results for a rebuilding year. I'll take it.
[Reply]
Bump 10:06 PM 02-12-2023
the defense helped us get to the Superbowl. With a bunch of rookies out there.

You gotta remember, the Eagles are a good team, Hurts played a fantastic game too. They are really fucking good. You know their fans were bitching about their defense tonight as well. "Where's all these fucking sacks!?!?", shit like that.
[Reply]
BryanBusby 10:09 PM 02-12-2023
Originally Posted by BryanBusby:
They're not rebuilding at all. That's silly.
*Ahem* never in doubt
[Reply]
Dante84 11:44 AM 02-13-2023
Quick note on this - the term Brett Veach used this past week was a "Re-Tooling" year.

Originally Posted by :
KANSAS CITY, Mo. — The Chiefs’ most prominent members — team owner Clark Hunt, coach Andy Reid, general manager Brett Veach and superstar quarterback Patrick Mahomes — never categorized this season as a rebuild. Instead, the team’s 2022 campaign was described as a retooling.
So, either way - call it what you want - time to wreck the league for the next decade, baby!
[Reply]
Page 9 of 10
« First < 56789 10 >
Up