ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 8 of 35
« First < 45678 910111218 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Bryan Cook Thread*****
Dante84 07:18 PM 04-29-2022
More to come!

Cook was the third-most valuable safety in college football in 2021 #Chiefs pic.twitter.com/PpjLYjZwK5

— Eric Eager ���� (@PFF_Eric) April 30, 2022

[Reply]
Wallcrawler 10:31 AM 04-30-2022
Originally Posted by Prison Bitch:
It’s ironic that those of us who said trading Ty was a good move got torched.

Then the torchers turn right around and slobber over all the draftees we got from the deal.

Take a moment to ponder this logic.
You're literally talking to the biggest bleeding vagina over Tyreek Hill choosing Miami. I don't really forsee TEX and Logic being compatible.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:31 AM 04-30-2022
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
Ah, there we go.

I was worried for a while.
Mostly said my piece in the draft thread. He maybe becomes a Taylor Rapp sort of player.

That’s an fine player but not a critical one and ultimately we still have a shit DL.

I just don’t think he’s dynamic enough or at a position of significant enough need to take in the second damn round. I think we’ve lost some perspective because he was our 4th player taken. This is a second round pick. That’s a significant asset and I don’t think we used it well.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 10:33 AM 04-30-2022
Originally Posted by Best22:
I think it’s because people see him as a Sorenson replacement

Also PFF claims he didn’t allow any touchdowns in 2021

https://mobile.twitter.com/PFF_Colle...11443743866881

He didn’t do much pre draft testing due to a shoulder injury
ding ding ding!

No more hapless, shitty, missed tackling, clueless in coverage Mormon missile (if he's a missile, he was designed in North Korea.)
[Reply]
Kiimo 10:33 AM 04-30-2022
I remember thinking Fenton was that one player in the class who would be the weak link.

He turned out just fine
[Reply]
Chris Meck 10:35 AM 04-30-2022
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Mostly said my piece in the draft thread. He maybe becomes a Taylor Rapp sort of player.

That’s an fine player but not a critical one and ultimately we still have a shit DL.

I just don’t think he’s dynamic enough or at a position of significant enough need to take in the second damn round. I think we’ve lost some perspective because he was our 4th player taken. This is a second round pick. That’s a significant asset and I don’t think we used it well.
Well, I mean, we'll see, won't we?

If he turns into an all-pro nobody gives a shit if he went earlier than expected.

I see plenty there to be interesting. We'll see what shakes out.
[Reply]
The Franchise 10:36 AM 04-30-2022
Well, I mean, we'll see, won't we?

If he turns into an all-pro nobody gives a shit if he went earlier than expected.

I see plenty there to be interesting. We'll see what shakes out.
And if he doesn’t amount to shit….then it’s another waste of a 2nd round pick.

I’m not saying I hate him either.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:36 AM 04-30-2022
Originally Posted by Kiimosabi:
I remember thinking Fenton was that one player in the class who would be the weak link.

He turned out just fine
Fenton was what, a 6th rounder?

Again - I get that he replaces Dan Sorensen. But I also know that for 4 years Dan Sorensen did that particular job quite well and he was a UDFA.

When you have one of the worst DLs in the conference, using a 2nd round pick to firm up your heavy nickel set and replace an aging UDFA (who you already replaced with a quality veteran safety) doesn’t make a lot of sense to me.
[Reply]
-King- 10:39 AM 04-30-2022
Originally Posted by Best22:
I think it’s because people see him as a Sorenson replacement

Also PFF claims he didn’t allow any touchdowns in 2021

https://mobile.twitter.com/PFF_Colle...11443743866881

He didn’t do much pre draft testing due to a shoulder injury
Why do we need a Sorensen replacement? If Cook is to live up to his draft slot, shouldn't he be Thornhills replacement?
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 10:40 AM 04-30-2022
Fenton was what, a 6th rounder?

Again - I get that he replaces Dan Sorensen. But I also know that for 4 years Dan Sorensen did that particular job quite well and he was a UDFA.

When you have one of the worst DLs in the conference, using a 2nd round pick to firm up your heavy nickel set and replace an aging UDFA (who you already replaced with a quality veteran safety) doesn’t make a lot of sense to me.
It's tough. You look at the QB's and receivers in the West and if you can't cover, you are going to get killed before a Dline would have time to do anything.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:40 AM 04-30-2022
Originally Posted by IowaHawkeyeChief:
It's tough. You look at the QB's and receivers in the west if you can't cover, you are going to get killed before a Dline would have time to do anything.
So take a cover safety. Cooks not that.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:43 AM 04-30-2022
Originally Posted by -King-:
Why do we need a Sorensen replacement? If Cook is to live up to his draft slot, shouldn't he be Thornhills replacement?
Except that neither Cook or Reid should be playing single high.

So unless they’re scrapping that concept, I’m not seeing either guy as a Thornhill replacement.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 10:43 AM 04-30-2022
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
And if he doesn’t amount to shit….then it’s another waste of a 2nd round pick.

I’m not saying I hate him either.
Absolutely.

I just never really get the bitching immediately thing.

I mean, we don't know. What kind of combination of ignorance and arrogance do you need to possess to think we would know better from our couch and laptop than a proven, successful NFL GM, head coach, and team of scouts?

We can say- Hmmn. I'm not seeing it. That's a legit stance.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:44 AM 04-30-2022
Absolutely.

I just never really get the bitching immediately thing.

I mean, we don't know. What kind of combination of ignorance and arrogance do you need to possess to think we would know better from our couch and laptop than a proven, successful NFL GM, head coach, and team of scouts?

We can say- Hmmn. I'm not seeing it. That's a legit stance.
Pretty sure that’s what I said. And explained why.
[Reply]
Kiimo 10:49 AM 04-30-2022
Don't draft based on need says all of CP

Five minutes later I don't understand how this guy fits certain schemes!!!
[Reply]
Best22 10:50 AM 04-30-2022
I think if the Raiders take this guy in the second you make fun of them for drafting a 4th round version of Jonathan Abram in the 2nd round.

The mood is up so everyone loves this pick, but this one’s pretty damn iffy. Underwater on pure value based on ANY objective review, not a position of true immediate need and not much ceiling.

This is a questionable pick that nobody wants to actually question because they like the other picks.
Originally Posted by -King-:
Because he’s a rookie

I’d love it if he was the starting SS, but I try not to be too optimistic about rookies, especially guys drafted this are with some flaws. I think it’s reasonable to expect to see him on the field in that Sorenson role in year 1, which is a pretty big task for a rookie

But starting safety in year 1? I just don’t want to get my hopes up like that. Maybe in 2023, but not rookie year
[Reply]
Page 8 of 35
« First < 45678 910111218 > Last »
Up