ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 3
< 12 3 >
Nzoner's Game Room>I bought Tim Donaghy's book
Vladimir_Kyrilytch 04:40 PM 10-28-2021
Ever since that playoff game against the Titans, wherein Derrick Johnson sacked Marcus Mariota and caused a fumble, only for the play to not stand, I've been suspicious of the officiating in this sport. That suspicion has only grown since then, with the Dee Ford offsides coming to mind, and the phantom holding that wiped out our first interception of Brady in the super bowl, among countless other examples over the years. I've noticed that my guy blackop has noticed some of the same things. I needed to know more.

So I thought to myself, VK, who would know a lot about rigging pro sports? How bout the pro official that got arrested by the FBI for fixing games, he might know something about it. Tim Donaghy is his name, and the NBA was his game. He wrote a book, I bought his book, and now I can't help but share a few excerpts.

It turns out he didn't start out by betting games he officiated. Instead, he bet on other games, using his knowledge of how pro-reffing works to his advantage. Fixing his own games came later.

A few excerpts I highlighted from the mere first two chapters.

First excerpt:
Spoiler!

Another:
Spoiler!

Another:
Spoiler!

Since Donaghy's time, as BlackOp has not missed, gambling has become inexorably linked to pro sports. Far more gambling money is involved now than the 90's-00's.
[Reply]
Vladimir_Kyrilytch 10:10 PM 10-28-2021
Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry:
Whose mult or what banned poster is this?
I am one of a kind, my friend. Never banned, never multed.

Originally Posted by MMXcalibur:
Just let it go, we more than made up for it by beating the Titans in a far more important game.
I had far more money on the first Titans game.

Originally Posted by Spott:
I hope Brady gets inoperable ass cancer.
He discusses preferential treatment for stars quite a bit. He asks a top referee why he got so much heat for calling a travel on Michael Jordan. From the book:
"Ed, that's the spin move we saw on the tapes. Why did I catch so much heat [for making that call]?

He shook his head and looked at me as if I had just fallen off the back of a cabbage truck. 'You have to think about who you're calling it on', Ed said.

Wow, I thought. I didn't realize I was supposed to blow the whistle based on who's playing. It was a defining moment for me, because the referee's manual explicitly states "don't call personalities". But here was a respected referee telling me that's how the game was played.
Originally Posted by displacedinMN:
#investigatecarlcheffers
All three of Triplette, Cheffers and Blakeman have a lot of questions to answer.
[Reply]
Vladimir_Kyrilytch 04:21 PM 01-02-2022
The thread they dont want you to see. Seems relevant today so I bumped it. And if you delete it, bearcat, I'll write it again from scratch.
[Reply]
Molitoth 06:59 PM 01-02-2022
Nothing wrong with this thread....

But people still want to believe in Santa Clause.
[Reply]
Bearcat 07:17 PM 01-02-2022
Originally Posted by Vladimir_Kyrilytch:
The thread they dont want you to see. Seems relevant today so I bumped it. And if you delete it, bearcat, I'll write it again from scratch.
How about you stop calling me out in every post or I'll delete your account?
[Reply]
Easy 6 07:21 PM 01-02-2022
Not in the mood for it tonight, really just need to step away from the subject and decompress for a while... but I actually wanna read those excerpts soon
[Reply]
suzzer99 10:12 PM 01-02-2022
I just want to know who makes the call on last minute substitutions like this one and the Rams game in 2018. Is it purely Goodell, purely some head referee, some council, other?

Because that's a lot of influence that could be used to steer games. Not necessarily rigging, but getting refs you know will call a game a certain way to one team's disadvantage.
[Reply]
Vladimir_Kyrilytch 10:35 PM 01-02-2022
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
How about you stop calling me out in every post or I'll delete your account?
Geeze bearcat I really didnt mean to offend you. I like you cause you can take my nonsense and give it back. I seriously didnt mean any harm
[Reply]
Chargem 05:53 AM 01-03-2022
Originally Posted by suzzer99:
I just want to know who makes the call on last minute substitutions like this one and the Rams game in 2018. Is it purely Goodell, purely some head referee, some council, other?

Because that's a lot of influence that could be used to steer games. Not necessarily rigging, but getting refs you know will call a game a certain way to one team's disadvantage.
In your mind, what's the difference between "rigging" and "calling a game a certain way to one team's disadvantage"? Just curious about mental gymnastics you are doing here.
[Reply]
MarkDavis'Haircut 05:50 PM 01-30-2023
Good book?
[Reply]
TLO 05:53 PM 01-30-2023
Originally Posted by Carr4MVP:
Good book?
Thank u
[Reply]
Vladimir_Kyrilytch 06:33 PM 01-30-2023
Remember fellas, and yes thanks for bumping this, that all of those excerpts I typed out were from the first 2 chapters. Who wants more excerpts? I'm good for a few more excerpts.
[Reply]
TLO 06:41 PM 01-30-2023
Remember fellas, and yes thanks for bumping this, that all of those excerpts I typed out were from the first 2 chapters. Who wants more excerpts? I'm good for a few more excerpts.
Yes PLRASE!!!
[Reply]
Vladimir_Kyrilytch 07:18 PM 01-30-2023
December 26, 2006 Memphis at Washington

Originally Posted by :
When I learned that referees Joe Forte and Eli Roe were working this game with me, I immediately picked Memphis to win. Forte and Memphis coach Mike Fratello were good friends and had been for years. Forte had a "free dinner" card for Fratello's sports restaurant in Atlanta and he loved to share it with friends. Forte lived in Atlanta, and whenever we worked a Hawks game together, I was Joe's guest for a delicious meal, compliments of Coach Fratello. Joe's special relationship with the coach was all I needed to know, so I called [my bookie] and told him to bet Memphis."

[Reply]
Vladimir_Kyrilytch 07:21 PM 01-30-2023
This might intrigue a Chiefs fan:

Originally Posted by :
Relationships between NBA players and referees were generally all over the board - love, hate, and everything in-between. Some players, even very good ones, were targeted by referees and the league because they were too talented for their own good.

[Reply]
Jewish Rabbi 07:29 PM 01-30-2023
Not much for excerpts but would be interested in you inserting a cactus up your rectum
[Reply]
Page 2 of 3
< 12 3 >
Up