ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 131 of 153
« First < 3181121127128129130131 132133134135141 > Last »
Media Center>Star Wars: The Mandalorian
Hammock Parties 08:33 PM 10-04-2018
Jon Favreau is directing this live-action TV series.

Looks TIGHT.

Originally Posted by :
Production on the first Star Wars live-action streaming series has begun!

After the stories of Jango and Boba Fett, another warrior emerges in the Star Wars universe. The Mandalorian is set after the fall of the Empire and before the emergence of the First Order. We follow the travails of a lone gunfighter in the outer reaches of the galaxy far from the authority of the New Republic.

The series will be written and executive produced by Emmy-nominated producer and actor Jon Favreau, as previously announced, with Dave Filoni (Star Wars: The Clone Wars, Star Wars Rebels) directing the first episode.

Additional episodic directors include Deborah Chow (Jessica Jones), Rick Famuyiwa (Dope), Bryce Dallas Howard (Solemates), and Taika Waititi (Thor: Ragnarok).

It will be executive produced by Jon Favreau, Dave Filoni, Kathleen Kennedy, and Colin Wilson. Karen Gilchrist will serve as co-executive producer. Stay tuned to StarWars.com for updates.

[Reply]
KCUnited 06:04 PM 01-18-2023
Originally Posted by Bowser:
Yes, this. Thanks for the assist.
Its fresh in my mind as my MiL was here for the holidays so we rewatched Mandalorian since she'd never seen it. We got to the end and I was like where the fuck is that scene and googled it which reminded me it happened in Bobba Fett.

Which makes things a bit awkward because I'm guessing InChiefsHeaven hasn't watched Bobba and I just gave away the finale with a Mandalorian story line.
[Reply]
Bowser 06:06 PM 01-18-2023
:-)

SPOILERS, ICH
[Reply]
Megatron96 06:21 PM 01-18-2023
I don't care how they effed up. I want to see season 3, period.

But just out of curiosity, did they get the same guy to play Grogu? Or did they go with Vin Deisel?
[Reply]
InChiefsHeaven 06:32 PM 01-18-2023
Originally Posted by Bowser:
:-)

SPOILERS, ICH
:-)...well, there ya go...

I have not had time to watch Boba Fett yet. I watched the first epi and it didn't really grab me, but I want to give it a go again. Now I guess I gotta...
[Reply]
Frazod 06:35 PM 01-18-2023
Originally Posted by InChiefsHeaven:
:-)...well, there ya go...

I have not had time to watch Boba Fett yet. I watched the first epi and it didn't really grab me, but I want to give it a go again. Now I guess I gotta...
The first half is about Boba Fett. Then the Mandalorian shows up and steals the show right out from under him.
[Reply]
Gadzooks 06:44 PM 01-18-2023
Mandalorian had to steal the show. The Boba Fett story line was shit and they needed Grogu to save the series from tanking. (women and kids love Grogu...)
Boba Fett's story sucked because the majority of hard core, older, Star Wars fans never imagined him being from New Zealand until Lucas shit all over his great trilogy with the prequels.
A major part of the allure of the character of Baba Fett is the mystery of a cold blooded bounty hunter.. To flesh his character out/ humanize him, is to ruin the character.
[Reply]
Chiefspants 07:04 PM 01-18-2023
Originally Posted by Gadzooks:
A major part of the allure of the character of Baba Fett is the mystery of a cold blooded bounty hunter.. To flesh his character out/ humanize him, is to ruin the character.
A character like that is doomed to fail as a lead. He honestly was perfect as a supporting character in Mando.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 10:00 PM 01-18-2023
I like baby yoda. Why the hate up in here? Asoka likes him. Luke likes him.
[Reply]
Chiefspants 10:24 PM 01-18-2023
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
I like baby yoda. Why the hate up in here? Asoka likes him. Luke likes him.
Grogu's great. He's why my 7 year old brother and my students love Star Wars as much as I did and my parents before me did.

But there is a pretty loud part of the fanbase that is convinced Disney intervened to keep him in the show, especially with how the Book of Boba Fett got hijacked to become Mandalorian: Season 2.5 to cram Grogu back into Mandalorian before the next season even aired (completely reversing the events of the finale).
[Reply]
BigRedChief 08:39 AM 01-19-2023
Originally Posted by Chiefspants:
Grogu's great. He's why my 7 year old brother and my students love Star Wars as much as I did and my parents before me did.

But there is a pretty loud part of the fanbase that is convinced Disney intervened to keep him in the show, especially with how the Book of Boba Fett got hijacked to become Mandalorian: Season 2.5 to cram Grogu back into Mandalorian before the next season even aired (completely reversing the events of the finale).
Boba Fett needed to be rescued.

This was fan service? An old benevolent Boba fighting for the citizens of a dusty city? We wanted Boba that we knew 20 years ago. Not badass lite.
[Reply]
Just Passin' By 04:48 PM 01-19-2023
Originally Posted by Gadzooks:
Mandalorian had to steal the show. The Boba Fett story line was shit and they needed Grogu to save the series from tanking. (women and kids love Grogu...)
Boba Fett's story sucked because the majority of hard core, older, Star Wars fans never imagined him being from New Zealand until Lucas shit all over his great trilogy with the prequels.

Just basing this on what you've posted:

They should have consulted with Clint Eastwood on how to both humanize the character a bit and keep the mystery/aura at the same time.
[Reply]
Chiefspants 07:05 PM 01-19-2023
Originally Posted by Just Passin' By:
Just basing this on what you've posted:

They should have consulted with Clint Eastwood on how to both humanize the character a bit and keep the mystery/aura at the same time.
I think the problem is that this WAS their plan for Boba. Then Disney didn’t allow them to use Boba and the Mandalorian took Boba’s place (originally Mando was going to be the Boba Fett show).

Then the Boba movie got canceled and they were allowed to use Boba again. But how do you make a Fett show that retains his mystery without it feeling like a pale imitation of Mando? They clearly didn’t figure it out.

Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
Boba Fett needed to be rescued.

This was fan service? An old benevolent Boba fighting for the citizens of a dusty city? We wanted Boba that we knew 20 years ago. Not badass lite.
I think the theory is that Disney didn’t want to let Grogu out of a their prized SW property, rejected the ending to Season 2, and forced Filoni’s hand to get Grogu back in Mando by the time Season 3 rolled around.
[Reply]
Frazod 07:31 PM 01-19-2023
Well, they did have to find a way to separate Grogu from Luke and extract him from the events of later films.
[Reply]
Chiefspants 09:59 AM 01-21-2023
Originally Posted by Frazod:
Well, they did have to find a way to separate Grogu from Luke and extract him from the events of later films.
It is just funny to sequence it out.

Mando Season 2 Finale Luke: "Talent without training is nothing. Grogu must be trained."

One episode of Book of Mando Fett Later: "Eh, Grogu's good."
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 02:16 PM 01-21-2023
Originally Posted by Frazod:

Waiting on the retcon
[Reply]
Page 131 of 153
« First < 3181121127128129130131 132133134135141 > Last »
Up