ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 79 of 104
« First < 29697576777879 8081828389 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Andy Reid appreciation thread
Hammock Parties 10:51 PM 10-01-2018
The guy could easily have tried to pump his superstar QB by throwing on the goal line at the end of the game.

He did the smart thing and pounded it three times for the fucking win.

Word to your mother, Pete Carroll.

Oh, and he has mind control over the AFC West. 18-1 in his last 19.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 05:13 PM 01-30-2023
Nice thread about KC coaching. EVERYONE SHOULD READ THIS, IMO.

https://www.twobillsdrive.com/commun...andle-bengals/
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 05:15 PM 01-30-2023
Originally Posted by ChiefsFanatic:
No, but I am pissed that he kept running it up the middle on 1st down in the 4th quarter, which ended up putting us on 3rd & long every time.

And, honestly, not running the ball and taking the clock to the 2 minute warning in the first half was kinda FN stupid too, and gave the Bengals time to score.

Reid and Mahomes are the best thing to ever happen to the Chiefs, but Reid has a history of losing playoff games after having double digit leads, and it's almost always because of his offensive play calling.

He is a legendary coach, but he isn't perfect.

Sent from my moto g stylus 5G using Tapatalk
:-) You're "pissed" about Andy's decisions? It's amazing how many people here not only know more about NFL offense than Andy et al., but they know so MUCH more that Andy's decisions make them angry. :-)
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 05:18 PM 01-30-2023
Meanwhile, Shanahan throws a QB back onto the field with a completely torn UCL despite the player already telling him he's not good to go at all.
[Reply]
Megatron96 05:24 PM 01-30-2023
If it's been posted, sorry for Q:

Andy did an amazing job of working around the losses of JJSS, Hardman, Toney, and Watson during the game. There had to be large chunks of the gameplan that kind of went out the window as those losses piled up. Particularly after JJSS and Toney went down. But true to his own mantra, he just kept firing with the guns he had, as opposed to the guns he brought, and found ways to make it work.

We are truly blessed to have Andy Reid as our HC.
[Reply]
RealSNR 05:29 PM 01-30-2023
Originally Posted by ChiefsFanatic:
No, but I am pissed that he kept running it up the middle on 1st down in the 4th quarter, which ended up putting us on 3rd & long every time.

And, honestly, not running the ball and taking the clock to the 2 minute warning in the first half was kinda FN stupid too, and gave the Bengals time to score.

Reid and Mahomes are the best thing to ever happen to the Chiefs, but Reid has a history of losing playoff games after having double digit leads, and it's almost always because of his offensive play calling.

He is a legendary coach, but he isn't perfect.

Sent from my moto g stylus 5G using Tapatalk
Say it, bro. Say the two words that are guaranteed to out you for being a giant dumbass.

"Clock management"

Say it.
[Reply]
Megatron96 06:12 PM 01-30-2023
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
Nice thread about KC coaching. EVERYONE SHOULD READ THIS, IMO.

https://www.twobillsdrive.com/commun...andle-bengals/
Great read.

You know, they sound a bit like Chiefs fans when our defense was being 'led' by Sutton, imo. Especially the one poster that was complimenting Spags creativity and unpredictability with his gameplan and adjustments, vs. their own DC's vanilla approach.

Though a couple of them were whining about their DC's use of Tampa/Cover-2 . . . a primary part of Spags defense, so maybe they aren't the sharpest knives in the drawer.

But again, a very interesting read just in terms of perspective.

Thx for posting.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 06:35 PM 01-30-2023
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
Meanwhile, Shanahan throws a QB back onto the field with a completely torn UCL despite the player already telling him he's not good to go at all.
In his defense, they were down to their 4th string QB. The only other option was CMC at QB. They don’t run the wildcat so they probably had no plays to call out of that mold.

I’ll give Shanahan some grace. He’s brought that team to three NFCCGs in four years. If he ever wins a Super Bowl I think he’ll finally get respect as a top 5-8 coach.
[Reply]
Bl00dyBizkitz 06:46 PM 01-30-2023
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
Great read.

You know, they sound a bit like Chiefs fans when our defense was being 'led' by Sutton, imo. Especially the one poster that was complimenting Spags creativity and unpredictability with his gameplan and adjustments, vs. their own DC's vanilla approach.

Though a couple of them were whining about their DC's use of Tampa/Cover-2 . . . a primary part of Spags defense, so maybe they aren't the sharpest knives in the drawer.

But again, a very interesting read just in terms of perspective.

Thx for posting.
Reminds me of our loss to the Pats in the AFCCG.

I think some people were legitimately calling for Andy's head at that point, thinking he was going to waste Mahomes prime years. All it took was Spags and another year to right the ship.

I think they really do miss Daboll. Allen took that next step with Daboll, and is now back to relying on his physical traits and talent to win games rather than skill at the QB positon.
[Reply]
Bl00dyBizkitz 06:50 PM 01-30-2023
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
:-) You're "pissed" about Andy's decisions? It's amazing how many people here not only know more about NFL offense than Andy et al., but they know so MUCH more that Andy's decisions make them angry. :-)
Running on 1st down wasn't very effective, true, but honestly what else did we have left? We literally were running out of WR's, we had MARCUS KEMP out there in the last 5 minutes of the AFCCG. We didn't have much of a gameplan left.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 07:11 PM 01-30-2023
andy's fucking locked in

holthus asked him a question about his wife being from arizona on the kingdom show tonight and he changed the subject to football in 5 seconds
[Reply]
smithandrew051 07:25 PM 01-30-2023
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
andy's fucking locked in

holthus asked him a question about his wife being from arizona on the kingdom show tonight and he changed the subject to football in 5 seconds
I hope Andy does the same thing to his wife when she tries to tell him some stupid story about her day.

“Andy, you aren’t going to believe who I saw at the store!”

“Yeah, so uhhh…anyway. This Reddick kid is good. Could give us problems. I have a couple ideas about how to slide protection to make it work. Time’s yours.”
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 07:26 PM 01-30-2023
Originally Posted by smithandrew051:
I hope Andy does the same thing to his wife when she tries to tell him some stupid story about her day.

“Yeah, so uhhh…anyway. This Reddick kid is good. Could give us problems. I have a couple ideas about how to slide protection to make it work. Time’s yours.”
Whenever I hear Andy talk, the slightest thing he says has HUGE meaning.

Nothing is obvious with him. But that was.
[Reply]
jerryaldini 08:16 PM 01-30-2023
Marcus Kemp proved once again that Andy "can scheme a receiver open in a phone booth", even if Marcus Kemp is said receiver!
[Reply]
notorious 08:19 PM 01-30-2023
3 Super Bowl appearances in 4 years.

Good lord we are spoiled.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 08:38 PM 01-30-2023
Originally Posted by smithandrew051:

I know that can't be a direct quote.

Because he'd have said "and with that, time's yours..."
[Reply]
Page 79 of 104
« First < 29697576777879 8081828389 > Last »
Up