ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 152 of 173
« First < 52102142148149150151152 153154155156162 > Last »
In Memoriam>Good news [Lonewolf Ed]
Lonewolf Ed 04:51 PM 01-24-2015
I thought I'd start a new thread for updates on my cancer treatments and whatever else is going on, since the bad news thread title is misleading now.

My last treatment went better than the previous two and my chest wound is still closed up, which is a good thing. My arm is getting slightly stronger and I hope to resume lifting dumbbells next week. I need to build up my strength again, because I am going back to Denmark in May and I am extremely pumped about that! I'd like to be able to schlepp my own checked bag and not have someone else lifting it for me.

It's going to be a fabulous trip, 6 weeks and a couple of days for me. My brother is going along as well as my friends Chipp and Rod. Chipp is staying close to 3 weeks and has not gone with me over there since 2006 so he is also very pumped to be going. It will be Rod's first trip and he will be there for 2 weeks. I will get to be a tour guide. Also, I am throwing a party in my favorite pub of all, the wonderful, ever-magnificent Irish House in Aalborg on May 7th. The owner and I are friends and he will give me a little discount. We'll have Irish stew and brews in the cellar and I hope to have around 25 family and friends there. I might bill it as the "Fu** Cancer Party." A few months back, I was not sure I'd ever be able to go over to Denmark again or if I'd even be alive, but the cancer hasn't gotten me yet. I'm doing a number on it, instead.

Some other cool things I plan to do when I am back in my ancestral lands include a wine tasting in a castle, touring another castle and the northernmost manor home in the country, and visiting Skagen, the top of Denmark, where you can stand on a little patch of beach and have one foot in one sea and one in another. They also have a brewpub up there I am wanting to check out. I will start and end my trip in Aalborg and spend 5 weeks in an apartment I rent that is very close to the beach. I can hardly wait for May 4th to roll around!
[Reply]
Black Bob 08:26 PM 04-07-2017
I like you ed. Best wishes dude. Any advice? Regrets?
[Reply]
bevischief 08:30 PM 04-07-2017
Go in peace.
[Reply]
Chief Northman 08:36 PM 04-07-2017
You have fought the the good fight Ed. God bless you and your family in this trying time.
[Reply]
Iowanian 08:47 PM 04-07-2017
I don't have the right words....

You've shown yourself to be a top shelf individual in your time here. I hope you can find peace in each of your remaining minutes and I hope your family and friends find comfort in the coming days.

When the wolf comes a lot of people find out that they are sheep....you've met this sonnabitch like a lion.

Peace to you, pal.

**** cancer.
[Reply]
thabear04 08:59 PM 04-07-2017
Best wishes to you Ed I'll be praying for you and your family.
[Reply]
MMXcalibur 09:12 PM 04-07-2017
So sad to hear, Ed.
I will keep you and your family in my thoughts.
[Reply]
splatbass 09:16 PM 04-07-2017
Sorry to hear this Ed. Your attitude is inspirational, and I hope your remaining time is peaceful and as pain free as possible.
[Reply]
Chromatic 09:53 PM 04-07-2017
Fuck, man. I really don't have the words.

I'm so sorry this is happening to you. I wish you nothing but good vibes and peace the next few weeks. It's an honor, pleasure, and privilege to read about your fight and the strength you display during it.

My life is richer from getting to know you and your story a little bit. God bless and Godspeed, Ed.
[Reply]
Simply Red 10:23 PM 04-07-2017
Originally Posted by Lonewolf Ed:
I have very bad news. My blood tests had terrible numbers and my body is just worn down while my liver is getting ever worse. I can't handle more treatments and I am getting hospice care. I have two or three weeks left to live.

I want to thank all of you so much for the prayers, support and love. It has made a difference. My final battle awaits and I will win because the cancer dies with me and I am the one who will kill it.
This is going to be with me for a long long time brother. I'm so sorry - I can't say or do anything to help this. I'm devastated to read this. I always loved hearing from you - God Bless you Ed. You'll always live a little in my heart.
[Reply]
Gadzooks 10:58 PM 04-07-2017
Originally Posted by Lonewolf Ed:
I have very bad news. My blood tests had terrible numbers and my body is just worn down while my liver is getting ever worse. I can't handle more treatments and I am getting hospice care. I have two or three weeks left to live.

I want to thank all of you so much for the prayers, support and love. It has made a difference. My final battle awaits and I will win because the cancer dies with me and I am the one who will kill it.
Whoa, the room got pretty dusty when I read this post.
Ed, I'd like to thank you for sharing the story of your personal war with cancer. I've really admired your attitude and perseverance throughout.
I've never understood the term "godspeed", I thought it meant 'I hope god speeds things up' (which didn't seem very appropriate), so I looked it up - it's an expression of good wishes to a person starting a journey.
With that in mind I wish you godspeed and thank you again for sharing.
When you finally kill the cancer it'll be with an axe.
[Reply]
Nightfyre 10:59 PM 04-07-2017
Ed,
Hang tough brother. You are in our thoughts.
[Reply]
BigOlChiefsfan 11:51 PM 04-07-2017
Best thoughts
[Reply]
Chiefshrink 11:53 PM 04-07-2017
Ed you and I have had this conversation privately and you and I are brothers in Christ. Very soon you will win the "real lottery" being in the presence of Jesus totally healed with a new body !! Imagine that !! Not to mention an emotional and mental peace that passes all understanding.

Like many others here I will miss your wonderful heart and total class act here on CP which is a HUGE TESTIMONY to who you are as a person and inspiration for all of us for sure. I pray these last few weeks are as comfortable as possible for you. Very soon you will meet Jesus and how wonderful that will be !! Hang on to that thought to get you through these last few weeks.

I will see on the other side my friend !!:-)
[Reply]
kccrow 12:12 AM 04-08-2017
I pray God grants you peace and comfort in your final days Ed. You're a great guy. Cheers to you for all that you've been to this community over the years, and I'm sure you've been even better to your loved ones. Your strength through all of this has been incredible, and is a model for all of us when we approach our final days. Thank you for sharing your story with us. God Bless.
[Reply]
C3HIEF3S 12:18 AM 04-08-2017
It has been a complete honor to be able to witness your story. I promise you it will be lived on and remembered forever. You have made as much of an impact as anyone can ever hope for. God bless you, Ed.
[Reply]
Page 152 of 173
« First < 52102142148149150151152 153154155156162 > Last »
Up