ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 5 of 5
< 12345
Nzoner's Game Room>A Level Headed Review Wk 21
DenverChief 09:27 PM 01-29-2023
1. Defense. Collectively as a team played very well, sacks, picks and keeping us in the game until the end. Williams (1 Int), Watson (1 Int), Jones (2 sacks), Clark(1.5 sacks), Karlaftis (1 sack), Gay (.5 sack), Cook (1 deflection).

2. Patrick Mahomes. Gutting out the ankle pain and making it happen with a depleted offense. Then with it all on the line sprints for the first down and draws the roughing penalty to give Butker his shot. 5 AFC Championships in 5 years as a starter and 3 Super Bowl Appearances. We are truly blessed and living in the golden era of Chiefs football.

3. Skyy Moore on the punt return at the end of the game. What a way to set us up for the winning field goal. Without that good run back we don't have a chance. Kudos to him and Toub working on his punt duties and getting him solid.

4. Butker. Clutch kicking the whole game and nails when we needed it the most. We are lucky to have such a good kicker.

5. Offensive line. Collectively helped keep Mahomes on his feet only gave up 2 sacks (realistically 1 sack, one was on a failed Mahomes run).

6. Stupid penalties. Wylie (taunting) and Cook (Defensive holding/PI) had a couple of stupid penalties. Glad it didn't cost us in the end.

7. MVS. Once again makes clutch TD catches to keep us in front of the Bengals. He lead all receivers with 116 yds and a TD. Next man up in the WR room. Honorable mention to Marcus Kemp for a critical 13 yard catch to keep the drive alive late.

8. Kelce. While he wasn't lights out he was our #2 in yards and scoring. He just keeps this team going, I fear the day he decides to hang it up.

9. Injuries. We had a lot in this game and I hope they can all come back for the SB. Sneed (Concussion), JJSS (Knee), Hardman (groin aggravation) and Toney (Ankle). We will need them to keep pace with an explosive Eagles offense.

10. Pacheco. While he wasn't super flashy this game he did manage to roll up 85 total yards of offense for us Rushing and Receiving. With as close as this game was all those yards counted.

ON TO THE SUPERBOWL!!
[Reply]
Easy 6 06:31 PM 01-30-2023
Originally Posted by stevieray:
Watched no pregame. Watched the Star Spangled Banner (killer!) then hit the porch to listen to game with Mitch, Danan and Josh. I find it easier to keep emotions on an even keel when I listen to Mitch's call. Not only do you not get the usual fluff from the commentators, you get injury, etc reports from the sideline. Josh does a great job of conveying what's going on during the game. I still haven't seen the sack or punt return.

I think the defense set the tone early on. The sacks and the pressure pretty much told them they weren't just going to run roughshod over the Chiefs. I think this was huge and instrumental. The tackling was on spot. Reid said afterwards all he heard from the defense was they loved the game plan and were chomping at the bit. So refreshing, especially when Mahomes and the O are always expected to carry the team, Jones finally gets the sack mokey off his back, Major hat tip. To top it off, most all this without Sneed and Gay.

I was surprised that both teams had so little rushing yards. My biggest concern was Perine, but alas. I think the cold played into that a little.

Toney down,
Juju down.
Hardman down.
Mahomes hobbled.
Kelce hobbled.

MVS steps up.
Kemp steps up

This team will fall off with the loss of Tyreek?

:-)....wonder how he felt watching that win unfold?

Even with stalled drives that had everyone freaking out, they just kept slugging away.

The rookies? Not rooks anymore.

Just. WOW.

Jones? Disappears in playoffs
Moore? Rough go this season.
Butker? Rough go this season.
Mahomes? Babied that ankle all game, and then ran through the pain at full speed. I think if he hadn't done that, the first down run just might not happen. "I'm not as good as I once was, but I'm good ONCE as I ever was" comes to mind. Just incredible.

It's not just that they WON, it's HOW they won. So many players having an integral part, where without each one making a play, we lose.

I though the last SB run couldn't be outdone, but this gritty, determined win in frigid temps is giving it a run for it's money.
Excellent post, my dude

The start of that second paragraph really hits home, Jones and co came out swarming Burrows ass from the jump... at that point Cincy knew it wasn't gonna be just another walk in the park

It ABSOLUTELY set the tone
[Reply]
|Zach| 06:34 PM 01-30-2023
Always wanted to ask. What makes your reviews level headed? You are just another dude in an ocean of people with sports opinions right?
[Reply]
DenverChief 08:00 PM 01-30-2023
I try and keep my reviews grounded in fact and not wild assumptions or Skip Bayless/PFF “hot takes”
[Reply]
stevieray 10:40 PM 01-30-2023
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
It ABSOLUTELY set the tone
At the end of the game, too.

Pretty sure I'm not alone in thinking when they stalled and gave them the ball back with two minutes and change, there was a good chance they would once again win with a walk off.

Not so. Jones and the defense get the ball back? :-)

Then the magic began.
[Reply]
Page 5 of 5
< 12345
Up