ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 13 of 13
« First < 3910111213
Nzoner's Game Room>Brett Veach, take a bow
RunKC 09:26 PM 01-29-2023
McDuffie, Cook, Pacheco, Karlaftis, Williams, Watson and Skyy all made big plays for us tonight.

Just unreal. Absolutely incredible.
[Reply]
Bearcat 08:26 AM 02-23-2023
Originally Posted by JohnnyHammersticks:
It's not so much his takes - he has some decent ones mixed in every once in a blue moon - it's the melting down like a 12 yr old anytime someone disagrees with him.
Can't say I've ever seen one, but mostly ignore him for that very reason.. I assume it's trolling, because I like to pretend people really aren't that fucking stupid.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 08:27 AM 02-23-2023
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
Can't say I've ever seen one, but mostly ignore him for that very reason.. I assume it's trolling, because I like to pretend people really aren't that fucking stupid.
Imagine going this reerunned after WINNING a Superbowl starting that many rookies on defense. It's insane.
[Reply]
O.city 08:30 AM 02-23-2023
The Chiefs are an offensive team. Yes, you want a good defense, but "good" is relative here.

You aren't gonna build a lock down 2000 Ravens type defense with the finances being what they are. A good defense here gets a turnover a game and forces a couple punts and a fg or two instead of a TD.

Keep teams under 24-28 points and you're fine.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 08:36 AM 02-23-2023
Teams also play us hyper aggressively on offense and play catch up alot which skews things. They are gambling more on 4th downs, looking for 7 not 3...etc.
[Reply]
htismaqe 08:42 AM 02-23-2023
Originally Posted by JohnnyHammersticks:
It's not so much his takes - he has some decent ones mixed in every once in a blue moon - it's the melting down like a 12 yr old anytime someone disagrees with him.
It's not just that.

The dude ALWAYS tries to steer every discussion about any player or coach into an opportunity to call everybody on CP a racist.

He's nothing if not consistent.
[Reply]
O.city 09:04 AM 02-23-2023
Originally Posted by Pasta Little Brother:
Teams also play us hyper aggressively on offense and play catch up alot which skews things. They are gambling more on 4th downs, looking for 7 not 3...etc.
This.

Honestly, with Mahomes and Andy, the Chiefs should take a page out of that book.
[Reply]
Bearcat 09:07 AM 02-23-2023
Imagine going this reerunned after WINNING a Superbowl starting that many rookies on defense. It's insane.
I don't get how people can watch the Chiefs' offense routinely have their way against the "top defenses" of the league while also expecting the defense to consistently play really well against other top offenses.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 09:07 AM 02-23-2023
I think this defense is one plus DE and some DT depth away from being top 10 in '23. I really do.
[Reply]
tredadda 09:11 AM 02-23-2023
Originally Posted by UChieffyBugger:
Love Brett but I just want a season where we don't have to worry about our defense so much. Giving Pat a top ten defense, better RT and a number one WR should be the priority this offseason and he fully deserves it. Try to make things easier for him fgs.
It sounds ideal, but not sure how practical it is to get a Top 10 defense, a true #1 WR and a better RT. Not saying he can't address these positions, but there is only a finite amount of available cap space and Mahomes takes up a sizable chunk of it. KC still needs to address the LT, whether that's signing Brown Jr or moving on. At some point they will have to address Sneed who is looking at a huge pay raise, Bolton, possibly Gay, Creed, Trey, Jones, etc... Plus Kelce is not getting younger so if Gray is not the answer then they might need to address that as well.

Veach drafts well, so that helps. At this point I think having a Top 15-20 defense while keeping Mahomes upright with solid weapons is probably going to be the most ideal strategy regarding resources. Perhaps they can bring in some aging vets who want to chase a ring, failed first rounders that need a second chance, and solid draft picks on defense and occasionally catch lightning in a bottle and have a Top 10 defense, but those will most likely be rare.
[Reply]
tredadda 09:16 AM 02-23-2023
Originally Posted by UChieffyBugger:
Why not aim for a top ten defense? Brady had one for several years, Rodgers had one when he won the superbowl, Josh Allen has one every year and Burrow has one too so why shouldn't Pat?

Lol imagine there Chiefs fans who are HAPPY having average to below average defenses every year!!..smh :-)
Brady had one because his head coach is one of the most brilliant defensive minds of all time. Belechick could get more from less on defense.
[Reply]
tredadda 09:19 AM 02-23-2023
^ Truth. Our offense impacts our defense's numbers. Teams know KC will score and a lot so they have to do things they normally don't. Since Patrick started it is well known that kicking FGs is a way to lose. Teams have to score TDs.
[Reply]
crispystl 09:27 AM 02-23-2023
Originally Posted by O.city:
This.

Honestly, with Mahomes and Andy, the Chiefs should take a page out of that book.
If the Chiefs went all in on that strategy they'd be damn near impossible to beat.
Mahomes would pick up a ton of those 4th and <7
[Reply]
htismaqe 09:33 AM 02-23-2023
Originally Posted by crispystl:
If the Chiefs went all in on that strategy they'd be damn near impossible to beat.
Mahomes would pick up a ton of those 4th and <7
I'd be much more inclined to say Mahomes would pick up a ton of those 4th and >7.

We're terrible in short yardage situations, especially on 3rd and 4th down.

Just watch how the Eagles or Chargers do it when they're being aggressive. They run QB sneaks.

One, we don't even run QB sneaks. And second, when we do run in short yardage, we get stoned pretty much every time. It's kind of baffling actually, considering the strengths of our linemen.
[Reply]
tredadda 09:44 AM 02-23-2023
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
I'd be much more inclined to say Mahomes would pick up a ton of those 4th and >7.

We're terrible in short yardage situations, especially on 3rd and 4th down.

Just watch how the Eagles or Chargers do it when they're being aggressive. They run QB sneaks.

One, we don't even run QB sneaks. And second, when we do run in short yardage, we get stoned pretty much every time. It's kind of baffling actually, considering the strengths of our linemen.
I think the biggest reason why this team constantly gets stoned on 3rd or 4th and short is because we don't QB sneak and probably never will again as long as Andy coaches here. The QB sneak is effective because of the suddenness of it. The Oline can get enough of a push for the QB to gain the yard or less needed. KC will hand to the back that has to run 2-3 yards before getting to the line. By that time the LBs can get there to be extra defenders to stop it.

I would be curious however with how effective teams are in 4th and 2. Do they convert at a higher % than KC?
[Reply]
Page 13 of 13
« First < 3910111213
Up