ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum>The Rashad Fenton 7th rounder seems unlikely to activate.
Direckshun 09:02 AM 01-17-2023
What happened to this guy?

Was trying to look up his snap counts and such, to see if the conditional 7th rounder we acquired for him activated.

Obviously, we have no idea what the conditions of the pick are.

Here's what we do know:

Fenton has only played in two games for the Falcons. In Week 9, he took 0 defensive snaps, and played special teams on 5 snaps.

In Week 10, he played 66 snaps on defense, none on special teams.

For the rest of the season, he was was on the inactive list every single game from weeks 11-18, except for week 15, where he wasn't on the inactive list but still received a grand total of zero snaps.

So I don't know what the conditions of this were, but I doubt it was "we get a 7th if he rides the pine for you the rest of the season."
[Reply]
kccrow 04:19 AM 02-15-2023
It absolutely does depend on the conditions but we do not know what they were.

The question is does the pick transfer if conditions are met or does the pick upgrade if conditions are met?

I'm willing to bet it's not an upgrade to a 6th if conditions are met.

Usually, with "pick transfer" conditionals, the conditions are "on the roster for x games" or "played x% of snaps."

I'm betting it's on the roster for x games and he has a very solid chance of triggering that. Of course, if it's an "active roster" or "x snaps" trigger, then it probably won't transfer.
[Reply]
Halfcan 09:07 PM 02-15-2023
Rashard talked shit to Kelce and Mahomes during practice- then ended up on the bench in Atlanta. Strange career arc for sure.
[Reply]
Wilson8 10:51 AM 02-16-2023
I would like to receive a draft pick from Atlanta Falcons for the Fenton trade but bottom line, the Chiefs became a better team without Rashad Fenton.

Fenton did not have the speed to really stay with receivers and he tried to be physical in keeping the receiver off balance. That caused a problem with inopportune PI and holding penalties.

Our combination of Sneed, McDuffie, Williams, and Watson at CB were better without Rashad Fenton in the mix.
[Reply]
Couch-Potato 06:18 PM 02-16-2023
PFF has us with x3 6 round picks and x3 7th round picks currently?
[Reply]
Wilson8 06:28 PM 02-16-2023
Originally Posted by Couch-Potato:
PFF has us with x3 6 round picks and x3 7th round picks currently?
I think if there was a possibility of a draft pick, PFF has given it to the team.

Last I looked they still had the Chiefs down for two 3rd round picks. Not sure if they were doing that because they thought Eric B would be a head coach or they weren't considering the New York Giant trade.
[Reply]
BWillie 07:23 PM 02-16-2023
Originally Posted by Halfcan:
Rashard talked shit to Kelce and Mahomes during practice- then ended up on the bench in Atlanta. Strange career arc for sure.
I honestly think he got traded cuz he was a dbag. You could see it on the field too. He would kinda lose it sometimes.
[Reply]
Direckshun 10:14 AM 02-17-2023
Originally Posted by BWillie:
I honestly think he got traded cuz he was a dbag. You could see it on the field too. He would kinda lose it sometimes.
He was a difficult character.

Was he the kind of guy who, when he returned from injury, would be okay riding the pine and playing kickoff returns while three rookies took snaps from him?

I'm guessing not.
[Reply]
tyecopeland 09:44 PM 02-18-2023
Originally Posted by Direckshun:
He was a difficult character.

Was he the kind of guy who, when he returned from injury, would be okay riding the pine and playing kickoff returns while three rookies took snaps from him?

I'm guessing not.
Did he act out in Atlanta being inactive? Or are you just throwing shit at the wall?
[Reply]
Direckshun 04:23 PM 02-20-2023
Originally Posted by tyecopeland:
Did he act out in Atlanta being inactive? Or are you just throwing shit at the wall?
I have no idea if he acted out in Atlanta. And no, I don't wander the halls of One Arrowhead Drive, but I've been an athlete and a living, breathing adult for however many decades, so I know not-great behavior when I see it.

He acted out here. He pretended to fire a semiautomatic rifle into the air in an on field fight with another team.
[Reply]
Up