ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Media Center>Justified Revival?
Megatron96 02:03 PM 01-14-2023
So, just read about this a little while ago on my feed, so probably a coinflip whether there's actually something to it, but apparently "Justified," is going to have a revival. I loved the original, so kind of excited to see this if it comes true.
[Reply]
Zebedee DuBois 05:14 PM 01-16-2023
re-hiring the original writers, or getting great writers will be key, because -as previously said - the dialog is what made the show.
[Reply]
Raiderhater 06:52 PM 05-15-2023
We finally have a date, July 18th. I'm all in.

[Reply]
Bowser 04:02 PM 05-21-2023
Niiiice
[Reply]
Megatron96 05:05 PM 05-21-2023
Originally Posted by Zebedee DuBois:
re-hiring the original writers, or getting great writers will be key, because -as previously said - the dialog is what made the show.
100%. The writing was excellent in the series.
[Reply]
srvy 10:26 PM 05-21-2023
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
Is that a Rise of the Beasts-style Slag/Slug in your avi?
Isn't it the Green Goblin?
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 03:50 PM 05-24-2023
Originally Posted by srvy:
Isn't it the Green Goblin?
It is now.
[Reply]
Rausch 10:48 AM 05-29-2023
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
100%. The writing was excellent in the series.
Looking back there's a few meh TV moments but as a whole the show was great. Much like his carrer - a few meh moments but mostly great performances.

Being in this and Deadwood is a pretty damned good resume.
[Reply]
Raiderhater 04:58 PM 05-31-2023
Official trailer is out. This can't get here soon enough.

[Reply]
Raiderhater 05:27 PM 07-18-2023
Not only is it premier night, it looks like they are airing the first TWO episodes!

[Reply]
Jamie 06:59 PM 07-18-2023
First scene on Youtube. The daughter has an annoying baby voice. Maybe I'll get used to it, but I hope she isn't in it a lot...
[Reply]
kevrunner 07:27 PM 07-19-2023
Originally Posted by Jamie:
First scene on Youtube. The daughter has an annoying baby voice. Maybe I'll get used to it, but I hope she isn't in it a lot...
That’s his daughter in real life too.
[Reply]
Bwana 10:13 PM 07-19-2023
To each their own, but I wasn't overly impressed, with the first two episodes.
[Reply]
Raiderhater 05:01 PM 07-20-2023
Originally Posted by Bwana:
They took a little bit of time setting things up. Also, it has been stated by the show runners and Olyphant that this was both going to feel familiar and different than the original series.

I’m guessing with the protagonist officially on Raylan’s list now that it should start to roll at this point.
[Reply]
Rausch 04:40 PM 07-24-2023
Originally Posted by Bwana:
When I heard it was coming back I was so worried about this. I loved the original show and really didn't want a watered down or half assed 2nd run.

I haven't watched yet but will be.
[Reply]
Zebedee DuBois 12:05 PM 07-29-2023
I read a review about a series of reboots, including Justified, that questioned the 'why' of it. (obviously one 'why' is money). It mentioned that this storyline, while taken from the same author, did not have Rayland Givens in it - it had an altogether different protagonist. This reboot substitutes Givens in to a Detroit crime story and takes him out of his 'natural environment' of eastern Kentucky where his mannerisms are a more natural fit.

Does the Givens character work as well in this crime story? I think it is a little 'off' and not as compelling. The banter of the previous series is not as fluid.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Up