ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 10 of 10
« First < 678910
Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum>Jones...keep or get a haul?
Chris Meck 07:38 AM 12-05-2022
I'm just going to put this here.

But I see a lot of parallels to the Hill situation. Unquestionably elite player surrounded by JAGs. Potential huge haul in draft capital as well as salary cap relief.

Jones plus whatever dudes isn't getting it done. We won't be drafting in position to properly re-stock LT or DE if we keep him, and we can't afford top of the market replacements.

Maybe we should move him. What kind of haul do you think we could get?
[Reply]
Titty Meat 08:58 PM 01-25-2023
We already have a fuck ton of picks Extend Jones build an elite defensive line around him with said picks and you're winning multiple super bowls with that and 15 as your QB
[Reply]
Couch-Potato 06:22 AM 01-27-2023
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
We already have a **** ton of picks Extend Jones build an elite defensive line around him with said picks and you're winning multiple super bowls with that and 15 as your QB
This is the way.
[Reply]
mkp785 10:07 PM 01-29-2023
I think this question got answered......

SIGN THIS MAN!!!!!
[Reply]
Titty Meat 10:50 PM 01-29-2023
Lots of CP GMs would have returned us to the Carl days yikes
[Reply]
kccrow 11:26 PM 01-29-2023
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
Lots of CP GMs would have returned us to the Carl days yikes
You got one more year of him on his cheap $29 million deal. The question will be out there until Veach extends him.

Philadelphia doesn't have a single guy anywhere near the caliber of Chris Jones and they have 4 guys with 11 sacks and Cox had 7 this year. There is strength in number of quality players.

There are people here that think we should trade more draft capital than even Chris is worth AND then pay said player more than Chris is getting just to add more talent to the room. That's more absurd than paying Chris.

What sealed it for me after much open contemplation was really more the difficulty of getting a Chris Jones. Unlike 10 sack DEs, consistent 10+ sack DTs aren't exactly the norm. Also, Jones looks like a much better player this year than he ever has.
[Reply]
Rasputin 11:38 PM 01-29-2023
Even if you get a haul the odds of getting a HOF caliber player in his prime years that will step in his rookie year and replace Jones are not good. Good luck with that. I'd keep Jones. He deserves to get paid and I don't think he will break the bank.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 06:56 AM 01-30-2023
Jones just cemented himself a Chief, in my opinion. In a game in which we absolutely NEEDED him to dominate, he did.

I'm extending him and drafting to build the DL around him.
[Reply]
O.city 08:10 AM 01-30-2023
Dude just had an "over my dead body game". He's a Chief for life now.

He's the leader of the defense and along with Kelce and Pat, an overall team guy.

They aren't trading him.
[Reply]
Page 10 of 10
« First < 678910
Up