ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 10 of 10
« First < 678910
Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum>Okay, so what *is* your plan for the 2023 passrush?
Direckshun 03:43 PM 11-08-2022
Alright, it's bleeding into multiple threads, so let's forge a master thread to control all others, and into this thread we will pour our cruelty, our malice, and our will to dominate all life. Truly a thread to rule them all.

You guys shat on me when I wanted to pour two 1sts into Brian Burns. You guys shat on me when I wanted to pour two 1sts into Josh Allen. And just for fun a couple of you guys were jerks when I wanted to go sign Bradley Chubb this coming offseason.

Just a bunch of meanies.

So what is your plan, exactly? This team needs a front four that can get pressure, Karlaftis isn't developing with the speed we'd like, and Jones is the only guy who can get to the QB.

What's your plan?

Here's the free agent passrushers this coming offseason. And the Chiefs do have 11 draft picks, but only one 1st, one 2nd, and one 3rd.

Are you going to burn a 1st? You're probably going to need that 1st (plus additional ammo) to get the offensive tackle you're simultaneously complaining we need to replace Brown at LT. If you take the 1st for DL, you're tagging and/or extending Brown, and you should say so.

I assume you're cutting Frank Clark, so the Chiefs will have about $50m to play with, but this is your 2023 depth chart right now:

DE: Danna, Herring
DT: Jones,
DT:
DE: Karlaftis, Kaindoh

That's it, suckers. You're probably going to need to add two DEs, and three DTs, minimum.

Current Chiefs who will be RFA: Wharton

Current Chiefs who will be FA: Saunders, Nnadi, Dunlap, Stallworth, Shelton, Azur Kamara

So what's your plan? kccrow's? His top three DEs are Karlaftis, Mike Danna, and Dawuane Smoot. I'm underwhelmed and ashamed.

Whatever your plan is, be prepared for me to hate it. I just hate it already.
[Reply]
ntexascardfan 05:30 PM 01-02-2023
Get another quality DT to pair with Jones and count on Karlaftis taking a step this off-season.

Fastest way to the QB is up the middle and if we have two tackles demanding a lot of attention it'll free up the DE's and LBs to make more plays.
[Reply]
Toad 10:50 AM 01-11-2023
I’m stumped on Ngakoue.
He is a legit edge rusher averaging almost double digit sacks per year (9.3) despite being on 5 teams in his 7 years is the league.

So, Why is he being passed from team to team like a hot potato?
[Reply]
Couch-Potato 01:51 PM 01-12-2023
Originally Posted by Toad:
I’m stumped on Ngakoue.
He is a legit edge rusher averaging almost double digit sacks per year (9.3) despite being on 5 teams in his 7 years is the league.

So, Why is he being passed from team to team like a hot potato?
happens sometimes with DL, think Clowney and Suh. Not sure why.
[Reply]
kccrow 08:05 PM 03-14-2023
Originally Posted by kccrow:
lol.

To be fair, Dewuane Smoot is a better football player than Frank Clark can hope to be right now so that's an improvement no matter what. I did also mention elsewhere that if money permits you also add another one of similar caliber like Rasheem Greene or Charles Omenihu.

I also added a 4th round pass rusher in Keion White who you may just want to watch and I may have to move up in the future, to probably the 2nd round but at least the 3rd.

I also added at DT with Pickens in the 3rd to pair with keeping Saunders and Wharton.

I mean, that's 3 guys in one offseason which is likely what you can expect.

There isn't a big-named pass rusher available in free agency so you're already sucking wind there.

Now... IF KC re-signs OBJr, then I'm probably all in on going up for Notre Dame's Isaiah Foskey.

You know how I feel about OBJr though and it isn't positive in any way, shape, or form. I'd rather have protection for Mahomes and wait a year on the pass rush, which can still be similarly effective with my plan, than to trudge on with absolute garbage at tackle.
Omenihu in the bag.
I'm still all-in on Foskey. He's my #1 DE hope in the draft.
[Reply]
ntexascardfan 11:04 PM 03-14-2023
Keondre Coburn in the third would be a nice way to fill out DT.
[Reply]
ntexascardfan 04:17 PM 04-29-2023
Originally Posted by ntexascardfan:
Keondre Coburn in the third would be a nice way to fill out DT.
Even better in the sixth!
[Reply]
Abba-Dabba 05:59 PM 04-29-2023
Originally Posted by ntexascardfan:
Even better in the sixth!
Great call!

I like Keondre as well. Didn't think the Chiefs would be interested but I am glad they were.
[Reply]
Page 10 of 10
« First < 678910
Up