ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 3
< 123
Nzoner's Game Room>I bought Tim Donaghy's book
Vladimir_Kyrilytch 04:40 PM 10-28-2021
Ever since that playoff game against the Titans, wherein Derrick Johnson sacked Marcus Mariota and caused a fumble, only for the play to not stand, I've been suspicious of the officiating in this sport. That suspicion has only grown since then, with the Dee Ford offsides coming to mind, and the phantom holding that wiped out our first interception of Brady in the super bowl, among countless other examples over the years. I've noticed that my guy blackop has noticed some of the same things. I needed to know more.

So I thought to myself, VK, who would know a lot about rigging pro sports? How bout the pro official that got arrested by the FBI for fixing games, he might know something about it. Tim Donaghy is his name, and the NBA was his game. He wrote a book, I bought his book, and now I can't help but share a few excerpts.

It turns out he didn't start out by betting games he officiated. Instead, he bet on other games, using his knowledge of how pro-reffing works to his advantage. Fixing his own games came later.

A few excerpts I highlighted from the mere first two chapters.

First excerpt:
Spoiler!

Another:
Spoiler!

Another:
Spoiler!

Since Donaghy's time, as BlackOp has not missed, gambling has become inexorably linked to pro sports. Far more gambling money is involved now than the 90's-00's.
[Reply]
notorious 07:36 PM 01-30-2023
Originally Posted by Vladimir_Kyrilytch:
This might intrigue a Chiefs fan:
Wouldn't be surprised a bit this is why Mahomes doesn't get the late hit calls.
[Reply]
Vladimir_Kyrilytch 07:38 PM 01-30-2023
Originally Posted by Jewish Rabbi:
Not much for excerpts but would be interested in you inserting a cactus up your rectum
You're about one minute from me quoting the old testament to you, Rabbi
[Reply]
Jewish Rabbi 10:13 PM 01-30-2023
Originally Posted by Vladimir_Kyrilytch:
You're about one minute from me quoting the old testament to you, Rabbi
Quote my foot up your ass big boy
[Reply]
Vladimir_Kyrilytch 12:48 AM 01-31-2023
back to the book.

Originally Posted by :
With that advice, I started to back off. As a new ref, I was obviously receiving mixed signals. The officials in the NBA front office were telling us to do one thing, but the older veteran refs weren't complying. To fit in and "survive", I simply did what the older refs did, no more questions asked. I was slowly learning that NBA referees had their own way of officiating a professional basketball game."
-Donaghy, page 25.
[Reply]
Page 3 of 3
< 123
Up