ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 19 of 173
« First < 91516171819 202122232969119 > Last »
In Memoriam>Good news [Lonewolf Ed]
Lonewolf Ed 04:51 PM 01-24-2015
I thought I'd start a new thread for updates on my cancer treatments and whatever else is going on, since the bad news thread title is misleading now.

My last treatment went better than the previous two and my chest wound is still closed up, which is a good thing. My arm is getting slightly stronger and I hope to resume lifting dumbbells next week. I need to build up my strength again, because I am going back to Denmark in May and I am extremely pumped about that! I'd like to be able to schlepp my own checked bag and not have someone else lifting it for me.

It's going to be a fabulous trip, 6 weeks and a couple of days for me. My brother is going along as well as my friends Chipp and Rod. Chipp is staying close to 3 weeks and has not gone with me over there since 2006 so he is also very pumped to be going. It will be Rod's first trip and he will be there for 2 weeks. I will get to be a tour guide. Also, I am throwing a party in my favorite pub of all, the wonderful, ever-magnificent Irish House in Aalborg on May 7th. The owner and I are friends and he will give me a little discount. We'll have Irish stew and brews in the cellar and I hope to have around 25 family and friends there. I might bill it as the "Fu** Cancer Party." A few months back, I was not sure I'd ever be able to go over to Denmark again or if I'd even be alive, but the cancer hasn't gotten me yet. I'm doing a number on it, instead.

Some other cool things I plan to do when I am back in my ancestral lands include a wine tasting in a castle, touring another castle and the northernmost manor home in the country, and visiting Skagen, the top of Denmark, where you can stand on a little patch of beach and have one foot in one sea and one in another. They also have a brewpub up there I am wanting to check out. I will start and end my trip in Aalborg and spend 5 weeks in an apartment I rent that is very close to the beach. I can hardly wait for May 4th to roll around!
[Reply]
Lonewolf Ed 07:42 AM 04-28-2015
One more treatment awaits me before my trip. I pray the side effects are not bad, or at the very least, not while I am on airplanes Monday and Tuesday! Be merciful, chemo, please?
[Reply]
Meatloaf 09:22 AM 04-28-2015
Originally Posted by Lonewolf Ed:
One more treatment awaits me before my trip. I pray the side effects are not bad, or at the very least, not while I am on airplanes Monday and Tuesday! Be merciful, chemo, please?
Continued good luck to you, Ed. Hey, there are worse things than spending 6 hours in the bathroom of a commercial plane......but right now, I can't think of one. Anyway, here's hoping your treatment goes smoothly and that you enjoy the hell outa your trip!

Hey, are you gonna be able to post whilst in Europe? Hope to hear from you.
[Reply]
Lonewolf Ed 09:35 AM 04-28-2015
Originally Posted by Meatloaf:
Continued good luck to you, Ed. Hey, there are worse things than spending 6 hours in the bathroom of a commercial plane......but right now, I can't think of one. Anyway, here's hoping your treatment goes smoothly and that you enjoy the hell outa your trip!

Hey, are you gonna be able to post whilst in Europe? Hope to hear from you.
Thanks! Yes, I will have my ipad along and there is wifi all over the place in Denmark. I'll be checking the Planet for Royals and Chiefs news. Won't see any baseball over there, but lots of futbol!
[Reply]
Lonewolf Ed 10:41 AM 04-30-2015
I am waiting to have my pump removed and then I am done with this chemo jazz for 7 weeks. I feel slightly nauseated, didn't sleep much last night, my nose is stopped up, and my hands and feet are a bit tender. I need to get over these side effects fast since I am leaving on Monday for my trip. I hope I do get over them soon. Being miserbale before you get onto a plane is a bad deal.
[Reply]
go bo 12:19 PM 04-30-2015
you'll be fine, you're a fighter...

enjoy the hell out of denmark!!

wish i could go with you...
[Reply]
Lonewolf Ed 02:49 PM 04-30-2015
Originally Posted by go bowe:
you'll be fine, you're a fighter...

enjoy the hell out of denmark!!

wish i could go with you...
If only I could sleep on a plane for more than 15 or 20 minutes...

I'd be a good tour guide for you since I know lots of places to go see!
[Reply]
Meatloaf 02:55 PM 04-30-2015
If only I could sleep on a plane for more than 15 or 20 minutes...

I'd be a good tour guide for you since I know lots of places to go see!
Ed, take a book on Chemical Engineering (my daughter has several). Put you to sleep in no time!

Heck, once you see who the Chiefs draft, you'll be on Cloud 9 by Monday! Super Bowl City, here we come!!!

Anyway, rest easy and as others have said, enjoy the hell outa your trip!!!
[Reply]
Lonewolf Ed 03:00 PM 04-30-2015
Ed, take a book on Chemical Engineering (my daughter has several). Put you to sleep in no time!

Heck, once you see who the Chiefs draft, you'll be on Cloud 9 by Monday! Super Bowl City, here we come!!!

Anyway, rest easy and as others have said, enjoy the hell outa your trip!!!
Thank you very much! I am very interested in the draft, going to see the Avengers tomorrow, and of course, leave for Denmark on Monday, so my spirits are high despite some sore spots in my throat, feeling drained (chemo tends to wear a guy out), assorted body aches, neuropathy in my feet and fingers, and feeling a bit nauseated. If not for the draft, movie, and my trip, I'd be way down in the dumps!
[Reply]
Meatloaf 03:04 PM 04-30-2015
I expect a little Scarlett Johansson will pick your spirits right up......just what the doctor ordered!!!
[Reply]
Lonewolf Ed 03:08 PM 04-30-2015
I expect a little Scarlett Johansson will pick your spirits right up......just what the doctor ordered!!!
That woman would do wonders for me! She's half Danish like me, so I must stand a chance, right? :-)
[Reply]
Meatloaf 03:13 PM 04-30-2015
That woman would do wonders for me! She's half Danish like me, so I must stand a chance, right? :-)
That got me to wondering which half is Danish? Top or bottom. Hmmmm, I need to reflect on that for a few hours.

And as per "having a chance"........hey, who knows, every male in the entire world except you could suddenly vanish. So, yeah, I guess there's a chance!!!
[Reply]
Lonewolf Ed 03:17 PM 04-30-2015
That got me to wondering which half is Danish? Top or bottom. Hmmmm, I need to reflect on that for a few hours.

And as per "having a chance"........hey, who knows, every male in the entire world except you could suddenly vanish. So, yeah, I guess there's a chance!!!
I think the top half. Love those Danish dairy products!
[Reply]
Meatloaf 03:19 PM 04-30-2015
It appears the libido is working just fine. A bit more reflection on Ms Johansson and your entire body is gonna feel GREAT! Down boy, down.
[Reply]
raybec 4 03:23 PM 04-30-2015
Keep it up Ed and it won't just be your throat that's sore.
[Reply]
Lonewolf Ed 06:46 PM 04-30-2015
It appears the libido is working just fine. A bit more reflection on Ms Johansson and your entire body is gonna feel GREAT! Down boy, down.
I get to see her in action tomorrow at noon at the theater! Avengers assemble!
[Reply]
Page 19 of 173
« First < 91516171819 202122232969119 > Last »
Up