ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 234 of 286
« First < 134184224230231232233234 235236237238244284 > Last »
Media Center>*The NEW Movies Thread*
Bowser 11:09 AM 01-04-2014
Old one is crapping out the server, per the new guidelines.

Browse the old thread that is chock full of goodness here -

http://chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=172245
[Reply]
eDave 11:00 PM 12-16-2020
Just watched Her for the first time. Dang. Super cool movie.
[Reply]
kevrunner 02:29 AM 12-22-2020
For BMX fans, I just watched “The Ride” on Amazon, based on a true story.
[Reply]
sully1983 11:59 AM 12-22-2020
Sound of Metal was depressing as hell

Mank is great . Can't really go wrong with Gary Oldman or David Fincher.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 12:53 PM 12-22-2020
OH MY GOD

[Reply]
Cheater5 03:41 PM 12-22-2020
Have to admit that I’ve never seen Coming to America, only some funny clips. Maybe I’ll check it out but sometimes i feel like 80s movies that everyone loves aren’t all that hilarious in retrospect.

I likely need to take another Wellbutrin or something.
[Reply]
Easy 6 03:45 PM 12-22-2020
Originally Posted by Cheater5:
Have to admit that I’ve never seen Coming to America, only some funny clips. Maybe I’ll check it out but sometimes i feel like 80s movies that everyone loves aren’t all that hilarious in retrospect.

I likely need to take another Wellbutrin or something.
Its a beloved classic for good reason, you owe it to yourself to see it... one hilarious scene after another
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 03:50 PM 12-22-2020
Take it from a person who wouldn't watch a Tyler Perry movie if you paid him.

Coming to America transcends color. It's that fucking funny.
[Reply]
Buehler445 04:25 PM 12-22-2020
I watched Ava recently. I expected it to suck, so that may skew my perception a bit.

I really enjoyed it. A lot. You know how it goes with women going hand to hand with dudes. They block punches and do the same moves as the dudes and well, its stupid. The action was good. You could tell they were cognizant of her size and how it would actually go.

I'm a bit of a sucker for Jessica Chastain, and she was good it. Most notably, how she handled her mental trauma, how she dealt with her ex, her family dynamic, all of it was actually pretty compelling. And like I said, the action is good.

John Malkovich was awesome as John Malkovich typically is.

Colin Ferrell was a little bit over the top, but that's probably the writing.

Seeing Geena Davis be old, made me feel old. Fuck. She really killed it. Especially when she flipped the switch.

Overall, I'd recommend it. Good watch, IMO.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 04:57 PM 12-22-2020
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:

Coming to America transcends color. It's that fucking funny.
Someone should [heck someone probably has], in today's woke tokenistic entertainment landscape, write an article on how much more effective Eddie's take on the matter was. There for a good while until he started making kid-friendly movies, he was just point of fact making movies with black characters that lived in American culture without being bound by stigmas associated with black culture. Coming to America, Boomerang, Harlem Nights. They were black and they were American, but they weren't held back by anything. They were smart and wealthy and successful and they were protagonists. And they even poke fun at foibles and PC subjects without being mean or hurtful.
[Reply]
PunkinDrublic 06:20 PM 12-22-2020

Coming to America transcends color. It's that ****ing funny.
The whole time I’m watching it I’m thinking “For the love of God don’t put Kevin Hart in this movie”.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 06:57 PM 12-22-2020
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
Someone should [heck someone probably has], in today's woke tokenistic entertainment landscape, write an article on how much more effective Eddie's take on the matter was. There for a good while until he started making kid-friendly movies, he was just point of fact making movies with black characters that lived in American culture without being bound by stigmas associated with black culture. Coming to America, Boomerang, Harlem Nights. They were black and they were American, but they weren't held back by anything. They were smart and wealthy and successful and they were protagonists. And they even poke fun at foibles and PC subjects without being mean or hurtful.
I tried to force my girlfriend to watch Boomerang a few weeks ago and noted that to her. It's refreshing.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 08:58 PM 12-22-2020
I don't know when the change came, but at some point black people in entertainment started trying to be as IN YOUR FACE with their blackness as they possible could, for god knows what reason.

I grew up with Eddie Murphy, Bill Cosby, Chris Rock, Avery Brooks, Billy Dee Williams, Levar Burton and Carl Weathers in leading or high-profile supporting roles and nothing seemed off.

At some point there was a shift and black people started using their platforms to beat white people over the head with bludgeons of shame.

And I actually liked GET OUT, but enough is enough.

I'm looking forward to the pundits declaring C2A something that has "set back black culture in America by 50 years."

Uncle Eddie!
[Reply]
Baby Lee 09:28 PM 12-22-2020
I don't know when the change came, but at some point black people in entertainment started trying to be as IN YOUR FACE with their blackness as they possible could, for god knows what reason.

I grew up with Eddie Murphy, Bill Cosby, Chris Rock, Avery Brooks, Billy Dee Williams, Levar Burton and Carl Weathers in leading or high-profile supporting roles and nothing seemed off.

At some point there was a shift and black people started using their platforms to beat white people over the head with bludgeons of shame.

And I actually liked GET OUT, but enough is enough.

I'm looking forward to the pundits declaring C2A something that has "set back black culture in America by 50 years."

Uncle Eddie!
It's not just black entertainment, there seems to be a rejection of nuance.

Nothing can just exist and let you figure the 'lesson' out.

You can't have a gay character who just exists in the narrative. You have to have a GAY CHARACTER whose gay angst is central to the narrative.

You can't have a female action star [cough, Beatrix Kiddo], you have to have 'GIRLS GET IT DONE!!' montage in your Avengers.

Everything has to check a box, then tell the audience they checked the box, then celebrate the checking of the box.

I blame Bennetton.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 09:30 PM 12-22-2020
It's not just black entertainment, there seems to be a rejection of nuance.

Nothing can just exist and let you figure the 'lesson' out.

You can't have a gay character who just exists in the narrative. You have to have a GAY CHARACTER whose gay angest is central to the narrative.

You can't have a female action star [cough, Beatrix Kiddo], you have to have 'GIRLS GET IT DONE!!' montage in your Avengers.

I blame Bennetton.
Nothing can be interpreted anymore.

There is ONE interpretation and it is OUR INTERPRETATION!!!!!!!!!!!!11

BIGOT!!!!!!!!!!111one
[Reply]
Pepe Silvia 09:54 PM 12-22-2020
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
I tried to force my girlfriend to watch Boomerang a few weeks ago and noted that to her. It's refreshing.
Great movie, saw that in theaters actually.
[Reply]
Page 234 of 286
« First < 134184224230231232233234 235236237238244284 > Last »
Up