ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 49 of 71
« First < 394546474849 5051525359 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>How good are the Chiefs chances at the AFC's #1 seed?
MMXcalibur 07:21 PM 11-21-2021
Updated: 12/19

Teams that actually matter in this conversation:

Kansas City (10-4) (vs PIT, at CIN, at DEN)

New England (9-5) (vs BUF, vs JAC, at MIA)

Tennessee (9-5) (vs SF, vs MIA, at HOU)

Baltimore (8-5) (vs GB, at CIN, vs LAR, vs PIT)

Buffalo (8-6) (at NE, vs ATL, vs NYJ)

Indianapolis (8-6) (at ARI, vs LV, at JAC)

LA Chargers (8-6) (at HOU, vs DEN, at LV)

---

Being 1 game back with six games to play seems incredibly generous given our shitty tiebreaker situation. I'll put our odds at 99.9999999%
[Reply]
mr. tegu 11:52 AM 12-20-2021
Put me in the boat that if it comes to us controlling whether the Broncos or Chargers get in, we sit everyone, give Henne a bonus incentive based on INTs thrown, and lose that game.
[Reply]
BlackOp 11:58 AM 12-20-2021
Originally Posted by WilliamTheIrish:
It’s a fluid situation. You see, I read Kant, by the fireplace usually. And the NFL matrix is controlled by the Rothchilds, who were born of the devil when communism had sexual relations with the central bank. Therefore the blood sacrifices of Jesuits who also kiss Tom Brady’s kid on the mouth and you’ll see how the chiefs temporarily ended up in the drivers seat by sniff and the tears.
Approved...Kant's core message was about Human's inherent desire to do good.

You left out Brady's witch-wife's involvement in the "Mothers of Darkness"...and that the Vatican controls the Rothschilds and also invented the Mafia...which in turn created the NFL and Las Vegas. Communism was first conceived in 1780 as a covert scheme to ultimately infect/control the planet...Karl Marx was just a front man.

All roads lead to Rome...

That'll be $10.

Go Chiefs....
[Reply]
Mama Hip Rockets 12:39 PM 12-20-2021
Originally Posted by eDave:
50% seems low.
I agree. These are just mathematical odds, taking into consideration that the Chiefs still play 3 games vs. teams .500 or better, and 2 on the road. On paper, their schedule looks tougher than the Titans' or the Patriots'. However, in reality, they should win all 3 of those games.
[Reply]
Mama Hip Rockets 12:41 PM 12-20-2021
Originally Posted by BleedingRed:
Perfect weekend!

-Chiefs have epic game & Win

- Titans/Ravens/Patriots all take a L

-Tom Brady gets his shit pushed in

**** it feels good
Icing on the cake: Broncos lost as well.
[Reply]
InChiefsHeaven 12:47 PM 12-20-2021
Originally Posted by Sofa King:
Here's a look at the complete NFL playoff bracket for 2022:

AFC
1. Kansas City Chiefs (bye)
2. New England Patriots vs. 7. Buffalo Bills
3. Tennessee Titans vs. 6. Los Angeles Chargers
4. Cincinnati Bengals vs. 5. Indianapolis Colts

NFC
1. Green Bay Packers (bye)
2. Tampa Bay Buccaneers vs. 7. Washington Football Team
3. Dallas Cowboys vs. 6. San Francisco 49ers
4. Arizona Cardinals vs. 5. Los Angeles Rams

https://www.sportingnews.com/us/nfl/...y18b9zn95v20qr
While I'm sure the NFL wants to see Brady vs Belicheck, I'm sure the consolation prize of Mahomes vs Rogers would be acceptable.
[Reply]
WilliamTheIrish 03:37 PM 12-20-2021
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Here's the thing - if we don't get the bye, I really don't to play ANY of our likely opponents. I mean I think it will ultimately be swapping spots with Indy and they don't worry me much.

But honestly, the Patriots may be the team that least scares me out of the rest of the AFC playoff probables. The issue w/ the AFC hasn't been how these teams play on their best day - it's been that they're inconsistent.

But the Bills, Chargers, Colts, Bengals and Ravens have proven that on a good day they can beat anybody. The Titans as well if they somehow get Henry back by then. There isn't a free pass out of the first round this year unless some team like Denver or Pittsburgh backs into it.

Right now every team likely to make the playoffs in the AFC can do damage if they get there.

So yeah - I'd really like to get that bye and take one week of a potentially hot opponent off the table.
I know the bye makes a difference. But, in my opinion, those divisional playoff games are just a different animal. Cleveland took the Chiefs to the wire.

Against Houston, the Chiefs stepped on their anatomy for a quarter before blowing them out.

Indy the year before was less of a game. But the history of that team was a lot to overcome.

I’ve never felt anything less than confident when playing in the AFCCG. But those division playoff games leave everybody wracked with anxiety.
[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 03:40 PM 12-20-2021
Originally Posted by InChiefsHeaven:
While I'm sure the NFL wants to see Brady vs Belicheck, I'm sure the consolation prize of Mahomes vs Rogers would be acceptable.
I can't imagine that the ratings for NE-TB would be anywhere close to the ratings we'd see for KC-GB.
[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 03:43 PM 12-20-2021
Originally Posted by WilliamTheIrish:
I know the bye makes a difference. But, in my opinion, those divisional playoff games are just a different animal. Cleveland took the Chiefs to the wire.

Against Houston, the Chiefs stepped on their anatomy for a quarter before blowing them out.

Indy the year before was less of a game. But the history of that team was a lot to overcome.

I’ve never felt anything less than confident when playing in the AFCCG. But those division playoff games leave everybody wracked with anxiety.
I consider all of the divisional games under Mahomes to be easy wins. If Mahomes didn't leave the game, they would have beaten the Browns by 14+.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 04:37 PM 12-20-2021
Originally Posted by Mama Hip Rockets:
Icing on the cake: Broncos lost as well.
I wanted the Broncos to win.

Anything that keeps pressure on the Chargers is a good thing. We want them to keep the pedal down all the way through. The more they send guys like James and/or Allen out there at 70%, the more likely those guys are compromised in the post-season.

Don't let them come up for air. If the Broncos keep winning, the Chargers will have to respond in kind.
[Reply]
staylor26 05:48 PM 12-20-2021

Anything that keeps pressure on the Chargers is a good thing. We want them to keep the pedal down all the way through. The more they send guys like James and/or Allen out there at 70%, the more likely those guys are compromised in the post-season.

Don't let them come up for air. If the Broncos keep winning, the Chargers will have to respond in kind.
Exactly.

And though the Broncos didn’t win, the Chargers are now dealing with a COVID outbreak after a gut wrenching loss. Anything that makes them feel that pressure is icing on the cake.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 06:07 PM 12-20-2021

Drew Lock is going to turtle up unfortunately.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 10:32 PM 12-20-2021
Here's the thing - if we don't get the bye, I really don't to play ANY of our likely opponents. I mean I think it will ultimately be swapping spots with Indy and they don't worry me much.

But honestly, the Patriots may be the team that least scares me out of the rest of the AFC playoff probables. The issue w/ the AFC hasn't been how these teams play on their best day - it's been that they're inconsistent.

But the Bills, Chargers, Colts, Bengals and Ravens have proven that on a good day they can beat anybody. The Titans as well if they somehow get Henry back by then. There isn't a free pass out of the first round this year unless some team like Denver or Pittsburgh backs into it.

Right now every team likely to make the playoffs in the AFC can do damage if they get there.

So yeah - I'd really like to get that bye and take one week of a potentially hot opponent off the table.
Agreed across the board.
[Reply]
philfree 11:20 PM 12-20-2021
As much as we are in the driver's seat we haven't even clinched a playoff spot. At this point 11 Ws will get us in and 12 Ws will win the AFCW. This team has everything to play for so I don't see a letdown.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 12:07 AM 12-21-2021
Originally Posted by philfree:
As much as we are in the driver's seat we haven't even clinched a playoff spot. At this point 11 Ws will get us in and 12 Ws will win the AFCW. This team has everything to play for so I don't see a letdown.
11 Ws would also win us the AFCW if it's a win at Denver, I believe.

It's still very possible we'll have to win out to get the #1 seed given that we won't have the tiebreakers over NE and TEN.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 12:10 AM 12-21-2021
Originally Posted by KC_Connection:
11 Ws would also win us the AFCW if it's a win at Denver, I believe.

It's still very possible we'll have to win out to get the #1 seed given that we won't have the tiebreakers over NE and TEN.
If it was down to just us and the Titans, then I think you could realistically say that we could drop one and still take the 1 seed. I’m pretty confident the 49ers will beat them.

Patriots absolutely could lose to the Bills, but I’ll believe it when I see it.
[Reply]
Page 49 of 71
« First < 394546474849 5051525359 > Last »
Up