ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 3
< 12 3 >
Nzoner's Game Room>E-bikes
Stewie 01:53 PM 03-28-2023
I've been looking at e-bikes lately and I'm wondering if anyone here has advice.

It's quite obvious that 99% come from China, but most have decent components.

It gets boring on the elliptical and I miss riding. I'm at an age that be I can't deal with steep hills on a traditional bike.

Any help from e-bike owners would be appreciated.
[Reply]
Stewie 04:11 PM 03-28-2023
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
Those and the scooters are menace to pedestrians. People go way too fast on those near walkers.

If everyone used them instead of cars, it wouldn't be so much of a problem. But the challenges is the infrastructure is designed 85 percent for cars and 14 percent for pedestrians and 1 percent for bikes. The scooters and ebikes often end up intruding on the pedestrian space since they don't want to battle cars, and then they end up wiping out innocent walkers.

We need a hard reset on our transportation infrastructure.
I learned as a child that bicycles are not to be ridden on sidewalks. I guess some people do it anyway.
[Reply]
Stewie 04:27 PM 03-28-2023
Back to the topic of e-bikes for people that aren't terrified of being run over.

My top issues are:

Brakes: Must be hydraulic
Derailer: Shimano's better quality
Controller output 30 amp
Quick disconnect cables
Big display

I'll think of more...
[Reply]
RedRaider56 04:28 PM 03-28-2023
My next mountain bike will be an ebike. One knee is almost shot and the other knee has already been replaced, so not too many more miles left on my legs..
[Reply]
Stewie 06:21 PM 03-28-2023
Tucson Arizona has a 130 mile bike/walk trail that is completely paved. It's a big loop around the city. Stores, sites, art and other points of interest.

I thought I was lucky to be close to a 40 mile path, but wow.
[Reply]
DJJasonp 07:05 PM 03-28-2023
Originally Posted by permachief:
My wife and I have Lectric XP 2.0s. Hers is a White Step-thru model. Mine is the Black. Each one folds up and fits perfectly into a Husky 45 gal tote. Then both totes fit nicely into the back of our Nissan Rogue for easy transport. Good ebikes at a good price. We enjoy ours a lot.

My wife I have step thrus as well. Solid bikes though I’m ticked they just upped the battery life on new editions, so now is a good time to buy to get the extra battery life
[Reply]
Rain Man 07:06 PM 03-28-2023
Originally Posted by seclark:
Quit yelling at clouds
sec
There's a reason that clouds don't mess with me. I don't take any guff from them.
[Reply]
Chief Pagan 07:15 PM 03-28-2023
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
There's a reason that clouds don't mess with me. I don't take any guff from them.
If the clouds are yelling back...

...lay off the psychedelics/meth for a while.
[Reply]
KC-TBB 07:56 PM 03-28-2023
I've had 4 back surgeries so needed the E-bike to get me out on the road again. I turn 70 next month. I'm a big guy so needed a bike that could assist me up so pretty hilly streets in my town (living in Harpers Ferry, WV). There are so many choices but in the end you need to research the company who is manufacturing/selling it. My wife and I choice an Ecotric and have had good luck with them...Just be careful..it is easy to get going 20mph+ and potholes/speedbumps etc have a differing effect on a bike then a car.
[Reply]
Cosmos 08:14 PM 03-28-2023
I’ve been looking into a local brand named RAD.

They’re local in Huntington Beach, have a sales and repair presence, and let you schedule an hour test ride.

Be setting the ride up when the rain and my schedule give me the chance.

Taking right down to the beach.

Getting too old for the battery kick scooters I’ve been riding the past 4-5 summers.

Last crash hurt for too long..and in ground brass water sprinkler got me…that and the asphalt.

Prolly going to have to drop $1500 to $2G for what I’m looking for.

Good luck.
[Reply]
srvy 08:00 AM 03-29-2023

[Reply]
Lzen 08:06 AM 03-29-2023
https://www.livewire.com/livewire-on...MzMTFlYjg5YzBj
[Reply]
Lzen 08:06 AM 03-29-2023
Originally Posted by srvy:
Ah ha ha, you beat me to it.
[Reply]
Lzen 08:11 AM 03-29-2023
Funny thing is that while looking to make a joke about the Harley electric motorcycle, I came across electric bicycles with the Harley Davidson name. Had no idea these were a thing. Kind of expensive, though.

https://serial1.com/
[Reply]
Fat Elvis 09:32 AM 03-29-2023
Originally Posted by Stewie:
Back to the topic of e-bikes for people that aren't terrified of being run over.

My top issues are:

Brakes: Must be hydraulic
Derailer: Shimano's better quality
Controller output 30 amp
Quick disconnect cables
Big display

I'll think of more...
Not sure what your budget is, but given your requirements:

https://www.prioritybicycles.com/products/current
[Reply]
scho63 09:50 AM 03-29-2023
Be on the lookout for a Wolf on an e-bike. Big reward.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 3
< 12 3 >
Up