ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1 of 3
1 23 >
Nzoner's Game Room>E-bikes
Stewie 01:53 PM 03-28-2023
I've been looking at e-bikes lately and I'm wondering if anyone here has advice.

It's quite obvious that 99% come from China, but most have decent components.

It gets boring on the elliptical and I miss riding. I'm at an age that be I can't deal with steep hills on a traditional bike.

Any help from e-bike owners would be appreciated.
[Reply]
Balto 01:56 PM 03-28-2023
I've been told that what ever you buy make sure that the battery can be replaced. I'm sure all the newest ones can these days /shrug.
[Reply]
Otter 02:03 PM 03-28-2023
The first thing I would do is more peddling up steep hills.
[Reply]
Stewie 03:23 PM 03-28-2023
Originally Posted by Balto:
I've been told that what ever you buy make sure that the battery can be replaced. I'm sure all the newest ones can these days /shrug.
Most bike batteries can be replaced. Some high end bikes have designs that don't make it easy to replace and expensive.

It's crazy, but some e-bikes run 35+ mph without a problem. Legal? Not really. Available? Yes.
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 03:28 PM 03-28-2023
I've been wanting one. Thanx for this thread. Hopefully we get some good advice here
[Reply]
Rain Man 03:33 PM 03-28-2023
I was reading about fire safety regarding ebike batteries, and the article advised strongly that one should only buy ebikes above $800 as a general rule, because the cheaper ones are using some kind of loophole to get around battery safety requirements.
[Reply]
Molitoth 03:44 PM 03-28-2023
I have this one and I absolutely love it.
I've tried a few other models and they were not it.

https://www.magicyclebike.com/produc...ke-pearl-white
[Reply]
Stewie 03:45 PM 03-28-2023
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
I was reading about fire safety regarding ebike batteries, and the article advised strongly that one should only buy ebikes above $800 as a general rule, because the cheaper ones are using some kind of loophole to get around battery safety requirements.
True. I don't think the problem is unique to e-bikes. Lithium batteries built by reputable companies have caught fire... from automobiles to cell phones.
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 03:46 PM 03-28-2023
Aren't you glad you weren't run over by an Ebike going 30. That could have been a disaster !
[Reply]
permachief 03:47 PM 03-28-2023
My wife and I have Lectric XP 2.0s. Hers is a White Step-thru model. Mine is the Black. Each one folds up and fits perfectly into a Husky 45 gal tote. Then both totes fit nicely into the back of our Nissan Rogue for easy transport. Good ebikes at a good price. We enjoy ours a lot.
[Reply]
Stewie 03:57 PM 03-28-2023
Originally Posted by permachief:
My wife and I have Lectric XP 2.0s. Hers is a White Step-thru model. Mine is the Black. Each one folds up and fits perfectly into a Husky 45 gal tote. Then both totes fit nicely into the back of our Nissan Rogue for easy transport. Good ebikes at a good price. We enjoy ours a lot.
I've been looking at Lectric, Aventure and Philodo. Man, their specs are so similar.
[Reply]
HemiEd 03:59 PM 03-28-2023
Saw one last Friday for the first time in Branson. The guy was walking it and I guessed it was out of juice but don't know for sure. :-)
[Reply]
Rain Man 04:00 PM 03-28-2023
Originally Posted by Hog's Gone Fishin:
Aren't you glad you weren't run over by an Ebike going 30. That could have been a disaster !
Those and the scooters are a menace to pedestrians. People go way too fast on those near walkers.

If everyone used them instead of cars, it wouldn't be so much of a problem. But the challenges is the infrastructure is designed 85 percent for cars and 14 percent for pedestrians and 1 percent for bikes. The scooters and ebikes often end up intruding on the pedestrian space since they don't want to battle cars, and then they end up wiping out innocent walkers.

We need a hard reset on our transportation infrastructure.
[Reply]
seclark 04:03 PM 03-28-2023
Those and the scooters are menace to pedestrians. People go way too fast on those near walkers.

If everyone used them instead of cars, it wouldn't be so much of a problem. But the challenges is the infrastructure is designed 85 percent for cars and 14 percent for pedestrians and 1 percent for bikes. The scooters and ebikes often end up intruding on the pedestrian space since they don't want to battle cars, and then they end up wiping out innocent walkers.

We need a hard reset on our transportation infrastructure.
Quit yelling at clouds
sec
[Reply]
HemiEd 04:05 PM 03-28-2023
Originally Posted by seclark:
Quit yelling at clouds
sec
:-)

I think they are kind of interesting in the right situation.
[Reply]
Page 1 of 3
1 23 >
Up