ChiefsPlanet Mobile
View Poll Results: What's the SHORTEST prison sentence that would compel you to jump bail and flee?
One night - you can't cage this tiger. 6 12.50%
30 days - I've been wanting to start a new life anyway. 1 2.08%
90 days - I could rebuild the splendor of my life in three months, I think. 1 2.08%
6 months - I never really liked my name anyway. Might as well run. 1 2.08%
1 year - That's over 1 percent of the average life span. 5 10.42%
3 years - I'm too pretty to go to prison. 4 8.33%
5 years - That's longer than high school, and with more bullying. 4 8.33%
10 years - I can't miss the best years of my life. It's worth a try. 9 18.75%
20 years - Do you know how long 20 years is? It's longer than the Pioli era. 7 14.58%
30 years - They'll never take me alive. 2 4.17%
Life without parole - Might as well try. What is there to lose? 5 10.42%
Death penalty - Even if the last meal is great, it's not that great. I'll run. 3 6.25%
I would serve my sentence like a good citizen. Only cowards run. 0 0%
No need to run. I have enough money to bribe people. 0 0%
This reminds me. I need to dig another hole in my basement. 0 0%
Voters: 48. You may not vote on this poll
Page 4 of 5
< 1234 5 >
Nzoner's Game Room>What length of prison sentence would make you saw off your ankle monitor and flee?
Rain Man 11:36 AM 03-28-2023
Hypothetical here, completely hypothetical.

Let's assume that you committed a crime and you were 99.5 percent certain that you were going to be convicted. Since you've never had so much as a traffic ticket prior to this issue, the judge decides that you can stay home with an ankle monitor while awaiting trial.

You can certainly opt to do the time since you did the crime. However, you look out your window and see the open road, and the only things between you and potential freedom is that device on your ankle and a likelihood that you'll be caught if you go to most places worth going to.

If you're facing a one-night jail sentence, you're probably not going to jump bail and flee. If you're facing the death sentence, it might be worth it to take a shot at building a new life somewhere else with a fake name and social security number. Somewhere in between lies the tipping point between staying and fleeing.

What's the SHORTEST sentence that you would face where you would decide to take your chances hopping on freight trains and working for cash with a floppy-brimmed hat over your face?

Poll coming as soon as the jury returns.

And if you would choose to flee, what would your plan be once you chew off your foot or otherwise remove the ankle bracelet?

Rules clarification:

1. The amounts in your poll are the actual time served. Don't assume that you'll get time off for good behavior to shorten it.
2. Of course, if you get caught fleeing you'll get additional charges and time as appropriate.
[Reply]
Why Not? 12:57 PM 03-28-2023
As KCJake illustrates above, the chances of getting away with this are very slim. Some others brought up a good point that it's not like even if you got away, you'd be able to get your family and get everyone to a small Panamanian village or something. So ultimately, I'd rather spend my life in prison where at least I can see my family every week, vs probably being killed in a shootout (If I get away, I am not "going back" so to speak) or sent to a prison where my family had limited ability to see me. If I got the death penalty though, I'm doing it and going down in a blaze of glory (the scumbag hypothetical me. The real me would never hurt anyone if self or the defense of others was not in play)
[Reply]
BWillie 12:59 PM 03-28-2023
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
I'd stick around for a 20-year sentence or less.

21-25 would have me heavily considering bolting.

25+ and American soil would never see me again.
20 yearsbis 20% to 30% your life. Can't put a price on those years. I really dont understand why more people dont bolt. Im not wasting 30% of my life when there is a 90% chance I can live in another country and serve zero of it. Granted I would never put myself in that situation but Id be outta here.

I guess I don't really value family that much. They can come visit me in Colombia if they want. Blows my mind people serve 20 year sentences yet were out on bail/bond temporarily
[Reply]
Rain Man 01:04 PM 03-28-2023
Originally Posted by BWillie:
20 yearsbis 20% to 30% your life. Can't put a price on those years. I really dont understand why more people dont bolt. Im not wasting 30% of my life when there is a 90% chance I can live in another country and serve zero of it. Granted I would never put myself in that situation but Id be outta here.

I guess I don't really value family that much. They can come visit me in Colombia if they want.
I don't know how extradition treaties work, and what countries have them Would the US really send someone to Bhutan to get me if I fled? Does it depend on how bad the crime is?

I'm not sure if the odds are 90 percent that another country would mean freedom, unless maybe it's a short sentence for something non-heinous. Maybe it is, though. I've never been extradited for a crime.

I guess you could bribe the police in some third-world country if you had enough money, but then you'd have to move to a different country because they're going to start shaking you down every month. It seems ilke it would be a hassle to bribe your way out of extradition, even if it's possible.
[Reply]
Womble 01:16 PM 03-28-2023
Imagine supporting the Chiefs for your whole life and as soon as they start winning you commit a crime that will put you behind bars for the majority of Mahomes's career. And the offense you commited was done to fund your attention seeking fandom.

What a penis.
[Reply]
Balto 01:16 PM 03-28-2023
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
I don't know how extradition treaties work, and what countries have them Would the US really send someone to Bhutan to get me if I fled? Does it depend on how bad the crime is?

I'm not sure if the odds are 90 percent that another country would mean freedom, unless maybe it's a short sentence for something non-heinous. Maybe it is, though. I've never been extradited for a crime.

I guess you could bribe the police in some third-world country if you had enough money, but then you'd have to move to a different country because they're going to start shaking you down every month. It seems ilke it would be a hassle to bribe your way out of extradition, even if it's possible.
You stated that no priors not even a speeding ticket correct? If true then I'm thinking I'm an average joe and finding out how to get a fake passport could almost be impossible.

Best odds would be have a friend willing to help out that even slightly looks like you. That friend could claim that you must have took your passport or whatever story while you get out of dodge.
[Reply]
Skyy God 01:49 PM 03-28-2023
Related question is which non-extradition country would be the best choice to land in.

https://worldpopulationreview.com/co...ut-extradition

Based on minimal consideration, I say Belarus.
[Reply]
MarkDavis'Haircut 02:07 PM 03-28-2023
Originally Posted by unBelizable:
Related question is which non-extradition country would be the best choice to land in.

UnBelizable that Belize allows extradition.
[Reply]
mr. tegu 02:08 PM 03-28-2023
I have a wife and kids so that complicates things. Either I flee and never even speak to them again, much less see them, or I wait it out and at least have some normal years to look forward to. I guess my only hope it’s after a year or so they stop monitoring my family but that’s quite the gamble. Now if I flee and go do something amazing like saving people or something, maybe I can get public sentiment to be let go and return home.
[Reply]
BWillie 02:13 PM 03-28-2023
Originally Posted by unBelizable:

Indonesia
[Reply]
Spott 02:13 PM 03-28-2023
Originally Posted by KCJake:
That's about where I'm at. 5 year sentence, you could still rebuild. Not too much would be different when you got out. You get up around 10 years, fck that. I'm running
Yeah, 5-7 seems like you might be able to rebuild and have a somewhat decent life afterwards. If you are gonna get 10 or more, it’s definitely worth the extra time on your sentence to risk it. You could probably just join a homeless encampment somewhere if you didn’t want to leave the country.
[Reply]
Stewie 02:18 PM 03-28-2023
As this relates to Chiefsaholic, I'd have done the same damn thing. He's probably looking at 25 for armed robbery. A chance at freedom vs. another 10 years is worth it.
[Reply]
Skyy God 02:20 PM 03-28-2023
Originally Posted by Spott:
Yeah, 5-7 seems like you might be able to rebuild and have a somewhat decent life afterwards. If you are gonna get 10 or more, it’s definitely worth the extra time on your sentence to risk it. You could probably just join a homeless encampment somewhere if you didn’t want to leave the country.
Chiefsaholic would 100% run his mouth and get turned in for the reward.
[Reply]
Skyy God 02:21 PM 03-28-2023
Originally Posted by MarkDavis'Haircut:
UnBelizable that Belize allows extradition.
It’s a nice country.

There are signs around the airport promising prison if you fuck a minor.
[Reply]
Rainbarrel 02:23 PM 03-28-2023
I think Raider fans wear their getup 24/7
Food for thought
[Reply]
Balto 02:24 PM 03-28-2023
Originally Posted by mr. tegu:
I have a wife and kids so that complicates things. Either I flee and never even speak to them again, much less see them, or I wait it out and at least have some normal years to look forward to. I guess my only hope it’s after a year or so they stop monitoring my family but that’s quite the gamble. Now if I flee and go do something amazing like saving people or something, maybe I can get public sentiment to be let go and return home.
Take them with you? You get a new name...you get a new name...we all get new names!
[Reply]
Page 4 of 5
< 1234 5 >
Up