ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 5 of 23
< 12345 678915 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Lamar Jackson has asked Baltimore to trade him
RunKC 08:51 AM 03-27-2023

in regards to my future plans. As of March 2nd I requested a trade from the Ravens organization for which the Ravens has not been interested in meeting my value, any and everyone that’s has met me or been around me know I love the game of football and my dream is to help a team

— Lamar Jackson (@Lj_era8) March 27, 2023

win the super bowl. You all are great but I had to make a business decision that was best for my family and I. No matter how far I go or where my career takes me, I’ll continue to be close to my fans of Baltimore Flock nation and the entire State of Maryland. You’ll See me again

— Lamar Jackson (@Lj_era8) March 27, 2023

[Reply]
BryanBusby 10:01 AM 03-27-2023
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
Is becoming more of a passer really in his best interest, though? He's really good at one thing, the best in the league at it. You almost need to find an NFC team that has no receivers and see if you can run the guy to a super bowl anomaly.
If you can squeeze a Vick with the Eagles result from him you've got a contender if his legs aren't shot.
[Reply]
LoneWolf 10:01 AM 03-27-2023
Originally Posted by unBelizable:
Apparently like you love double posting.
Hey, bitch boy, I Belize you still have some evidence to post to satisfy your end of a bet.
[Reply]
Gravedigger 10:01 AM 03-27-2023
He asked for the trade almost a month ago, and no traction so far that we've been aware of. Nobody is willing the pay the two 1sts to get him away with an offer sheet, and nobody is willing to go higher than that for a trade. Lamar backed himself into a corner on this one and will likely have to take less money as the Ravens have him locked down.
[Reply]
ModSocks 10:02 AM 03-27-2023
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Eh - offer sheets on a non-exclusive franchise tag are pretty cost prohibitive. 2 first rounders is steep.
I can't imagine the Ravens would ask for less on a formal trade.

Quite frankly, i'd expect them to ask for more than just two first rounders.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 10:02 AM 03-27-2023
Also of note: apparently Dan Marino, Brett Favre, and Jim Kelly both scored 15 on their Wonderlic.

Donovan McNabb scored a 14.

Lamar Jackson scored a 13.
[Reply]
Pablo 10:04 AM 03-27-2023
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
Also of note: apparently Dan Marino, Brett Favre, and Jim Kelly both scored 15 on their Wonderlic.

Donovan McNabb scored a 14.

Lamar Jackson scored a 13.
A 13 is pretty good for a running back
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:05 AM 03-27-2023
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
I can't imagine the Ravens would ask for less on a formal trade.

Quite frankly, i'd expect them to ask for more than just two first rounders.
That wouldn't make any sense - why would a team ever give more? If Jackson isn't willing to play on the tag, his stand-alone rights have very little value. So why wouldn't you just offer him what you'd offer him and give up the 2 firsts?

No, they're not asking for more than that because there's just no way to leverage it that way.

I'd bet they're asking for less because at this point they WANT to move on from him. And if nobody will give up the 2 firsts, they might be able to get 1. Or a couple seconds or whatever.

Jackson is a distressed asset at this point and they'd be looking to get him moved for less than the tag requirements.
[Reply]
The Franchise 10:05 AM 03-27-2023
Originally Posted by Gravedigger:
He asked for the trade almost a month ago, and no traction so far that we've been aware of. Nobody is willing the pay the two 1sts to get him away with an offer sheet, and nobody is willing to go higher than that for a trade. Lamar backed himself into a corner on this one and will likely have to take less money as the Ravens have him locked down.
He could hold out and fuck them capwise. Sure...he loses a year of eligibility and the $32 million but it's not like he gives a shit right now. Or it doesn't seem like he does.
[Reply]
BryanBusby 10:05 AM 03-27-2023
Originally Posted by Gravedigger:
He could hold out.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:08 AM 03-27-2023
Wouldn't technically be a hold-out as I don't believe he's actually signed his tender. It would be similar to the OBJ thing from last year where he just delays signing the tender. And the Ravens could likewise yank the thing but I don't think they'd do it.

I wonder if the trade request is more to send a signal to Baltimore that he would be willing to sign the tender in a sign/trade scenario. Because technically the Ravens really couldn't trade him if he hasn't signed the franchise tender.
[Reply]
Bearcat 10:09 AM 03-27-2023
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
It just gets annoying as fuck when it's hammered on over and over.
You would love the NBA thread!
[Reply]
KCUnited 10:10 AM 03-27-2023
Highest scoring QB on the Windowlick test though
[Reply]
BryanBusby 10:12 AM 03-27-2023
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Wouldn't technically be a hold-out as I don't believe he's actually signed his tender. It would be similar to the OBJ thing from last year where he just delays signing the tender. And the Ravens could likewise yank the thing but I don't think they'd do it.

I wonder if the trade request is more to send a signal to Baltimore that he would be willing to sign the tender in a sign/trade scenario. Because technically the Ravens really couldn't trade him if he hasn't signed the franchise tender.
Technically yeah that would be correct. Makes it tougher on the Ravens since they can't fine him.
[Reply]
wazu 10:14 AM 03-27-2023
Raven fans not happy.

Lamar Jackson’s trade request has elicited strong reactions in Baltimore pic.twitter.com/nheH3AQUrP

— Stavros Halkias (@stavvybaby) March 27, 2023

[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:14 AM 03-27-2023
Originally Posted by BryanBusby:
Technically yeah that would be correct. Makes it tougher on the Ravens since they can't fine him.
Right. He has a lot of control over the timelines here but he needs to develop a market for that to matter.

Dude needs to hire an agent. This is silly.
[Reply]
Page 5 of 23
< 12345 678915 > Last »
Up