ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 13 of 23
« First < 3910111213 14151617 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Lamar Jackson has asked Baltimore to trade him
RunKC 08:51 AM 03-27-2023

in regards to my future plans. As of March 2nd I requested a trade from the Ravens organization for which the Ravens has not been interested in meeting my value, any and everyone that’s has met me or been around me know I love the game of football and my dream is to help a team

— Lamar Jackson (@Lj_era8) March 27, 2023

win the super bowl. You all are great but I had to make a business decision that was best for my family and I. No matter how far I go or where my career takes me, I’ll continue to be close to my fans of Baltimore Flock nation and the entire State of Maryland. You’ll See me again

— Lamar Jackson (@Lj_era8) March 27, 2023

[Reply]
FloridaMan88 09:44 AM 03-28-2023
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Will this guy ever stop crying about Lamar?

Brock Purdy has the same # of career playoff wins as Lamar.
[Reply]
The Franchise 09:45 AM 03-28-2023
It seems like so many people are desperate to paint this narrative that Lamar is being done wrong. It's so fucking stupid.
Because they'll never admit that Lamar did this to himself. Lamar wanted to do this without an agent. Lamar was looking for guaranteed money when he's proven that it would be a bad investment for teams.

He wants teams to be on the hook for when he gets injured again...instead of acting like he just wants to play football and get paid according to what he's done.

You can't tell me that there wouldn't be teams out there lining up to pay Lamar $30+ million a season. They just don't want to do that when it's fully guaranteed and you're negotiating with the player himself.
[Reply]
Shields68 09:45 AM 03-28-2023
Will this guy ever stop crying about Lamar?

Though there are reports that the commanders are not a player due Snyder's finances. He is looking to sell and he may not be able/want to escrow the 250 million contract.
[Reply]
tredadda 09:47 AM 03-28-2023
It seems like so many people are desperate to paint this narrative that Lamar is being done wrong. It's so fucking stupid.

Maybe, just maybe, it's Lamar, not the rest of the NFL?
It's the offseason so they have to hunt to find narratives to fill time. Sad, but true. Regarding Jackson, we all know what the Ravens offered and he rejected. What we don't currently know is what he is demanding. We have plenty of rumors, but nothing from him. I think we all know why. If he were to come out with what his contract demands are then he loses the "poor me" narrative.
[Reply]
staylor26 09:48 AM 03-28-2023
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
Because they'll never admit that Lamar did this to himself. Lamar wanted to do this without an agent. Lamar was looking for guaranteed money when he's proven that it would be a bad investment for teams.

He wants teams to be on the hook for when he gets injured again...instead of acting like he just wants to play football and get paid according to what he's done.

You can't tell me that there wouldn't be teams out there lining up to pay Lamar $30+ million a season. They just don't want to do that when it's fully guaranteed and you're negotiating with the player himself.
100%

And one thing nobody seems to be talking about is that the guy clearly sat out of a playoff game because of his contract situation. Teams aren't going to like that coming from the QB position. Mahomes, Burrow, and Allen would never.
[Reply]
tredadda 09:54 AM 03-28-2023

Teams would probably be looking to pay him $45+ million a year. I agree that they do not want to guarantee it all. Twice teams have signed their QB to a fully guaranteed contract. Both times it was a poor decision. They do not want to set a precedent in doing this, nor should they. No player, not even Mahomes is worth a fully guaranteed contract due to the nature of the sport and risk of injury.

If what most Ravens fans believe is true that he sat out the playoff game so as to not risk a larger injury then he will find far fewer takers for his services. Not many teams will be willing to pay nine figures for a QB who made business decisions with his team in the playoffs.
[Reply]
tredadda 09:55 AM 03-28-2023
100%

And one thing nobody seems to be talking about is that the guy clearly sat out of a playoff game because of his contract situation. Teams aren't going to like that coming from the QB position. Mahomes, Burrow, and Allen would never.
Heck Purdy went back in and he couldn't even throw the ball. I can't think of any QB who sits out unless they have an injury that physically won't allow them to play.
[Reply]
Gravedigger 10:11 AM 03-28-2023
Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88:
Brock Purdy has the same # of career playoff wins as Lamar.
And can't negotiate for Deshaun Watson money for a few more years.
[Reply]
staylor26 11:04 PM 03-28-2023

I don’t remember me sitting out on my guys week 1 vs jets To week 12 vs Broncos. How come all of a sudden I sit out because of money in which I could’ve got hurt at anytime within that time frame �� When we know the Super Bowl been on my mind since April 2018.

— Lamar Jackson (@Lj_era8) March 29, 2023

Somebody needs to tell dude to just :-)
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 11:11 PM 03-28-2023
Lamar needs an agent, a publicist, an English teacher, a passing teacher…
[Reply]
KCUnited 11:20 PM 03-28-2023

[Reply]
Chief Pagan 11:40 PM 03-28-2023
100%

If a team let's the QB get to the final year of the contract, or makes him play under the franchise tag, I'm not sure I blame him for sitting out.

As a fan of the team it would suck, but if you haven't been able to come agreement with the team and have doubts you will...

An injury could cost him what? 9 figures?

I don't care for Lamar but let's not pretend this isn't a business even if he is an idiot for not having an agent.
[Reply]
staylor26 11:48 PM 03-28-2023
Originally Posted by Chief Pagan:
If a team let's the QB get to the final year of the contract, or makes him play under the franchise tag, I'm not sure I blame him for sitting out.

As a fan of the team it would suck, but if you haven't been able to come agreement with the team and have doubts you will...

An injury could cost him what? 9 figures?

I don't care for Lamar but let's not pretend this isn't a business even if he is an idiot for not having an agent.
I can maybe understand during the regular season, but the playoffs? GTFOH

And you act like the Ravens haven't given Lamar a fair offer. The issue is that he's not being reasonable because he has no agent and is representing himself rather poorly.

Anyways, I want my QB to be a competitive borderline asshole like Mahomes, not somebsky who would pass on an opportunity to go on a SB run.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 07:19 AM 03-29-2023

He also sat out during a playoff run when he was merely trying to protect his earning potential.

Imagine what he'd do AFTER he gets a bunch of guarantees.

That possibility vanished once he decided he put his money ahead of his team. And again - I can even understand why he did it. But that doesn't mean there aren't consequences.

Ask Mathieu how the league views business decisions.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 07:37 AM 03-29-2023
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
He also sat out during a playoff run when he was merely trying to protect his earning potential.
Has this been confirmed?
[Reply]
Page 13 of 23
« First < 3910111213 14151617 > Last »
Up