ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum>Mock (3/27)
Direckshun 07:40 AM 03-27-2023
Assumptions:

1. Prior to the draft, the Chiefs trade their 3rd round pick (96) and LB Willie Gay to the Cardinals for WR DeAndre Hopkins and a 2024 4th round pick.

2. The Chiefs trade RB Clyde Edwards-Helaire for a 6th round pick.

3. The CB Rashad Fenton 7th round pick does not qualify.

4. NFL Draft selections:
1.31. DT Keeanu Benton, Wisconsin
2.63. The Chiefs trade their 2024 3rd to move up to 2.49. DE Keion White, Georgia Tech
4.122. RB Kenny McIntosh, Georgia
4.134. S Brandon Joseph, Notre Dame
5.166. QB Jake Haener, Fresno State
6.178. LB Ivan Pace, Cincinnati
6.191 (Edwards-Helaire). LB Ventrell Miller, Florida
6.217. DE Jose Ramirez, Eastern Michigan
7.249. RB Xazavian Valladay, Arizona State
7.250. DT Jerrad Clark, Coastal Carolina
5. After the draft, the Chiefs sign WR Justin Watson, extend CB L'Jarius Sneed for 3 years, $42m.

The roster:

QB: Mahomes, Haener, Buechele
RB: Pacheco, McIntosh, Valladay
FB: some guy

WR: Hopkins, Toney, Valdez-Scantling, Moore, Watson, Ross
TE: Kelce, Gray, Bell, Fortson

LT: Wright, Thuney
LG: Thuney, Allegretti
C: Humphrey, Allegretti
RG: Smith, Kinnard
RT: Niang, Wanogho

DE: Omenihu, White, Ramirez
DT: Jones, Wharton
DT: Benton, Nnadi, Clark
DE: Karlaftis, Danna

WLB: Tranquill, Miller
MLB: Bolton, Pace
SLB: Chenal, Cochrane

CB: Sneed, McDuffie, Watson, Williams, Johnson
S: Reid, Edwards, Cook, Joseph

K: Butker
P: Townsend
LS: Winchester
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 07:31 AM 03-28-2023
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
I think the scenario where you trade up in the second and use your first on DL and end up with Benton and Keion White is a reasonable/realistic one. I just would swap the players (White at 31, Benton at 52).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'd stay put and draft Zack Harrison or Tennessee's Byron Young with 63rd pick if the Chiefs don't go for an Edge in the 1st round.
[Reply]
Direckshun 08:31 AM 03-28-2023
Originally Posted by Couch-Potato:
Good work! Somewhat unique, I like it!

Here's some thoughts:

-I've been worrying myself that maybe Gay or Sneed end up as part of a pkg, I hope not, but I really want Hopkins too!

-Trade CEH where? lol I'd like to move him too, but I'm not sure where he'd fit. Can we please send him and 3rd for D-Hop? lol

-I agree that if WE want Benton that we're going to have to take him in the 1st or trade up in the 2nd. Some might say those names should be swapped, but there are only 4 top tier NT types in this year's draft (Carter, Breese, Smith, Benton) so it could play out the way OP mocked IMO.

-Tough not having a OL or WR anywhere in the draft, but I understand your arguments against.

-Nice finish with Jerod Clark!

-It's my hope that Tranquill gives us more versatility, not makes Gay expendable.
I'm not sure where they trade Clyde to, and the more I think about it, the trade that makes the most sense for him is a 2024 conditional.

The team that trades for him just can't be certain they're getting him for 10+ games.
[Reply]
Direckshun 08:33 AM 03-28-2023
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
Let me try again-

I like the player, but that's at least a round too early.

If you're not posting for honest criticism, what is your point, exactly?
Because it's almost April 1st, and you guys always have the same criticisms, and it gets droll.

"This guy won't fall, that's too early for that guy, too late for that dude."

And then the actual draft happens and players that should go in 1 go in 3, and players that shouldn't go at all go in 4.

If there was more discussion about the merit of the players or my overall strategy, I'm more interested.
[Reply]
Direckshun 08:34 AM 03-28-2023
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
I think the scenario where you trade up in the second and use your first on DL and end up with Benton and Keion White is a reasonable/realistic one. I just would swap the players (White at 31, Benton at 52).
I think Benton is more valuable to NFL teams, but I take your point.

Honestly, I do not see any realm where the Chiefs trade up in the 1st -- the value is between 20 and 50.

If the Chiefs can trade up from their 2nd to get into that sweet spot range, they're going to have two players who are equivalent value. I think Benton and White are about on par with one another. I think all 30 of the players in that projected range are.
[Reply]
Direckshun 08:40 AM 03-28-2023
Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare:
I'd stay put and draft Zack Harrison or Tennessee's Byron Young with 63rd pick if the Chiefs don't go for an Edge in the 1st round.
Zach Harrison is the Spagsiest Spags that ever Spags'd. Long and huge with 36" arms, the guy is just insane and Spags wants him bad. We 100% both know that.

But the guy is Kpassagnon. And I just don't think he's a difference maker.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Up