ChiefsPlanet Mobile
View Poll Results: What is the BIGGEST need going into the draft?
QB 6 4.11%
OT 48 32.88%
G/C 1 0.68%
RB 0 0%
TE 0 0%
WR 64 43.84%
DT 6 4.11%
DE 21 14.38%
LB 0 0%
CB 0 0%
S 0 0%
Other 0 0%
Voters: 146. You may not vote on this poll
Page 7 of 8
« First < 34567 8 >
Nzoner's Game Room>In Your Opinion what is the biggest need going into the draft
Chief Roundup 05:40 PM 03-24-2023
As of right now what is the biggest need going into the draft as things stand right now?

OT or DE or WR
[Reply]
O.city 03:58 PM 03-28-2023
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Kadarius Toney has been injured every year he's played organized football except for one year in college. If Niang's injury is a concern, then Toney's should be a huge ****ing red flag.

The whole "Andy can make do with lesser WR's" is moot if we don't have enough healthy bodies to field a ****ing team. The whole argument hinges on the fact that they did it last year with Juju, MVS, Watson, and the others. Well, Hardman's gone, Juju is gone, Watson is gone (for now) and we've replaced them with NOBODY.

If they can get by with Wylie at RT, they can surely get by with a guy already on the roster or a guy from the middle rounds of the draft.
I worry that last years winning ends up being powerful deodorant and they don't end up adding to this group with much and it implodes.
[Reply]
Megatron96 04:02 PM 03-28-2023
Originally Posted by O.city:
I worry that last years winning ends up being powerful deodorant and they don't end up adding to this group with much and it implodes.
I can't believe that Andy/Veach are that dumb. No way they can look at the list of WRs and say to themselves, "yeah, we can win another SB with that group plus some rookie WR we draft at 31 or 64." That would be the height of hubris on their part, and I don't think either of them are that full of themselves.
[Reply]
Otter 04:06 PM 03-28-2023
I have a sneaking suspicion that Deonte Banks is going to be available at 32 and the Chiefs take him with an OT as the next draft pick.

You heard it hear first.
[Reply]
Mecca 04:09 PM 03-28-2023
Originally Posted by Otter:
I have a sneaking suspicion that Deonte Banks is going to be available at 32 and the Chiefs take him with an OT as the next draft pick.

You heard it hear first.
Don't buy it, Banks is CB4 and I think we're getting 6-7 CBs in round 1.
[Reply]
Balto 04:12 PM 03-28-2023
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
I can't believe that Andy/Veach are that dumb. No way they can look at the list of WRs and say to themselves, "yeah, we can win another SB with that group plus some rookie WR we draft at 31 or 64." That would be the height of hubris on their part, and I don't think either of them are that full of themselves.
I tend to agree BUT if the reports are true that Reid sees Skyy taking a huge leap I think Reid trying to have Skyy replace what JuJu did for us makes sense. Now if Skyy can actually do that who knows?

Toney is also said to have a larger role and if thats true we are now more stocked at WR than we were last season. Again his question isn't can he do it like Skyy's is BUT can he actually stay on the field.

Both Skyy and Toney have there own questions and I think just adding a vet like Hopkins or OBJ could solve all these issues.

I could also see Veach grab a stud guard NOT a OT with the thoughts of making him our new LG after this season.
[Reply]
Megatron96 04:19 PM 03-28-2023
Originally Posted by Balto:
I tend to agree BUT if the reports are true that Reid sees Skyy taking a huge leap I think Reid trying to have Skyy replace what JuJu did for us makes sense. Now if Skyy can actually do that who knows?

Toney is also said to have a larger role and if thats true we are now more stocked at WR than we were last season. Again his question isn't can he do it like Skyy's is BUT can he actually stay on the field.

Both Skyy and Toney have there own questions and I think just adding a vet like Hopkins or OBJ could solve all these issues.

I could also see Veach grab a stud guard NOT a OT with the thoughts of making him our new LG after this season.
Okay, but I don't think Andy actually said, "Skyy's going to take a huge leap." I think what he actually said was, "Toney and Skyy are going to have bigger roles," or words to that effect. Some of us, myself included, may have misinterpreted exactly what he meant by that statement. Larger role doesn't necessarily mean Skyy is going to start the season as the WR2 or whatever. Last season he was like 4/5. More the 5 really. 'A larger role' could mean anything between WR2-4.

But as of this moment, there's no reason to believe Skyy could become the primary WR if Toney went down for a significant length of time. That would be a huge, and from a management standpoint, foolish leap of faith.

And Veach/Andy aren't foolish people.
[Reply]
Balto 04:27 PM 03-28-2023
Okay, but I don't think Andy actually said, "Skyy's going to take a huge leap." I think what he actually said was, "Toney and Skyy are going to have bigger roles," or words to that effect. Some of us, myself included, may have misinterpreted exactly what he meant by that statement. Larger role doesn't necessarily mean Skyy is going to start the season as the WR2 or whatever. Last season he was like 4/5. More the 5 really. 'A larger role' could mean anything between WR2-4.

But as of this moment, there's no reason to believe Skyy could become the primary WR if Toney went down for a significant length of time. That would be a huge, and from a management standpoint, foolish leap of faith.

"We are expecting Skyy Moore to step up," Reid said. "We'll just see how everything else works. We got the same guys coming back that we had, and we like that group with the exception of JuJu. Mecole was banged up a little bit so he didn't have a chance to play as much as he would have wanted. We'll work out the thing without JuJu. Somebody will have to step up and take that spot."
[Reply]
Megatron96 04:31 PM 03-28-2023
Originally Posted by Balto:
"We are expecting Skyy Moore to step up," Reid said. "We'll just see how everything else works. We got the same guys coming back that we had, and we like that group with the exception of JuJu. Mecole was banged up a little bit so he didn't have a chance to play as much as he would have wanted. We'll work out the thing without JuJu. Somebody will have to step up and take that spot."
Yeah, I saw that before. And really all he's saying is that Skyy will have to step up. Which he obviously needs to do. What that means by Week 1 is still up in the air. I mean, he's just talking. He's not being as precise with his every word as he might be. Not sure we should take every single thing he says right now as gospel.
[Reply]
RunKC 04:39 PM 03-28-2023
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Kadarius Toney has been injured every year he's played organized football except for one year in college. If Niang's injury is a concern, then Toney's should be a huge ****ing red flag.

The whole "Andy can make do with lesser WR's" is moot if we don't have enough healthy bodies to field a ****ing team. The whole argument hinges on the fact that they did it last year with Juju, MVS, Watson, and the others. Well, Hardman's gone, Juju is gone, Watson is gone (for now) and we've replaced them with NOBODY.

If they can get by with Wylie at RT, they can surely get by with a guy already on the roster or a guy from the middle rounds of the draft.
The fact that they won the SB and were the #1 offense last year with the WR issues, Orlando and Wylie struggling is a testament to Andy and Patrick.

I see what you mean with the WR’s but keep in mind that Hardman hasn’t ever been a WR 1 or 2. He’s a role player who can’t run routes and his success is mostly from speed and scheme, which I think is not hard to find.

I think this could be a case of what’s in the middle. The WR class isn’t that good in the draft this year. Hard to see them take one over the many supremely talented defense of lineman. I am willing to bet today that that would be their focus because there’s just too much talent there for them to consider something else and not be reaching.

I like Hyatt, and he does fit the saw fence quite well, but can you justify taking him over one of the defensive lineman? I don’t see a huge disparity between that guy and someone like Mims or Palmer in round two.

I am thinking that they’re hedging their bets with what they have at both positions and will draft for depth.
[Reply]
ModSocks 05:06 PM 03-28-2023
DL has to be the focus. Whether that be End or Tackle. We need them both.

Followed by WR, then S and then OL depth.
[Reply]
CapsLockKey 05:28 PM 03-28-2023
DT. Even though he's replaceable losing Saunders was the biggest net loss in free agency and not much on the market to replace him with.

Edge. We got Ominehu to replace Clark but still need another to replace Dunlap's production. Maybe bring him back if don't get anyone in the draft that can contribute day 1. Spags can use as many pass rushers as we can get.

WR. Less concerned about Juju leaving, more of a depth issue and a plan B if Toney goes down as I've seen enough from him that he could be the 1. That trade was always about 2023+ and what he did this past season was a bonus. I really feel he's going to blow up this year. They went most of the season without Hardman even being available. I don't see the Chiefs relying on rookies anyway to fill the holes and expect a vet to be brought in at some point via trade or maybe OBJ.

Otherwise OT, RB depth in the mid to late rounds.
[Reply]
Chief Roundup 06:18 PM 03-28-2023
At 31 we will not have a shot at one of the WR that could start day 1 and truly contribute.
At 31 we can get someone that can come in and start at RT and may even be able to move to LT in a few years.
At 31 we can get a DE that can come in and start or be rotational depending on how they want to use Omenihu.
[Reply]
htismaqe 06:27 PM 03-28-2023
Originally Posted by RunKC:
The fact that they won the SB and were the #1 offense last year with the WR issues, Orlando and Wylie struggling is a testament to Andy and Patrick.

I see what you mean with the WR’s but keep in mind that Hardman hasn’t ever been a WR 1 or 2. He’s a role player who can’t run routes and his success is mostly from speed and scheme, which I think is not hard to find.

I think this could be a case of what’s in the middle. The WR class isn’t that good in the draft this year. Hard to see them take one over the many supremely talented defense of lineman. I am willing to bet today that that would be their focus because there’s just too much talent there for them to consider something else and not be reaching.

I like Hyatt, and he does fit the saw fence quite well, but can you justify taking him over one of the defensive lineman? I don’t see a huge disparity between that guy and someone like Mims or Palmer in round two.

I am thinking that they’re hedging their bets with what they have at both positions and will draft for depth.
Regardless of all the DHop and OBJ talk, I think they're still going to add a WR in FA. I think they target another in the 2nd round. Like you, I believe our 1st rounder will be defense.

As for Hardman, you're right, he's not a WR1/2. The problem is that we're currently missing THREE of our top 5 starters from last year.

Last year proved they could do it with lesser talent but right now, this isn't "lesser talent" this is a skeleton crew.
[Reply]
milkshock 02:42 AM 03-29-2023
Yeah, I saw that before. And really all he's saying is that Skyy will have to step up. Which he obviously needs to do. What that means by Week 1 is still up in the air. I mean, he's just talking. He's not being as precise with his every word as he might be. Not sure we should take every single thing he says right now as gospel.

Doesnt sound very convincing to me. 'Somebody will have to step up', sounds like there isnt a proper plan in place to deal with the issue.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 06:05 AM 03-29-2023

It's only necessarily foolish if you're a fan who doesn't see these guys every day in practice and in meetings.

We have only past game performance to judge our opinions on.

In THAT, as fans, we haven't seen enough from Moore to feel comfortable.

What's foolish is assuming we know better than Andy Reid.
[Reply]
Page 7 of 8
« First < 34567 8 >
Up