ChiefsPlanet Mobile
View Poll Results: What is the BIGGEST need going into the draft?
QB 6 4.11%
OT 48 32.88%
G/C 1 0.68%
RB 0 0%
TE 0 0%
WR 64 43.84%
DT 6 4.11%
DE 21 14.38%
LB 0 0%
CB 0 0%
S 0 0%
Other 0 0%
Voters: 146. You may not vote on this poll
Page 6 of 8
« First < 23456 78 >
Nzoner's Game Room>In Your Opinion what is the biggest need going into the draft
Chief Roundup 05:40 PM 03-24-2023
As of right now what is the biggest need going into the draft as things stand right now?

OT or DE or WR
[Reply]
Mecca 12:35 PM 03-28-2023
Originally Posted by Balto:
So then we talking Speed weapons or the best route running guys we can find? Of course both in one player is best but rare
I'd take Josh Downs before I took another OT.
[Reply]
Rain Man 12:40 PM 03-28-2023
Originally Posted by Mecca:
Protecting Mahomes at all costs actually means getting him guys that can get open, when he hits his back foot and has to keep patting the ball or scramble around to find someone means we have a weapons issue.
Good point.
[Reply]
Rain Man 12:41 PM 03-28-2023
I thought long and hard about this for 30 seconds, and wondered if I would be an outlier by picking WR. Apparently not.

We have a few needs, but the beautiful part is that the team is so strong that even our needs aren't vital. I think we draft the best WR available to give Patrick Mahomes II more options.
[Reply]
Megatron96 12:47 PM 03-28-2023
Originally Posted by Balto:
So then we talking Speed weapons or the best route running guys we can find? Of course both in one player is best but rare
Elite speed guys are not often the best route runners, so we're probably looking for a technician; a WR with great footwork at the release/hand-fighting capabilities, coupled with very good quickness. Decent speed, not rare speed.
[Reply]
TripleThreat 12:47 PM 03-28-2023
I want to say Defense, but I'm concerned that last years run might make the coaches and front office really start trying to dig for the outcast WR's since Mahomes just elevates the receivers that much.

It's hard to see us drafting a WR again when we just took Moore in the second round, but losing both JuJu and hardman and then going into the season with three guys that while are promising, are still unknown besides Marquez and Marquez is/should be our 3rd receiver.

So I'll say WR, but I believe it will be defense and I won't be too mad about it.

I'd also like to see WR round 1, and then all defense, whichever way.
[Reply]
Balto 01:27 PM 03-28-2023
Got another one. How about Corner? Does Veach trust al these 2nd year guys? Does he try and trade Sneed or look to replace him early in the draft?
[Reply]
RunKC 02:08 PM 03-28-2023
Originally Posted by Mecca:
You wanna argue WR, sure, I'll listen to Mazi Smith at 31 I'll listen to a speed edge at 31 but this OT thing makes no sense to me.
It’s pretty logical when you think about it. WR has talent. Toney is very good, MVS is an option whose speed is good, Skyy is probably gonna take the Juju role and they’re probably gonna bring back Justin Watson and add a WR in the first 2 rds again? At minimum.

We have a LT in Taylor, but RT is a completely mystery. Currently we seem to have 3 options:

-Niang, who has had 2 very serious injuries in the last 3 years and quite honestly nobody knows how good he is.
-Prince Tega Wanogho, who has been on practice squads his entire duration in the league
-Kinnard, who the coaches seem to think is a much better fit at G

It’s not just the “protect Mahomes” angle. There’s more questions at RT than anywhere else on the entire team
[Reply]
htismaqe 02:15 PM 03-28-2023
Originally Posted by RunKC:
It’s pretty logical when you think about it. WR has talent. Toney is very good, MVS is an option whose speed is good, Skyy is probably gonna take the Juju role and they’re probably gonna bring back Justin Watson and add a WR in the first 2 rds again? At minimum.

We have a LT in Taylor, but RT is a completely mystery. Currently we seem to have 3 options:

-Niang, who has had 2 very serious injuries in the last 3 years and quite honestly nobody knows how good he is.
-Prince Tega Wanogho, who has been on practice squads his entire duration in the league

It’s not just the “protect Mahomes” angle. There’s more questions at RT than anywhere else on the entire team
You list of the WR's and say they're good enough, then list off a bunch of RT's that have the SAME question marks - inexperience, lack of talent, injury history.

You're being disingenuous. If we have a need at RT because of those things, we ABSOLUTELY have a need at WR.
[Reply]
Mecca 02:21 PM 03-28-2023

Lucas Niang and Kadarious Toney are literally the same fuckin thing.
[Reply]
raybec 4 02:24 PM 03-28-2023

Toney is very talented, no doubt about that. I still think it's early to say he's good though. 14 catches for 171 yards (regular season) is the sample size we're working with. That's not even a good 2 weeks for most top WR. He still needs to prove that he can be good.
[Reply]
RunKC 03:04 PM 03-28-2023
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
You list of the WR's and say they're good enough, then list off a bunch of RT's that have the SAME question marks - inexperience, lack of talent, injury history.

You're being disingenuous. If we have a need at RT because of those things, we ABSOLUTELY have a need at WR.
Lucas Niang’s injuries are career altering caliber injuries. It’s not a hamstring or ankle nagging thing. A lineman having hip labrum surgery and then a torn patella tendon surgery is horrible for a guy that big. They seem to have faith in him for whatever reason though.

Andy has made due with below average WR units. Aside from last year, he did it all those years prior to TO with James Thrash, Todd Pinkston, Greg Lewis and Freddie Mitchell.

I think tackle and WR are the biggest needs. I also think they’re gonna draft a WR in the first 2 rds again.

I didn’t trust Wylie at tackle, but Andy made it work. I guess when Niang inevitably goes on IR again we’ll see Prince out there.

I think we can agree that we have trust in our staff to make it work
[Reply]
VAChief 03:10 PM 03-28-2023
Originally Posted by stumppy:
WR OT DE
This, but doesn’t necessarily mean in that order of the draft. We just need all three.
[Reply]
O.city 03:22 PM 03-28-2023
If Willie and Brown JR were able to work at T's, then Niang and the new LT would be fine.
[Reply]
htismaqe 03:39 PM 03-28-2023
Lucas Niang’s injuries are career altering caliber injuries. It’s not a hamstring or ankle nagging thing. A lineman having hip labrum surgery and then a torn patella tendon surgery is horrible for a guy that big. They seem to have faith in him for whatever reason though.

Andy has made due with below average WR units. Aside from last year, he did it all those years prior to TO with James Thrash, Todd Pinkston, Greg Lewis and Freddie Mitchell.

I think tackle and WR are the biggest needs. I also think they’re gonna draft a WR in the first 2 rds again.

I didn’t trust Wylie at tackle, but Andy made it work. I guess when Niang inevitably goes on IR again we’ll see Prince out there.

I think we can agree that we have trust in our staff to make it work
Kadarius Toney has been injured every year he's played organized football except for one year in college. If Niang's injury is a concern, then Toney's should be a huge fucking red flag.

The whole "Andy can make do with lesser WR's" is moot if we don't have enough healthy bodies to field a fucking team. The whole argument hinges on the fact that they did it last year with Juju, MVS, Watson, and the others. Well, Hardman's gone, Juju is gone, Watson is gone (for now) and we've replaced them with NOBODY.

If they can get by with Wylie at RT, they can surely get by with a guy already on the roster or a guy from the middle rounds of the draft.
[Reply]
Megatron96 03:57 PM 03-28-2023
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Kadarius Toney has been injured every year he's played organized football except for one year in college. If Niang's injury is a concern, then Toney's should be a huge fucking red flag.

The whole "Andy can make do with lesser WR's" is moot if we don't have enough healthy bodies to field a fucking team. The whole argument hinges on the fact that they did it last year with Juju, MVS, Watson, and the others. Well, Hardman's gone, Juju is gone, Watson is gone (for now) and we've replaced them with NOBODY.
That's one of the points I was trying to make the other day. We've literally added just one player to the offense, and two of the highest-producing skill players are now with other teams. The odds we'll replace their production solely through the draft is ridiculous.
[Reply]
Page 6 of 8
« First < 23456 78 >
Up