ChiefsPlanet Mobile
View Poll Results: What is the BIGGEST need going into the draft?
QB 6 4.11%
OT 48 32.88%
G/C 1 0.68%
RB 0 0%
TE 0 0%
WR 64 43.84%
DT 6 4.11%
DE 21 14.38%
LB 0 0%
CB 0 0%
S 0 0%
Other 0 0%
Voters: 146. You may not vote on this poll
Page 5 of 8
< 12345 678 >
Nzoner's Game Room>In Your Opinion what is the biggest need going into the draft
Chief Roundup 05:40 PM 03-24-2023
As of right now what is the biggest need going into the draft as things stand right now?

OT or DE or WR
[Reply]
Chief Roundup 05:57 PM 03-25-2023
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
Now show me where Taylor has missed games in his career like Toney has.
That has nothing to do with what has put out by the Chiefs.
[Reply]
oldman 11:31 PM 03-25-2023
Originally Posted by Chiefshrink:
Nope, and AR calls the shots period Veach may come up with many scenarios but AR approves all scenarios. Veach is no lone gun I assure you.:-)
Veach is going to get what Andy wants. It may not be the guy Andy wants, but it will be where he thinks we need help.
[Reply]
Rasputin 11:36 PM 03-25-2023
It's funny when we do go with BPA we get bashed by pundits for not picking player of need. They also always mock draft player of need.

I do think LT is our greatest need but I trust Blake Vooch in picking the best players fit for the Chiefs as he values them.
[Reply]
1COOLDOG 07:51 PM 03-27-2023
Where is the lame "the best athlete on the board" option?
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:22 AM 03-28-2023
31 people still believe our biggest need is OT. :-)
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:24 AM 03-28-2023
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
Taylor is your LT. Barring one of the top two falling....drafting a LT isn't going to happen. Not sure why people can't come to grips with that.
Exactly. Taylor is the LT. People are dreaming if they think we're drafting a LT.
[Reply]
Megatron96 11:51 AM 03-28-2023
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Buddy, we got people in here that think we have a top-10 WR room as-is.:-)
[Reply]
Balto 11:56 AM 03-28-2023
Gotta go BPA between OL, WR and DL

BUT

I don't think we are talking about DT and Jones enough.

YES Jones just said he wants to be in KC for his entire career but this could also mean negotiations for a extension isn't going well and Veach has a history of not resetting a positions market..Hill and OBJ for example.

Veach has also shown that when he thinks a player is playing their last season in KC he will draft a replacement a year early.

I think DT could be a very real possibility for our first pick even if Veach plans to try and keep Jones.

Now I don't think Veach would actually trade Jones in a package to move up high enough to get a guy like Carter BUT it wouldn't blind side me either......I mean the Cards biggest need is a Pass rushing DT!
[Reply]
Mecca 11:58 AM 03-28-2023
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Yea I don't get that shit, people have like PTSD or something.
[Reply]
Mecca 11:58 AM 03-28-2023
You wanna argue WR, sure, I'll listen to Mazi Smith at 31 I'll listen to a speed edge at 31 but this OT thing makes no sense to me.
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:58 AM 03-28-2023
Originally Posted by Balto:
Gotta go BPA between OL, WR and DL

BUT

I don't think we are talking about DT and Jones enough.

YES Jones just said he wants to be in KC for his entire career but this could also mean negotiations for a extension isn't going well and Veach has a history of not resetting a positions market..Hill and OBJ for example.

Veach has also shown that when he thinks a player is playing their last season in KC he will draft a replacement a year early.

I think DT could be a very real possibility for our first pick even if Veach plans to try and keep Jones.

Now I don't think Veach would actually trade Jones in a package to move up high enough to get a guy like Carter BUT it wouldn't blind side me either......I mean the Cards biggest need is a Pass rushing DT!
The reason there haven't really been any big-time trades this offseason is because nobody wants to give multiple high picks AND pay a big salary. I highly doubt there's a big market for Jones right now.
[Reply]
The Franchise 11:59 AM 03-28-2023
It’s the “protect Mahomes at all costs” argument.

Mahomes is going to get hit. It’s how he plays the game. Having 5 1st round picks on the offensive line isn’t going to stop that. It will give him more time right after the snap but it’s not like offensive linemen win every snap. There are still times when he’s going to get hit.
[Reply]
Mecca 12:06 PM 03-28-2023
Protecting Mahomes at all costs actually means getting him guys that can get open, when he hits his back foot and has to keep patting the ball or scramble around to find someone means we have a weapons issue.
[Reply]
Balto 12:17 PM 03-28-2023
Originally Posted by Mecca:
Protecting Mahomes at all costs actually means getting him guys that can get open, when he hits his back foot and has to keep patting the ball or scramble around to find someone means we have a weapons issue.
So then we talking Speed weapons or the best route running guys we can find? Of course both in one player is best but rare
[Reply]
ChiTown 12:20 PM 03-28-2023
Given what we have on our depth chart, I went with WR. Assuming we don't make any additional moves before the Draft, I have to believe a WR in Rd 1 is a strong possibility to happen
[Reply]
Page 5 of 8
< 12345 678 >
Up