ChiefsPlanet Mobile
View Poll Results: What is the BIGGEST need going into the draft?
QB 6 4.11%
OT 48 32.88%
G/C 1 0.68%
RB 0 0%
TE 0 0%
WR 64 43.84%
DT 6 4.11%
DE 21 14.38%
LB 0 0%
CB 0 0%
S 0 0%
Other 0 0%
Voters: 146. You may not vote on this poll
Page 3 of 8
< 123 4567 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>In Your Opinion what is the biggest need going into the draft
Chief Roundup 05:40 PM 03-24-2023
As of right now what is the biggest need going into the draft as things stand right now?

OT or DE or WR
[Reply]
Coochie liquor 09:18 PM 03-24-2023
Protect Mahomes at all costs!! LT is our biggest need. I trust in Veach, but it’s a bit worrisome!
[Reply]
BWillie 09:44 PM 03-24-2023
WR
Edge
RT
TE
S
DT
CB
OG
LB
C
QB
K
P
[Reply]
bigjosh 09:46 PM 03-24-2023
Im going to forego saying wide receiver and say pass catcher.

We need to add more talent at either wr or te.

Need more DT help

Then BPA
[Reply]
GloucesterChief 09:50 PM 03-24-2023
OT
DT
WR
DE
RB
TE
Backup IOL
4th Safety
3rd String QB
[Reply]
BossChief 10:17 PM 03-24-2023
Our pass rush was pretty damn good and we upgraded from Franks spot. We have a perceived pressing need at DT, but Karlaftis, Omenihu and Wharton all move around the DL so I wouldn’t say a pass rusher would be the biggest NEED. I’d absolutely say that it’s a place you’d likely get the best ROI on a big investment due to the coaching situation coupled with the existing pass rush talent in house.

My dream scenario in this draft is Carter dropping out of the top 10 and Veach swinging for the fences to move up to get him shortly after.

That would make our DL in the conversation for one of, if not THE best in conference.

Karlaftis/Danna
Jones/Shelton
Carter/Wharton/Nnadi
Omenihu/cheap vet like Dunlap/Suggs **cmon Houston, come home for one last ride and get a ring.** -opens arms-

Next you’d have to consider OT. I still think Niang will turn it around and start to show promise this year…but in no way can you wager a championship season on that hope. Tego showed some good ability out there, but I’m not sold on him. I like Taylor more the more I watch him work. This kid is a perfect fit and will definitely help our screen game come alive again. That’s the biggest thing. He moves so well (like Fisher) it allows Andy to utilize more of the playbook. I’m not at all sold that they plan on him playing LT. If an athletic, starting quality LT makes it to the 20s, Veach is moving up just like when he went up to get McDuffie.

I’d have no problem with a move like that, either. If we can lock up the offensive tackle spots with young and athletic players, that will help this offense open up a lot more ways to attack defenses….but I’m also totally ok taking a kid in the 2nd or 3rd, either. They could probably line up tomorrow with an above average offensive line, so adding a stud LT would absolutely bring them into conversation for best OL unit in the nfl. Protecting Mahomes with additional resources will pay dividends.

The third position group you have to talk about is IMO the one that requires the most attention which is WR. You simply can’t DEPEND on any of them. Toney has missed about half his career -going back to Florida- to injury. Skyy Moore is a small school kid still acclimating, but hasn’t “gone out and taken a grown man’s job”. He will get tons of opportunities to do so, going forward but him playing great can’t be counted on. MVS is completely inconsistent. We don’t even know if Watson will be back or not.

I’d be a fan of picking a guy like Flowers at 31 unless we have an opportunity to make a strategic trade up to get a blue chip guy.
[Reply]
alanm 12:22 AM 03-25-2023
Originally Posted by jd1020:
BPA
This. All day every draft. Drafting for need is what shitty teams do. :-)
[Reply]
AussieChiefsFan 01:53 AM 03-25-2023
OT, WR and DL
[Reply]
T-post Tom 02:16 AM 03-25-2023
WR

OT
[Reply]
Red Dawg 04:36 AM 03-25-2023
More fatties. Always the LOS.
[Reply]
Hydrae 06:57 AM 03-25-2023
I have felt since the end of the regular season that Clark wants a splash with the draft in KC. I will be surprised if we don't make a pretty major trade up in the first. To get the most splash, taking a WR. Both lines may be more important in a lot of ways but a WR will get the headlines.
[Reply]
Couch-Potato 07:00 AM 03-25-2023
Can we get a poll?
[Reply]
DaFace 08:46 AM 03-25-2023
Originally Posted by Couch-Potato:
Can we get a poll?
Sure. Added.
[Reply]
Zebedee DuBois 08:52 AM 03-25-2023
I can't decide between WR DE and OT.
[Reply]
JohnnyHammersticks 08:55 AM 03-25-2023
Edge/DE
[Reply]
kcfan75 08:57 AM 03-25-2023
Originally Posted by ChiefsFan63:
OT. We have nothing proven on one side or the other. Keeping The Franchise upright is the of paramount importance.
This, if we don't have a DE or WR it will kind of suck. If we have to play the season out with Buechele at QB, that will REALLY suck.
[Reply]
Page 3 of 8
< 123 4567 > Last »
Up