ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 17 of 25
« First < 71314151617 18192021 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Fuck!!!!!!!!! I just lost my job
Titty Meat 01:46 PM 03-24-2023
I just got blindsided folks. Manager and some HR lady pull me into a chat room and inform me they are letting me going due to company restructuring :-) I didn't see this coming at all I'm devastated and don't know what the fuck to do.
[Reply]
SuperBowl4 04:34 AM 03-28-2023
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
Got my check from old company today and it won't cash :-)
Man, they really didn't like you. When you look back, was there anything that you might have done or said to put your nail in your own coffin?
[Reply]
Mr. Plow 07:55 AM 03-28-2023
I do have direct deposit they sent me a check for some reason
Maybe accidentally mailed the check & put a stop payment on it because it's going to be direct deposit? I don't know, just spit balling.

You may have already addressed this, haven't read the entire thread - is the company going under and that's why they let you go?
[Reply]
scho63 07:59 AM 03-28-2023
Writing bad checks is CRIMINAL not civil.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 08:07 AM 03-28-2023
Originally Posted by Mr. Plow:
Maybe accidentally mailed the check & put a stop payment on it because it's going to be direct deposit? I don't know, just spit balling.

You may have already addressed this, haven't read the entire thread - is the company going under and that's why they let you go?
They told me they are restructuring the my postion was being eliminated. No heads up whatsoever
[Reply]
Titty Meat 08:08 AM 03-28-2023
Originally Posted by SuperBowl4:
Man, they really didn't like you. When you look back, was there anything that you might have done or said to put your nail in your own coffin?
Nah I was nice to all my co workers just showed up and did my job. HR lady called me back first thing and is working with payroll she's trying to direct deposit it to me which is what they should have just done In the first place *sigh*
[Reply]
Marcellus 08:13 AM 03-28-2023
I do have direct deposit they sent me a check for some reason
Typically all last checks are live checks, this is normal.
[Reply]
Mr. Plow 08:18 AM 03-28-2023
They told me they are restructuring the my postion was being eliminated. No heads up whatsoever
Yuck. Sorry to hear that man. You'll land on your feet and hopefully look back at this as a good thing.
[Reply]
bdj23 08:22 AM 03-28-2023
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
Typically all last checks are live checks, this is normal.
My last check was direct deposit but I voluntarily quit rather than got fired. Don't know if that makes a difference.
[Reply]
BryanBusby 09:05 AM 03-28-2023
They have 72 hours to get you your last paycheck after separation. Their inability to balance the books is not your problem.

Would give them 24 hours to get it right before contacting the Department of Labor.
[Reply]
lewdog 09:08 AM 03-28-2023
Standard to give a live check when terminating someone.
[Reply]
Mr. Plow 09:18 AM 03-28-2023
Originally Posted by BryanBusby:
They have 72 hours to get you your last paycheck after separation. Their inability to balance the books is not your problem.

Would give them 24 hours to get it right before contacting the Department of Labor.
In Kansas, as long as their check is ready at the next normal scheduled payday, you are fine. Looks like in MA & MO, you are required to pay all earned wages at time of dismissal.
[Reply]
The Franchise 09:19 AM 03-28-2023
Originally Posted by lewdog:
Standard to give a live check when terminating someone.
I'm pretty sure it's standard no matter how that person is leaving. Every job I've ever quit has handed me a paper check as my last one.
[Reply]
scho63 09:19 AM 03-28-2023
Why last checks are live is that companies begin cutting the about to be terminated employee off of all systems including direct deposit. They also in most cases, hold off on last payments until ALL company property, including key cards are returned.

This allows a clean separation and if they owe you expenses from a pending expense report, they will add that to your check without any taxes taken out.
[Reply]
scho63 09:25 AM 03-28-2023
Bad check laws all 50 states

https://stevensricci.com/debt-collec...ad-check-laws/
[Reply]
BryanBusby 09:53 AM 03-28-2023
Originally Posted by Mr. Plow:
In Kansas, as long as their check is ready at the next normal scheduled payday, you are fine. Looks like in MA & MO, you are required to pay all earned wages at time of dismissal.
Interesting. Didn't know Kansas was different.
[Reply]
Page 17 of 25
« First < 71314151617 18192021 > Last »
Up