ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 10 of 26
« First < 678910 1112131420 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Should Single Men Own Cat(s)?
BEAVER 12:01 PM 03-24-2023
This topic came up at the bar last night.

My take - Single guy owning a cat = Beta and should not happen.

There are some extenuating circumstances by which one might end up with a cat. Dead Wife, Girlfriend, Mom, Sister.

But if a single guy actually makes the effort to get a cat as a pet? Unacceptable.

I knew the final word could be found here on CP. This place is a bastion of what is right.
[Reply]
BEAVER 01:55 PM 03-24-2023
Not certain if true or not -

If you drop dead and your cat is locked in with you - it will eventually eat you.

Whereas a dog will simply lay down and die next to you.

Again not Sure this is accurate. But that is the kind of loyalty I'm looking for in a pet.
[Reply]
htismaqe 01:57 PM 03-24-2023
Originally Posted by notorious:
We have a female manx that's a badass bitch. Took down an adult rabbit, lays out birds like it's no big deal.

Name is Two-Face. Her hair color splits right down the middle of her face like Harvey Two-Face Dent.
We had two male Maine Coons for a while a few years ago. They were impressive animals. They left the mice and baby snakes for the other cats. They were out there killing weasels, rabbits, rats, ands the like.
[Reply]
htismaqe 01:57 PM 03-24-2023
Originally Posted by BEAVER:

If you drop dead and your cat is locked in with you - it will eventually eat you.

Again not Sure this is accurate. But that is the kind of loyalty I'm looking for in a pet.
Definitely not true. Dogs will absolutely eat their owner if they're hungry enough. Any animal will.
[Reply]
htismaqe 02:00 PM 03-24-2023
Originally Posted by BWillie:
Like anything you buy you do research before and then you just dont grab the first cat you see. You play with it. You see how it interacts with you and other people. Its pretty easy to see when they are a kitten how their personality will be.
Most people "play" with their cats before buying, in the environment in which the animal was born or forced to live in, aka the shelter. It doesn't simulate your home environment at all and many rescuers find out that an animals disposition changes when you bring them home. I know this from experience - the #1 reason we got cats from the shelter was because people gave them back because they weren't what they thought. And this is true of dogs too, BTW.
[Reply]
Chief Roundup 02:00 PM 03-24-2023
If a person is worried or has strong feelings about what gender owns what type of pet they need help.
This place. :-)
[Reply]
seclark 02:04 PM 03-24-2023
Originally Posted by BEAVER:

To be fair, under the same circumstances I’d eat the dog or cat.
sec
[Reply]
ptlyon 02:05 PM 03-24-2023
What's cp's thoughts on chinchillas?
[Reply]
Why Not? 02:05 PM 03-24-2023
Originally Posted by Hank Hill:
Sure, why not?
Well. I have two cats. But I’m married so this does not apply to me.
[Reply]
jd1020 02:06 PM 03-24-2023
I have cats. It's a lot easier to care for a cat than a dog. I don't have to get a fucking pet sitter if I have a week long trip planned. A cat will take care of itself without shitting and pissing all over the place. The real alpha pet.
[Reply]
Why Not? 02:06 PM 03-24-2023
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
That's actually a really good analogy.
It really is. I have two of both. Well, one of my kids is 11 but thinks he’s a teenager so same difference.
[Reply]
seclark 03-24-2023, 02:06 PM
This message has been deleted by seclark.
htismaqe 02:06 PM 03-24-2023
Originally Posted by ptlyon:
Just like any other house rodent, they're a pain in the ass.
[Reply]
seclark 02:08 PM 03-24-2023
Not much meat
sec
[Reply]
Megatron96 02:09 PM 03-24-2023
They're good with lemon butter. Stay away from garlic though.
[Reply]
htismaqe 02:10 PM 03-24-2023
Originally Posted by seclark:
Not much meat
sec
Their fur can be sold, though. I mean people around here eat squirrel and rabbit. Seems like chinchillas would be right in that ballpark in terms of edibility.
[Reply]
Rainbarrel 02:39 PM 03-24-2023
If you've ever been licked by a cat. You never want to close your eyes around one again
[Reply]
Page 10 of 26
« First < 678910 1112131420 > Last »
Up