ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum>Second to last MOCK
staylor26 07:58 PM 03-23-2023
1. Will McDonald, EDGE, Iowa St. - this dude seems to be a very popular pick for the Chiefs lately, and it's because it makes a lot of sense. I know, I know, he's only 240, but with Karlaftis/Omenihu/Danna, I think they've positioned themselves to take a guy that can compliment their skills sets (inside/out versatility). The Chiefs went against their typical thresholds with McDuffie. Why can't they do it with McDonald? With his frame, I think he can get closer to 250 long term too. McDonald is bendy and has double digit sack upside.

2. Marvin Mims, WR, Oklahoma - sub 4.4 speed and a perfect fit for the Chief offense, Mims gives you that speed you lose with Hardman, but the ability to be more than just a gadget guy. I think Mins, Toney, and Skyy would compliment each other very well.

3. Jaquelin Roy, DT, LSU - I feel like Roy might be one of the most underrated players in the draft. He's the perfect pick in round 3 if you miss out on Mazi and Benton in round 2. Young prospect with the upside to be a 3 down NT.

4. Luke Schoonmaker, TE, Michigan - this TE class is ridiculous. I really like Zack Kunt, but I don't think he's going to be available in the 4th, and I really like Schoonmaker. He has good size, tested really well, and probably wouldn't be here in bascially any other draft.

4. Chase Brown, RB, Illinois - like the TE class, I love this RB class, but it's difficult to decide when to pull the trigger on one, and even here feels just a little too early. I really like Brown though, and you can have a really cheap young duo to go with a cheap deal for McKinnon.
[Reply]
kozzman555 08:14 PM 03-23-2023
Schoonmaker is a Playboy bunny in a campsite full of ped0s. Too old
[Reply]
staylor26 08:18 PM 03-23-2023
Originally Posted by kozzman555:
Schoonmaker is a Playboy bunny in a campsite full of ped0s. Too old
He's going to be 25, not 35. It's a 4th round pick lol.
[Reply]
kccrow 08:36 PM 03-23-2023
McDonald in 1 largely depends on what's there otherwise. I'd like a DE that's a bit better against the run and a little beefier. If I we're running a 3-4 I'd probably be more inclined to do it as I feel you can mask that deficiency a bit more. I don't hate it but I sure don't love it.

Mims is my B to Scott as my A. I really, really like him but if the choice is there I prefer Scott just a little. I don't think there's a margin to bitch if the Chiefs saw it the other way around, they are very close. My preference comes from less schemed production and more outside wins for Scott.

Roy is a guy I was a lot higher on going into '23 than I am now and then his workouts and positionals were bad. He's tumbled for me. I'd be happy to take a shot on day 3 but day 2 is pushing it for me.

I have no issues with your round 4 guys. I think Schoonmaker is a capable contributor immediately which helps avert the age issue.
[Reply]
staylor26 08:40 PM 03-23-2023
I will do a full 7 rounder with my final one.
[Reply]
Stryker 08:43 PM 03-23-2023
I live in BR so as an LSU fan, 3. Jaquelin Roy, DT, LSU - I feel like Roy might be one of the most underrated players in the draft. He's the perfect pick in round 3 if you miss out on Mazi and Benton in round 2. Young prospect with the upside to be a 3 down NT.

NO! NO! NO! :-) We can do way better in the 3rd round even if it means moving up.

The rest of your mock I could live with.
[Reply]
kozzman555 08:44 PM 03-23-2023
Originally Posted by staylor26:
He's going to be 25, not 35. It's a 4th round pick lol.
I was commenting more for the fact that Veach has shown he's pretty loathe to draft 24 year olds. I checked out his draft history and only found 6 players that were 23 and 0 that were 24. Despite how good he is, and he is, I think Veach will look elsewhere. I'd honestly be shocked if we draft him.
[Reply]
JPH83 01:28 AM 03-24-2023
I like it. Would obviously depend on what's there but nothing to really dislike. I might hope for a guy like Ojomo over Roy and maybe in the 4th, I might go later than the 4th for a RB, I might pick a different WR if someone like Dell is still there. But there's some good pieces there imo
[Reply]
O.city 07:03 AM 03-24-2023
Mims is my favorite WR prospect and I wouldn't be upset if we just took him at 31. If it went McDonald Mims 1/2 you're sitting nice.

I'd hope Benton fell a bit in round 3 and I'd trade up for him.
[Reply]
O.city 08:36 AM 03-24-2023
Although, I think with Omenihu on board, they may not be looking for a DE.

Seems like DT fits in there really well early.
[Reply]
The Franchise 08:57 AM 03-24-2023
Originally Posted by O.city:

I think that's where I'm kind of leaning. At least not taking one in the first. I could see a pick in the 2nd-3rd round range.
[Reply]
RunKC 09:27 AM 03-24-2023
Originally Posted by O.city:

I think the opposite. Omneihu, Danna and Turk can play inside next to Chris on passing downs. Omenihu is a tweener but he isn’t a guy that is a pure DE with bend. Think we need a guy like that.

From the looks of it, all of the value is gonna be DL around 31. Keion White, Derick Hall, Will McDonald, BJ Ojulari, Felix Anudike-Uzomah, and Adetomiwa Adebawora.

The value there is insane, which based on our history probably means we are going another direction
[Reply]
O.city 09:46 AM 03-24-2023
Originally Posted by RunKC:
I think the opposite. Omneihu, Danna and Turk can play inside next to Chris on passing downs. Omenihu is a tweener but he isn’t a guy that is a pure DE with bend. Think we need a guy like that.

From the looks of it, all of the value is gonna be DL around 31. Keion White, Derick Hall, Will McDonald, BJ Ojulari, Felix Anudike-Uzomah, and Adetomiwa Adebawora.

The value there is insane, which based on our history probably means we are going another direction
They dont' seem to really want a DE with the traditional bend kinda skillset.

I would love any of those dudes though.
[Reply]
The Franchise 09:48 AM 03-24-2023
I'd love to have a speed rush kind of DE but until Spags shows me that they want to actually draft one....I'm not holding my breath.
[Reply]
tyecopeland 09:51 AM 03-24-2023
Originally Posted by staylor26:
1. Will McDonald, EDGE, Iowa St. - this dude seems to be a very popular pick for the Chiefs lately, and it's because it makes a lot of sense. I know, I know, he's only 240, but with Karlaftis/Omenihu/Danna, I think they've positioned themselves to take a guy that can compliment their skills sets (inside/out versatility). The Chiefs went against their typical thresholds with McDuffie. Why can't they do it with McDonald? With his frame, I think he can get closer to 250 long term too. McDonald is bendy and has double digit sack upside.
Great pick, because he's not a goddamn running back.
[Reply]
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Up