ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum>Let's talk about Myles Murphy falling to 31
staylor26 06:36 PM 03-22-2023
There seems to be a lot of mocks with Murphy going late in round 1, even falling out of the 1st all together.

If he falls to 31, that has to be a no-brainer sprint to the podium pick, right?
[Reply]
Mecca 11:51 AM 03-23-2023
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
There just doesn't seem to be any way at all this happens.

Then again, about a month out from the draft, wasn't Karlaftis being seen as a probable top 10 pick?

Eh - this is going firmly in the "I'll believe it when I see it" bucket. If he so much as makes it to 20, I'll start to get intrigued. But man, I'd be surprised if that happens - this guy has Pro Bowl edge tools. There are genuine 'blue chip' skills here that you rarely see making it outside the top 10.

Y'know...outside of Sam Williams

{kicks puppy}
Tons of people have Van Ness ahead of him which is weird.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 12:41 PM 03-23-2023
I like Van Ness but I'm not seeing that one...
[Reply]
Direckshun 01:21 PM 03-23-2023
Murphy is a classic example of me sitting in a chair in a room far away, and liking or not liking a player for any number of reasons. But I have nothing at stake, no job that's at risk if Murphy works or a promotion to win if he doesn't pan out.

But if you're a guy who sits in an office at One Arrowhead Drive and your livelihood depends on these players producing... Myles Murphy is the guy who will deliver. He's the safest pick in the entire draft, even moreso than Bijan.

I don't think he's ever in the Top Ten in sacks in his career, like even once. He's just not dynamic. But he's going to going to net you a good career, production right from the jump, and he's going to play solid at everything.

If I'm a guy who wants to keep his job and wants to get ahead, Murphy is a slam dunk pick -- and, oh yeah, he's a perfect fit for the Spags system. So I'm sure Spags will get him to his potential -- but I just can't see anything more than a low-level Pro Bowl player for a year here or there as his ceiling.

But he's going to do everything the defense asks him to and do it pretty well. And he'll pop up on "MOST UNDERRATED" lists put together on NFL Network during the offseasons.

But he's about the least interesting addition we could make I think. I also don't think he's what we need since we already have Karlaftis.

The Chiefs would absolutely take him, though.
[Reply]
Couch-Potato 05:01 PM 03-23-2023
Perfect, yes please!

Seems like every week there's a top guy being cycled as potentially dropping, not sure if that's a media tactic to keep us clicking or not but I can recall the following so far all falling to #31... J. Carter, M. Murphy, B. Robinson, B. Breese, Q. Johnston, J. Addison, J. Hyatt etc etc etc

In the next couple weeks I bet it's one of the top OTs falling to us at #31.

I'll believe it when I see it!
[Reply]
Mecca 05:03 PM 03-23-2023
Originally Posted by Couch-Potato:
Perfect, yes please!

Seems like every week there's a top guy being cycled as potentially dropping, not sure if that's a media tactic to keep us clicking or not but I can recall the following so far all falling to #31... J. Carter, M. Murphy, B. Robinson, B. Breese, Q. Johnston, J. Addison, etc etc etc

I'll believe it when I see it!
I'm not a big fan of Bresee just me I guess...
[Reply]
Couch-Potato 06:12 PM 03-23-2023
Originally Posted by Mecca:
I'm not a big fan of Bresee just me I guess...
I'm a sucker for whoever the talking heads have "falling" that week lol
[Reply]
Titty Meat 07:46 PM 03-23-2023
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
There just doesn't seem to be any way at all this happens.

Then again, about a month out from the draft, wasn't Karlaftis being seen as a probable top 10 pick?

Eh - this is going firmly in the "I'll believe it when I see it" bucket. If he so much as makes it to 20, I'll start to get intrigued. But man, I'd be surprised if that happens - this guy has Pro Bowl edge tools. There are genuine 'blue chip' skills here that you rarely see making it outside the top 10.

Y'know...outside of Sam Williams

{kicks puppy}
Hey the greatest D-end in playoff history won them another ring so it works out
[Reply]
Titty Meat 07:49 PM 03-23-2023
Originally Posted by kccrow:
I don't know how the **** Mel and some of these talking heads come away with the idea that Van Ness is better than Murphy. Man, I just don't agree with it. Murphy has an ELITE get-off at the snap. He has outstanding strength at the point. He has decent bend for his length. He does a decent job using his hands to fight off blockers. He closes well. Those things are translatable NFL traits. Sure, he needs to develop rush counters but **** if Van Ness isn't further behind. I think Van Ness might be the one getting artificially elevated while Foskey and Murphy are getting artificially devalued.

Am I crazy or are they crazy? Man... I just DONT see him falling outside of 20.
They are all clowns look how well respected Mayock was then becomes GM and looks like Matt Millen
[Reply]
kozzman555 08:17 PM 03-23-2023
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
They are all clowns look how well respected Mayock was then becomes GM and looks like Matt Millen
Why do you have to insult Matt Millen like that? Seems pretty rude tbh
[Reply]
kccrow 08:19 PM 03-23-2023
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
I'd rather have the collective "think tank" that is the guys in this draft forum than 75% of the GMs in the NFL and over any of the talking heads. I appreciate the content the talking heads put out, absolutely, but I do believe that they put too much stock in some of the silliest things. At the end of the day, it's about good football players. If it were the Olympics or The World's Strongest Man competitions and the like, maybe I'd see where they were coming from on some of this shit.

Do certain attributes put you at a significant disadvantage? Sure, they absolutely do. Having a T-Rex at OT in the NFL is difficult. A WR having 8" hands is difficult. But a DE with 8.5" hands but an otherwise outstanding build? Man, I just don't know if that's enough for me to downgrade him. Maybe if he were playing DT, I think it matters more there. And really, Myles Murphy is a damned good football player.

These are the same talking heads that are still projecting Skoronski as a LT. I think Skoronski's 32-1/4" arms is far more detrimental at his position but there's still a chance, because of how good of a football player he is, that he beats the odds. Bernhard Raimann came in at 32-7/8" last year and he really came on strong the second half of last year for Indy. The Jets moved Alijah Vera-Tucker to LT and RT with injuries on their OL with solid results and he has 32-1/8" arms. Justin Pugh started at RT the first couple of years of his NFL career with 32" arms. Tackle might not be Skoronski's best fit but a team just might try him there first and then move him inside if it fails. Sure, that might drop him a bit but likely not outside the top 20.
[Reply]
Couch-Potato 05:36 PM 04-02-2023
Do we all agree we're taking MM if he falls to #31?

Heard again today he's falling.
[Reply]
kccrow 07:25 PM 04-02-2023
Originally Posted by Couch-Potato:
Do we all agree we're taking MM if he falls to #31?

Heard again today he's falling.
I don't see how Spags wouldn't be screaming in Veach's ear if he fell. I'd say the chances would be 100%.
[Reply]
Direckshun 08:54 PM 04-02-2023
Originally Posted by kccrow:
I don't see how Spags wouldn't be screaming in Veach's ear if he fell. I'd say the chances would be 100%.
Only way this doesn’t happen is if there is legitimately no plan at FA WR.
[Reply]
Urc Burry 09:28 PM 04-02-2023
This isn’t a knock.. just a funny observation.

Have you guys taken a peak at his hand size? Holy shit :-)

Skyy has freakishly big hands, but he’s 5’9 and he’s almost 2” bigger hands
[Reply]
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Up