ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 8 of 38
« First < 45678 910111218 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Chiefs attended WR OBJ’s private workout today
Dante84 07:46 PM 03-10-2023

Teams represented at Odell Beckham Jr.'s private workout in Arizona today included the Panthers, Giants, Patriots, Rams, Cardinals, 49ers, Bills, Chiefs, Vikings, Browns and Ravens, per source.

— Jonathan Jones (@jjones9) March 10, 2023

Everybody almost ran out after this one… ������ @obj pic.twitter.com/Lya6wg7wuN

— Prince Amukamara (@PrinceAmukamara) March 11, 2023

Odell Beckham Jr showing off the hands and the speed for several NFL teams in the private workout today in Arizona.

Looks pretty good running after undergoing ACL surgery last year.pic.twitter.com/t1ZITirzRK

— Doug Rush (@TheDougRush) March 11, 2023

Talked to a few people who attended Odell Beckham's workout. One noted how noticeably muscular Beckham looks now, likening him to a combination of Saquon Barkley and Deebo Samuel. Another said Beckham is simply a gifted athlete and that hasn't changed. Explosion was there.

— Jeremy Fowler (@JFowlerESPN) March 11, 2023

[Reply]
LoneWolf 02:09 PM 03-11-2023
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
Meh. His entire role is to run the right routes and be in the right place. He doesnt bring value beyond that. He’s decent on the bottom half but he’s nowhere near even a regressing version of thielen.
The next time you type the word Thielen a hammer should pop up out of your keyboard and break your fingers. He isn’t anything KC needs. Just stop with the insanity.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 03:48 PM 03-11-2023
You fucking guys! Lolz ��
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 03:54 PM 03-11-2023
Originally Posted by LoneWolf:
The next time you type the word Thielen a hammer should pop up out of your keyboard and break your fingers. He isn’t anything KC needs. Just stop with the insanity.
I don’t understand the hate. Thielen is a bandaid you might be able to get pretty cheap with no long term strings attached. You bring him in and work like hell to develop a young WR1. Nobody has any delusion he comes in and becomes Justin Jefferson.

He also gives you a guy who can toggle between WR1 and WR2 if you’re worried about Toney staying healthy.

Sounds like a good idea to me at the right price. Of course if you can find a young stud at a good value you go that route but I’m just being realistic about the wr market. There’s a reason the chiefs seem to have an eye on a lot of veteran WRs going into their final contracts
[Reply]
Megatron96 04:09 PM 03-11-2023
Originally Posted by Bowser:
We have access to a cheaper Thielen at this point. He goes by Justin Watson.
Check their stats; Thielen is a far better WR. It's not even close. And someone said something about Adam being a brokedick; he played in all 17 games in 2022, 70 catches/110 targets (65% cth/rt), 6 TDs, 10.2yds/cth. Far better than JJSS, with a very average Kirk Cousins throwing to him.

On a one-year deal, to help mentor our young WR room? It kind of fits Andy's profile.
[Reply]
Archie Bunker 04:13 PM 03-11-2023
Originally Posted by LoneWolf:
:-)

Thank you
[Reply]
Megatron96 04:38 PM 03-11-2023
Originally Posted by Chiefshrink:
Yep, you could compare OBJ with the 396 motor in the Classic late 60's model Chevelle. Either they would GO or Blow. But if they would GO, Oh Boy was it the best!!. I agree with you, I think I go with DHop who is the classic 427 late 60's Corvette.:-)
I'm a big fan of the '63 Split-Window, myself.:-)
[Reply]
neech 04:52 PM 03-11-2023
Isn't OBJ getting a little long in the tooth for Veach? (That means he's getting old)

Plus I think certain teams will want him for more then what we will give for him. Not playing for a while will get him out of the discipline of learning the offense and Andy Reids offense in particular.

Not to say he doesn't have talents but there is more to the game then that.
He needs to be focused for a 17 game stretch and then some.
[Reply]
Megatron96 04:56 PM 03-11-2023
Originally Posted by neech:
Isn't OBJ getting a little long in the tooth for Veach?

Plus I think certain teams will want him for more then what we will give for him. Not playing for a while will get him out of the discipline of learning the offense and Andy Reids offense in particular.

He needs to be focused and for a 17 game stretch and then some.
If there's any kind of bidding war, I'd think Veach says 'pass,' very early.
[Reply]
neech 04:57 PM 03-11-2023
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
If there's any kind of bidding war, I'd think Veach says 'pass,' very early.
I would say to Veach, expect a bidding war.
[Reply]
Couch-Potato 05:00 PM 03-11-2023
Kelce
JuJu
Hopkins/OBJ
Toney
Moore
Ross
Rookie

^Dream scenario IMO
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 05:08 PM 03-11-2023
Isn't OBJ getting a little long in the tooth for Veach? (That means he's getting old)

He needs to be focused for a 17 game stretch and then some.
He's 30, so the same age as Hopkins.

Yes, a little long in the tooth for Veach. I wouldn't expect a big, long-term commitment.

If this is a "biggest deal" situation, I don't think he comes to Kansas City.

If it's something that balances getting paid with the opportunity to win another ringt and play with a good QB, I think KC is one of a few real contenders.

The Jets, if they get Rodgers, would be the main competition/concern if the Chiefs really want him and it's the second scenario I mentioned.
[Reply]
Megatron96 05:10 PM 03-11-2023
I would say to Veach, expect a bidding war.
Not sure there will be much of one. Looking at the list of attending teams, the ones that could use a game-changing WR are: BUF, CLE, NYG, BAL. BUF and CLE probably have cap issues, I think. NYG could pay, and desperately need a true WR1.

But yeah, I have to guess that KC won't win any bidding war for OBJ. About the only thing KC can use as bait is the very real chance that the Chiefs will be in the AFCCG, and probably the SB. "You want $$$, or you want immortality, OBJ?"
[Reply]
Megatron96 05:14 PM 03-11-2023
Originally Posted by Couch-Potato:
Kelce
JuJu
Hopkins/OBJ
Toney
Moore
Ross
Rookie

^Dream scenario IMO
Eh, don't need JJSS at all if you have DHop; don't even need Skyy to do much either. I'd keep MVS to stretch the field vertically, have Toney to stretch it horizontally, and have DHop operate all the old Watkins routes.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 05:15 PM 03-11-2023
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
He's 30, so the same age as Hopkins.

Yes, a little long in the tooth for Veach. I wouldn't expect a big, long-term commitment.

If this is a "biggest deal" situation, I don't think he comes to Kansas City.

If it's something that balances getting paid with the opportunity to win another ringt and play with a good QB, I think KC is one of a few real contenders.

The Jets, if they get Rodgers, would be the main competition/concern if the Chiefs really want him and it's the second scenario I mentioned.
2 years, $34 million?
[Reply]
Easy 6 05:25 PM 03-11-2023
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
I would hoot and howl then crap out a gold brick if they were dumb enough to try it, the all star cast of pricey washed up legends model of team building is a proven failure
[Reply]
Page 8 of 38
« First < 45678 910111218 > Last »
Up