ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 7 of 38
« First < 34567 89101117 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Chiefs attended WR OBJ’s private workout today
Dante84 07:46 PM 03-10-2023

Teams represented at Odell Beckham Jr.'s private workout in Arizona today included the Panthers, Giants, Patriots, Rams, Cardinals, 49ers, Bills, Chiefs, Vikings, Browns and Ravens, per source.

— Jonathan Jones (@jjones9) March 10, 2023

Everybody almost ran out after this one… ������ @obj pic.twitter.com/Lya6wg7wuN

— Prince Amukamara (@PrinceAmukamara) March 11, 2023

Odell Beckham Jr showing off the hands and the speed for several NFL teams in the private workout today in Arizona.

Looks pretty good running after undergoing ACL surgery last year.pic.twitter.com/t1ZITirzRK

— Doug Rush (@TheDougRush) March 11, 2023

Talked to a few people who attended Odell Beckham's workout. One noted how noticeably muscular Beckham looks now, likening him to a combination of Saquon Barkley and Deebo Samuel. Another said Beckham is simply a gifted athlete and that hasn't changed. Explosion was there.

— Jeremy Fowler (@JFowlerESPN) March 11, 2023

[Reply]
Megatron96 12:10 PM 03-11-2023
Originally Posted by New World Order:
So if we sign him then I’m assuming no juju?

I guess it depends what we do at tackle.
We sign either we don't need JuJu. Both can do what JuJu did last season better, and with better results and higher efficiency.
[Reply]
Chiefshrink 12:14 PM 03-11-2023
Originally Posted by New World Order:
So if we sign him then I’m assuming no juju?

I guess it depends what we do at tackle.
I think Juju is a shoe in just primarily because he is smart and is getting well versed with the offense. Andy does not flippantly let people go who are good and productive in his offense because of the complexity. The only other threatening WR that we have that knows it even better is Kelce. Moore and Toney are still wet behind the ears yet. BUT if they are disciplined they will get there.
[Reply]
Kiimo 12:15 PM 03-11-2023
Juju's best season came at slot with a WR1 taking pressure off him.
[Reply]
Easy 6 12:20 PM 03-11-2023
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Yeah I’m not so sure the Chiefs are actually interested in a bidding war. I would imagine this is mostly just due diligence.
This ^

It cant hurt to take a look, but someone is gonna overpay... and it won't be us
[Reply]
Wisconsin_Chief 12:26 PM 03-11-2023
I really don’t see JuJu and OBJ as necessarily an either/or type situation. If you can get JuJu at like 3/36 (which I can’t see the Chiefs going much higher than that) and OBJ on a 1-year deal to regain his value playing with Mahomes, I think the Chiefs would be all over that.

It’s going to depend on what teams are throwing at OBJ. If someone goes nuts and offers him a long term deal, there’s no way the Chiefs are in on that. Or maybe they are? Who knows what they’re thinking. I definitely don’t think Veach is closing the door on anything at this point.
[Reply]
Rainbarrel 12:46 PM 03-11-2023
If someone gets sick of his shit, like they did Toney. Chiefs have their foot in the door, like Toney. At a low cost, like Toney. Perhaps
[Reply]
Fishels 01:16 PM 03-11-2023
Originally Posted by Coochie liquor:
**** that, I hope they win the bidding war. I’m not scared of Buffalo, with or without ODell. Our corners would lock him down. I don’t want him, he’s broken. We need to go younger and not a brokedick. I’d love to see Buffalo swing for the fences again to watch it blow up in their faces like Von. Sneed might put him back on IR again. I’d rather have Lazard than him. Don’t want DHop either. We can do better, and those aren’t Veach moves. We’re not a WR away from a ring, we just won one. We’re a LT away from owning the league!
This. I want a young WR not a drama queen
[Reply]
Bowser 01:29 PM 03-11-2023
- OBJ/DHop
- Toney
- MVS
- Moore
- Ross
- Rookie

I could definitely live with it. But both OBJ and DHop have to understand that they're not going to break the bank coming here. Go to Chicago if you want to get paid but come here if you want to be in contention. Incentive laden deal for OBJ if he picks us and DHop's existing contract at maximum for him we trade for him.
[Reply]
Redbled 01:34 PM 03-11-2023
I’d trade OBJ and a 2nd for Dhop. Not seeing an argument the other way unless the money is crazy different.
[Reply]
Chief Pagan 01:35 PM 03-11-2023
Originally Posted by Fishels:
It would be nice to see a young WR that KC could rely on year after year.

But any time there is a quality vet out there it's certainly worth finding out if they are interested in a team friendly deal to chase a ring/rehab their status.
[Reply]
Bowser 01:35 PM 03-11-2023
Originally Posted by Redbled:
I’d trade OBJ and a 2nd for Dhop. Not seeing an argument the other way unless the money is crazy different.
We can't trade our OBJ since he isn't under contract. I guess we can sign and trade him, but the Cardinals would have to sign off on him getting 25+ mil a year.
[Reply]
The Franchise 01:35 PM 03-11-2023
Originally Posted by Redbled:
Jesus Christ. He wasn’t franchised so you can’t fucking trade him.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 01:55 PM 03-11-2023
Originally Posted by Fishels:
A veteran wr buys you time to develop a young WR. That’s what makes thielen or DHop or obj intriguing. I agree with you on the drama queen side, and with DHop I’d prefer to pocket the picks. So thielen looks very very intriguing if that’s the route.

We also can afford to take risks on injured players knowing we can save them for the regular season and win without them. Not ideal but it could save a couple of bucks.
[Reply]
Bowser 01:57 PM 03-11-2023
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
A veteran wr buys you time to develop a young WR. That’s what makes thielen or DHop or obj intriguing. I agree with you on the drama queen side, and with DHop I’d prefer to pocket the picks. So thielen looks very very intriguing if that’s the route.
We have access to a cheaper Thielen at this point. He goes by Justin Watson.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 02:00 PM 03-11-2023
Originally Posted by Bowser:
We have access to a cheaper Thielen at this point. He goes by Justin Watson.
Meh. His entire role is to run the right routes and be in the right place. He doesnt bring value beyond that. He’s decent on the bottom half but he’s nowhere near even a regressing version of thielen.
[Reply]
Page 7 of 38
« First < 34567 89101117 > Last »
Up